Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:43:03 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When you stop and think about it... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: When you stop and think about it...  (Read 7878 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 06, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »

Name some things from movies that seemed cool at first but when you stop and think about it...

Jaws, from the james bond movies, would likely be about the worst excuse for a 'hitman' possible. Sure he's a strong, tough giant with steel teeth who can bite thru trolley cable. So what?

First off he's a giant, making his obviously recognizable in a crowd. Who is he really going to sneak up on? Any competent guard could spot him a mile off, and if he's so well known in those circles who would he be going after that didn't know about him?

International law enforcement would have to know about him, Interpol would surely have him on record, he can't get past a metal detector and what's his big gimmick? He bites people to death.

Whoop-ti-doo.

Who could stop him? Well, anyone with a good gun. Gimme a .45 or a 10mm loaded with high power rounds and I''l be hollering "TIM-BERRRRR" after I put 3 in him. Her was most effective in the movies when the enemy had no gun for one reason or another.

Jaws was mostly comedy relief, in reality he'd be a terrible excuse for a hitman.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 03:20:23 AM »

well in 'reality' Bond would be a terrible excuse for a spy (especially Roger Moore's Bond), so it all kind of evens itself out.

also the notion that "anyone with a good gun" could stop Jaws is rather self explanatory...if you're trying to go for a realistic approach, then who does that logic not apply to?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 03:24:22 AM »

I had to take a moment when I realized that Uwe Boll was actually more than capable of making a good film. I watched the movie Darfur, burst into tears at the end of it and was shocked to find out who the director was.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:57:01 AM »

I had to take a moment when I realized that Uwe Boll was actually more than capable of making a good film. I watched the movie Darfur, burst into tears at the end of it and was shocked to find out who the director was.

I've not seen it, but I believe he did one about the Korean war that was well received.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 06:13:39 AM »

well in 'reality' Bond would be a terrible excuse for a spy (especially Roger Moore's Bond), so it all kind of evens itself out.

also the notion that "anyone with a good gun" could stop Jaws is rather self explanatory...if you're trying to go for a realistic approach, then who does that logic not apply to?

Um,  someone who doesn't stick out like a sore thumb? Someone a guard couldn't spot in a crowd?  Someone who's trademark kill doesn't involve getting close enough to bite someone's neck bones?

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 06:16:00 AM »

I've not seen it, but I believe he did one about the Korean war that was well received.

I don't know if it's the one you're thinking of, but he made a film in SA called Tunnel Rats / 1968 Tunnel Rats dealing with the Vietnam war: it's not every war movie that has the song In The Year 2525 as its' theme tune.  TeddyR

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 07:16:29 AM »

Um,  someone who doesn't stick out like a sore thumb? Someone a guard couldn't spot in a crowd?  Someone who's trademark kill doesn't involve getting close enough to bite someone's neck bones?

I admit my knowledge of firearms is minimal, but I was unaware they only work on 8ft tall behemoths. I'll bear that in mind next time I'm recruiting some henchmen...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 08:11:25 AM »

I don't know if it's the one you're thinking of, but he made a film in SA called Tunnel Rats / 1968 Tunnel Rats dealing with the Vietnam war: it's not every war movie that has the song In The Year 2525 as its' theme tune.  TeddyR

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 09:30:43 AM »

Pretty much every slayer movie ever. Most of the killers walk extremely slow and a lot of times they're just normal people that can be gunned down like anyone else. I guess it works because they always stalk stupid teenagers, but sometimes you wonder why they don't just blow them up or cut their heads off.

No, let's run away from them, trip like idiots, and break our ankles so the killer has an easy time.  Drink

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 04:39:29 PM »

A lot of nature's revenge films where the killer is just a normal animal.  Not one that's been mutated by radiation or possessed by a demon.  Just a normal animal, like the crocodile in Lake Placid or the snake in the first Anaconda movie.

These are creatures in real life have been hunted to near extinction or are facing habitat loss, so we humans clearly outmatch them.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 05:44:13 PM »

I admit my knowledge of firearms is minimal, but I was unaware they only work on 8ft tall behemoths. I'll bear that in mind next time I'm recruiting some henchmen...

Pointless snark,  you lose.

Pacman000
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »

Pretty much every slayer movie ever. Most of the killers walk extremely slow and a lot of times they're just normal people that can be gunned down like anyone else. I guess it works because they always stalk stupid teenagers, but sometimes you wonder why they don't just blow them up or cut their heads off.

No, let's run away from them, trip like idiots, and break our ankles so the killer has an easy time.  Drink
And yet there are real slayers...  Bluesad
Archivist

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 07:21:46 PM »

I like your thinking about Jaws. He's a scary movie villain but would be terrible as a hitman in real life.

Absurb are the slasher movies where:

• the victims run upstairs to escape
    the victims think the killer is dead, but don't make sure of it
    the victims hear creepy noises outside the house at night and go outside, one by one, to investigate
    people think only one bullet will stop the killer

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 10:16:17 PM »

Also when you think abiut it woldn't the death star explosion over Endor in return of the Jedi have xxxxed up the planet by hammering it with massive debris?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 02:00:23 AM »

I like your thinking about Jaws. He's a scary movie villain but would be terrible as a hitman in real life.

Absurb are the slasher movies where:

• the victims run upstairs to escape
    the victims think the killer is dead, but don't make sure of it
    the victims hear creepy noises outside the house at night and go outside, one by one, to investigate
    people think only one bullet will stop the killer

Double tap for the win.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When you stop and think about it... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.