Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:15:37 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best president poll « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who was america's best president?
George Washington - 1 (11.1%)
Teddy Roosevelt - 0 (0%)
Franklin Delano Roosevelt - 3 (33.3%)
Dwight D. Eisenhower - 0 (0%)
Lyndon B. Johnson - 0 (0%)
other - 5 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Best president poll  (Read 4195 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 09:27:35 PM »

None of them. the whole concept of a "president" offends me. Who the hell are you to preside over me?
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 09:47:20 PM »

None of them. the whole concept of a "president" offends me. Who the hell are you to preside over me?

The ELECTED Chief Magistrate of the American people, as outlined in the U.S. Constitution.
The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, Head of State, Head of Government, and Chief Administrator.
The Head of the Executive Branch.
That's who.

Your ideas on government utterly baffle me sometimes.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:13 PM »

What a joke. Everyone hates politicians, they are on par with used car salesmen and lawyers, yet we are supposed to venerate the biggest one? the head clown
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 10:06:09 PM »

What a joke. Everyone hates politicians, they are on par with used car salesmen and lawyers, yet we are supposed to venerate the biggest one? the head clown

Gonna try to break down this as to why I'm confused.
What a joke. Everyone hates politicians
Yeah, everyone has a negative opinion on the majority of politicians
they are on par with used car salesmen and lawyers
So stereotypes? Okay, I can run with that.
yet we are supposed to venerate the biggest one?
You don't have to respect them, but you can't go on chastising others for giving their opinions about them.

I don't understand this.
We had, in a sense, temporary anarchy from Christmas to pre Super Bowl when the feds shutdown. And look at how bad that went.
The US can't run like a Commie/dictatorship since we fought over that, with varying results.
What type of government are you thinking of having?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:08:29 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 11:43:15 PM »

Most people who go on and on about how much they hate politicians have very little idea of what those people do.  It's a tough job and a necessary job.
Seriously, what would you favor?  NO government at all?
Go to Somalia or Yemen and see how well that works!  Government exists to prevent "the war of every man against every man."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 01:25:10 AM »

Most people who go on and on about how much they hate politicians have very little idea of what those people do.  It's a tough job and a necessary job.
Go to Somalia or Yemen and see how well that works!  Government exists to prevent "the war of every man against every man."

True,  dis.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 01:22:31 PM »

True,  dis.

I'll pile on. You're absolutely right, Lester, that we shouldn't venerate the President. The position is a necessary evil (like used car salesmen and lawyers). You can still praise ones who do their job well.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 10:45:34 PM »

I'm not chastizing anyone. my vote for the best president is none of them. I don't like the job any of them did
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 11:00:53 PM »

I'm not chastizing anyone. my vote for the best president is none of them. I don't like the job any of them did

Aw, c'mon, lester, not one of them ever tickled your fancy even a little?

Ford falling down steps, Eisenhower scarring the White House floors by wearing golf shoes inside, J.Q. Adams going skinny-sipping in the Potomac, Jefferson sending expeditions to gather mammoth fossils, Mrs. Wilson making decisions for her stroke-afflicted husband and by default being a female President, LBJ scaring Senators half to death by driving him, them and his boat-car into lakes, Jackson giving away free cheese off a hunk the size of a wagon wheel?

Not even Reagan throwing jellybeans at reporters, Washington styling himself "your Mightiness", Carter and his swimming rabbit assassin, Lincoln letting his sons pee in the corner of his White House office, Cleveland marrying a woman more than half his age, Bush senior constantly forgetting to flush the Oval Office toilet, Taylor and his fatal fondness for cherries?

How about Monroe and his doctorin'? Gotta love a medical man, eh?

Not one of them ever for a moment earned even a smidgen of a speck of an iota of your approval, ever-ever? Work with me here! lol

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 12:21:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best president poll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.