Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:29:03 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you didn't like... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies you didn't like...  (Read 3943 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: February 11, 2019, 08:16:16 PM »

...but you do now.

I never cared for the GODFATHER. I tired watching it a number of times, and it bored me to tears.
But I do now.
I suppose it's because I was expecting a Tommy guns blasting Gangster movie.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 01:57:43 AM »

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
LAWRENCE OF ARABIA 

Two of my favorites, but I was BORED with them decades ago...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 02:41:39 AM »

the only film I've ever done a complete 180 on (or should that be 360?) opinion-wise is THE BIG LEBOWSKI.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 03:17:36 AM »

Not a movie but a scene in an episode of battlestar galactica,  the bucket drop.
Sorry... Small | Large

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 06:36:09 AM »

Not a movie but a series: MST3K. I never had the chance to watch it when it was current, so a couple of weeks ago I gave it a shot, since everyone here seems to be talking about it. It felt like the most retarded thing ever, and couldn't stand a minute. After a few days I tried to watch it again, because I knew there was something wrong with me. Nope, same result. Like, WTF are those stupid puppets? Is this for little kids?

Then, I watched Monster A-Go-Go for some giggles. The movie was total torture, but I also had the episode of MST3K with the same title, so I decided to watch it after. For some strange reason I laughed my ass off and became instantly addicted. Now I'm halfways through the first season and can't stop, I love those stupid robots.

There's some strange magical power behind that show, I tell you that.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
claws
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:10:31 AM »

Not a movie but a series: MST3K. I never had the chance to watch it when it was current, so a couple of weeks ago I gave it a shot, since everyone here seems to be talking about it. It felt like the most retarded thing ever, and couldn't stand a minute. After a few days I tried to watch it again, because I knew there was something wrong with me. Nope, same result. Like, WTF are those stupid puppets? Is this for little kids?

I guess one had to be there to fully appreciate MST3K. It seems to be an important part of American TV culture, still adored by millions of people.
I love making fun of bad movies but I could never warm up to the whole concept of MST3K. It felt indeed like a show aimed at little kids, and I always despised the fact that some of the more "adult" movies and language were edited, which made it even more "kid friendly".
Personally I thought those puppets were distractingly annoying and not really that much funny at all (even less funny to me those wraparound stories in the space ship).
Of course fans of the show will tell you otherwise with a never ending fountain of quotes  TeddyR

As for movies I didn't like: Unbreakable (2000). For some reason that one did nothing for me.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 07:14:54 AM »

Then, I watched Monster A-Go-Go for some giggles. The movie was total torture, but I also had the episode of MST3K with the same title, so I decided to watch it after. For some strange reason I laughed my ass off and became instantly addicted. Now I'm halfways through the first season and can't stop, I love those stupid robots.

There's some strange magical power behind that show, I tell you that.

I like the idea of that show, I just need those stupid guys who keep talking all the way through the movies to shut up and let me enjoy the films.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 01:54:53 PM »

There's probably plenty of movies I didn't like as a teenager that I changed my mind on.

The only one that comes to mind now is The Shining. When I was a dumbass teen I didn't like it because it wasn't scary.
As an adult I still don't think it's that scary but I can still highly appreciate what it did for the horror genre as a whole (Even though most
modern horror movies are hot garbage).

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 02:28:28 PM »

I guess one had to be there to fully appreciate MST3K. It seems to be an important part of American TV culture, still adored by millions of people.
I love making fun of bad movies but I could never warm up to the whole concept of MST3K. It felt indeed like a show aimed at little kids, and I always despised the fact that some of the more "adult" movies and language were edited, which made it even more "kid friendly".
Personally I thought those puppets were distractingly annoying and not really that much funny at all (even less funny to me those wraparound stories in the space ship).
Of course fans of the show will tell you otherwise with a never ending fountain of quotes  TeddyR

As for movies I didn't like: Unbreakable (2000). For some reason that one did nothing for me.

Have in mind, I'm argentinian, so the show was never known here. I believe that was partially what detract me from at first: the humor, sometimes, it's waaay too north american. We had a show back then called "Todo Por Dos Pesos" (roughly translated to "Everything For Two Dollars", a reference of those chinese stores that sold cheap crap), but it didn't dealt with movies, rather with a variety of short humorous clips. The sets, the "special effects", the acting, pretty much everything was B-Movie quality, and the joke was basically watching the most idiotic stuff happening on screen. I loved it, and if I had the chance to watch MST3K back then, I'm sure I would've loved it too.

About the kid's tone of the show: in the episodes I'm watching they read some fans letter, and most of the times they're from little ones. They even send drawings of the robots! And, personally, I think that's awesome. Nowadays, a show like that aimed at the whole family, could maybe move people away from that Avengers garbage for a while. I don't know how they're handling the revival of MST3K in Nets**t tho.

And regarding Unbreakable: the movie is way too slow and boring, I watched it once and never came back to it. The scene where he lifts weights almost made me cry:
* Lifts a weight.
* Notices it's easy.
* Watches a bigger weight.
* Lift that other one.
* Repeat this a million times.
The sequel Split, on the other hand, it's so much better; more interesting, crazy, and with a lot more suspense. Haven't watched Glass tho.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »

I must admit: I hated MST3000 back in the day. But I really had no way of seeing stuff like HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND or The CREEPING TERROR until it came out. I wanted the f**king robots to just shut the f**k up! I mean- I been reading about and seen pictures from these movies in Famous Monsters mag, or actually seen them on Double Creature Feature or Chiller back in the 60's and 70's. So I get to see them on TV again- and these f**king robots are running thy're mouths!

But now, 25 years later, I own them films. I can watch them uncut,on vhs (which most of my movies are).

So I actually enjoy watching it on Pluto TV sometimes,  the wrap around segments on MSTK3 more than the movie. So-whattya know?  Smile
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:13:23 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »

gabriel, i HAD to give you good karma for being a new mystie, lol! my hubby and i are huge fans, we own everything that's been released from the original show, plus many of the rifftrax and cinematic titanic dvds as well.
   last year for my birthday we had the great pleasure of seeing frank and trace riffing movies live at the orpheum 2 nights in a row! we got to meet them and chat with them, as well as buy merch directly from them. it was TOO cool that they ran their own merch table! and they graciously agreed to let me cook for them when they come back this year too!
  now, in answer to the OP, definitely the shining is at the top of the list, but not for the same reasons as AJ. for me, it was because it wasn't enough like the book. i walked out on my first official date with hubby because the movie peeved me THAT badly. now, i love it.
Pacman000
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 05:51:11 PM »

Dracula (1931)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Man in the Iron Mask (1998)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »

The Producers, Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Hot Fuzz, Quantum of Solace

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 01:59:46 AM »

I like the idea of that show, I just need those stupid guys who keep talking all the way through the movies to shut up and let me enjoy the films.
I think this is my problem with it too. plus I don't find them remotely funny, every 'quip' they come out with seems to trigger an awkward silence in my head.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »

MEAN STREETS. The first couple of times I saw it, I didn't understand why it got such good reviews. Now, it's among my favorites and I watch it at least once every year.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you didn't like... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.