Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:26:39 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When you stop and think about it... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: When you stop and think about it...  (Read 7879 times)
TensionSplice
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 11:25:25 PM »

I like your thinking about Jaws. He's a scary movie villain but would be terrible as a hitman in real life.

Absurb are the slasher movies where:

• the victims run upstairs to escape
    the victims think the killer is dead, but don't make sure of it
    the victims hear creepy noises outside the house at night and go outside, one by one, to investigate
    people think only one bullet will stop the killer

To be fair, would we really expect a your average person (who doesn't deal with life or death circumstances on a regular basis) to be making rational decisions after some dude in a hockey mask just killed a bunch of their friends? I will agree though that all of those points make for pretty bad cinema.
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 01:53:30 AM »

I like your thinking about Jaws. He's a scary movie villain but would be terrible as a hitman in real life.

the victims hear creepy noises outside the house at night and go outside, one by one, to investigate

To be fair, would we really expect a your average person (who doesn't deal with life or death circumstances on a regular basis) to be making rational decisions after some dude in a hockey mask just killed a bunch of their friends? I will agree though that all of those points make for pretty bad cinema.

Maybe it's BECAUSE I've watched umpteen movies like this, but if, heaven forbid, a homicidal maniac came after me and I managed to put him down, I'm making sure he's staying down.

Decades ago, my great-grandmother heard someone poking around outside the house at about 11.30 in the night, knocking on windows or something. She had this brainwave that maybe she should go outside to have a look! Fortunately, my mother stopped this foolishness and they called the cops instead. So perhaps there's a bit of art imitating life, too.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 01:55:52 AM »

Maybe it's BECAUSE I've watched umpteen movies like this, but if, heaven forbid, a homicidal maniac came after me and I managed to put him down, I'm making sure he's staying down.

Decades ago, my great-grandmother heard someone poking around outside the house at about 11.30 in the night, knocking on windows or something. She had this brainwave that maybe she should go outside to have a look! Fortunately, my mother stopped this foolishness and they called the cops instead. So perhaps there's a bit of art imitating life, too.

Ever been in a house alone and heard a strange noise? What did you do at that point?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 02:46:00 AM »

What do I do?  Grab a weapon or two, maybe a light,  and investigate.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »

I'd turn on the outside lights & maybe look out the window.
Archivist

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 05:02:57 AM »

If I hear a strange noise inside the house, I pick up something which can be used as a weapon and become as quiet as possible to listen for further noises. I remain this way until I'm satisfied that things are okay.

If there's someone obviously in the backyard and knocking on windows, I'm definitely not going outside. That's just silly.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 05:06:56 AM »

According to my 'Pocket Guide to Surviving Horror Movies', everyone who goes to investigate the noise, regardless of what they take with them dies. The best way to survive is to barricade the room you are in (including boarding up the window).

If I was a movie psycho though, I'd just set the barricades on fire, so not sure it is that great a survival technique. *shrug*

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pacman000
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 09:00:56 AM »

If I was a movie psycho though, I'd just set the barricades on fire, so not sure it is that great a survival technique. *shrug*
And that's happened  in real life too. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lloyd_Wright#Catastrophe_at_Taliesin_studio
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 03:03:40 PM »

Also when you think abiut it woldn't the death star explosion over Endor in return of the Jedi have xxxxed up the planet by hammering it with massive debris?

Most of it would've burned up in the atmosphere, with one very large piece going down in an unpopulated region of Australia.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »

I used to be really impressed by this scene in the man with the golden gun, partially because they make it look so plausible.

Small | Large

But later, I have to think "Ok, if you can make this thing work, and hide the flight assembly and the machine meant to attach it to the car in a building, um, why not just have a regular car, perhaps one with s souped up engine, and a regular plane hidden in a building, drive the car to the building, leave it and fly away in the plane? Seems like it'd have to be cheaper and much easier to pull off logistically."

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »

He should have gotten himself a Mizar, but those, of course weren't jet powered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTtrhNUZisY

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Pacman000
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2019, 08:31:19 AM »

If the Xenomorph requires a host to reproduce, & it always kills its host quickly, is it really one of the most efficient predators in the universe?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2019, 03:14:13 PM »

If the Xenomorph requires a host to reproduce, & it always kills its host quickly, is it really one of the most efficient predators in the universe?

Hmm, perhaps the built in limit on aliens is some sort of way to ensure they don't outgrow the food supply? Of course this was when the aliens might be a natural lifeform. That idiotic movie prometheus implied they were meant to wipe out humans so maybe once no more humans were left there'd be no need for more aliens in the engineer's POV.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2019, 09:57:17 PM »

Who cuts Dracula's hair? Or do his laundry?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2019, 11:30:15 PM »

Who cuts Dracula's hair? Or do his laundry?  Question

Why do you think he always is looking for  a woman?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When you stop and think about it... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.