Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:15:58 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Fyre (2019) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fyre (2019)  (Read 4939 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 03, 2019, 01:27:25 PM »

Fyre is a Netflix exclusive documentary on the infamous "Fyre Festival". For those unaware, Fyre Festival was supposed to be a massive festival on an island that was allegedly once owned by drug kingpin Pablo Escobar. People spent good money to go to this thing and found that the description of the festival was completely incorrect. All participants were stuck on an island, staying in s**tty tents (which there weren't enough of for every guest), the food was literally just cheese sandwiches, the bedding was wet, etc.
The entire thing was one of the biggest dumpster fires the world has ever seen. Everything that could possibly go wrong, did.

But beyond just being poorly planned the documentary delves into the delusional mind of Billy Macfarland, the guy responsible for this absolute nightmare.
I'm not going to say much more about it but it's really worth the watch. But if you don't have enough time for it try this video by The Internet Historian. It doesn't go into as much detail but it is hilarious.

7/10

Bushma

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 07:27:22 AM »

One of my neighbors had recommended this.  I ended up watching it, and it was really interesting. 

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 09:20:33 AM »

Reminds me of the plot from House of the Dead by Uwe Boll.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 03:50:34 PM »

I watched it.
 BounceGiggle
So much fun watching morons with more money the sense get ripped of by a scumbag running a Ponzi scheme.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Archivist

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 11:12:07 PM »

Do these Netflix documentaries ever get DVD releases? Netflix in Australia is woefully limited in the number of things we can watch compared with America, and I'd rather just buy a DVD than stream things that come highly recommended.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 04:03:32 AM »

I watched it.
 BounceGiggle
So much fun watching morons with more money the sense get ripped of by a scumbag running a Ponzi scheme.

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Bushma

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 09:19:45 AM »

I watched it.
 BounceGiggle

BounceGiggle
Yeah, I was REALLY enjoying that. 

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »

I watched it.
 BounceGiggle

Actually the ticket prices were way lower than the news was saying. They kept circulating the incorrect number saying the kids that went paid $12,000. It was actually $1,200.
For two weeks in the Bahamas $1,200 is actually pretty cheap. So yeah, most of the people that went to this thing weren't rich.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 02:11:51 PM »

Do these Netflix documentaries ever get DVD releases? Netflix in Australia is woefully limited in the number of things we can watch compared with America, and I'd rather just buy a DVD than stream things that come highly recommended.

Netflix exclusives sometimes appear on DVD, after a while, but it's not a given.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »

Netflix exclusives sometimes appear on DVD, after a while, but it's not a given.

From what I've seen, the few physical releases of Netflix owned content still take a long time to see release.

TensionSplice
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 10:03:29 PM »

The most amazing bit for me was when he used the list of all the people who bought tickets as a "sucker list" for his even scammier ventures and had the gall to videotape what he was doing!
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 04:05:12 AM »

What amazed me was the trouble they went to to organise something that at least resembled a festival. It would have been so much easier to just shoot the promo video, create the buzz, sell tickets and then disappear.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
TensionSplice
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 10:10:43 PM »

What amazed me was the trouble they went to to organise something that at least resembled a festival. It would have been so much easier to just shoot the promo video, create the buzz, sell tickets and then disappear.

And of all the things to work properly the transport for getting people there was probably the worst possibility.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Fyre (2019) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.