Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:33:22 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you ever change your mind? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you ever change your mind?  (Read 2233 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 12, 2019, 02:17:46 PM »

Do you ever change your mind?

it seems a lot of people don't. A lot of people, when shown evidence their views may be wrong, simply go into a lockdown mode on their views and just shout them louder and louder. They claim that facts that refute their views are just opinions and their opinion is as good as anyone else's.

Some see changing one's mind as a sign of weakness, others see it as proof they can alter their views to fit new data.

Dr. who had a saying about that sort of mindset.

So I was thinking about times when I had a viewpoint or belief I later changed in the face of new data.

When I was a kid I believed that blacks just screamed racism at the drop of a pin. Yes, I thought that quite a while back.

Then, we had the handheld video revolution. I began to see incident after incident of police beating, terrorizing and even murdering blacks on no grounds beyond "My cop sense told me he was up to something." I've seen clear evidence of cops murdering blacks on video and walking away scott free.

And I realized they weren't just screaming racism as a reflex. They were right after all, and my views, some of which came from family members, were wrong.

Once upon a time I believed that mother teresea was indeed a paragon of human virtue and while I disagreed with her religious views I beieved she was this incredibl good person helping the poor. I was even outraged the first time I saw Christopher Hitchens  call her "A bat from hell."

years later I was watching him discus the corrosive effects religion was having on personal liberty and freedom, and he began attacking Islam, something I do hate quite passionately, and I agreed with him on his views regarding it. So I listened as he stated other views, which i agreed with.

then he came to his views on mother teresea and i ground my teeth and listened. He wexplained she was a fraud, she didn;t realy help the poor, she actually liked poor people suffering and dying in poverty as she saw it as good for the soul. Her charity work for the poor mostly considted of giving them a matt on a floor in essentially a warehouse to die on and wanted people to accept the suffering of poverty as god's will.

The money people poured into her charity didn't buy food or medicine for the poor, it was used to fund missions dedicated to fighting against spreading birth control in poverty stricken areas because birth control is "sinful".

Well, i looked into what hitchens was saying about mother teresea and found out he was right. She was in fact a horrible person who did no real good and a great deal of harm. She was actually he;ping keep people suffering in poverty and starvation and encouraging them to quietly accept it and die out of sight as part of her horrible dogma. She caused more suffering than was already there and did nothing to really end it.

And later, when she was ill and dying, she wasn't laying on a mat on a dirt or concrete floor, oh no! She was in very fine hospitals receiving the best of care, which was the opposite of her views on how the poor should die.

Hitchens showed me the truth about the mother teresea myth, and later her final years only proved that she was indeed a horrible person and a sickening hypocrite.

So, yeah, I can change my mind at times when sufficient cause is shown to get me to.

have you ever changed your mind on any significant point? If so what was it and why did you change it?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »

Yes.
Just today I changed my mind.
I was gonna make steak and onions, but decide to cook pork chops and apple sauce.
Seriously, yes. I believed in God once, now I don't. And that was just up to about 1999.

And the part about pork chops is true.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:20:53 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 03:52:35 PM »

Yes.
I was gonna make steak and onions, but decide to cook pork chops and apple sauce.
Seriously, yes. I believed in God once, now I don't. And that was just up to about 1999.

Damn you rcm! You just made me have a craving for breaded, seasoned, baked pork chops!

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 04:57:37 PM »

The Pipeline....
During the bamster years, even the leftist press thought it would be a good idea, bringing jobs to little boomtowns along the way, with a few paranoid envirocooks telling exaggerations & lies, and leaving behind campsites so full of garbage, they were declared environmental hazards, finally ending with that bamster giving the weirdest excuse I've ever heard for why he VETOed the project.

But, a couple of tiny little matters that that the commies & the paranoid envirocooks didn't think were all that important came to my attention during the homecoming stretch....
The first one was eminent domain. This one rock group briefly touched on how this one hippie retreat & a farm or two might be in the path of this pipeline, but it eventually wound up cutting through a luxury resort, and the original plan called to pave over an historic black church until a rather BAD compromise was reached...
There were also places where they needed to shore up the soil around the pipeline path, so they started dropping these biodegradable pellets from helicopters that turn loose dirt into clay or something. But, they didn't just stick to the pipeline, they flew over nearby farms, and it turns out the fertilizers in these pellets are bad for farming.
The other thing that nobody thought was worth mentioning, was that we're not keeping it. I mean, I was under the impression that we were going to be keeping & using our own resources. Had I known we were giving it away, I would've been against it from the get go.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 07:19:47 PM »

Nah, there's nothing wrong with the one I have  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »

Yes.

Damn you rcm! You just made me have a craving for breaded, seasoned, baked pork chops!

And that's the way I fixed them too! Yum yum!  Smile

Nah, there's nothing wrong with the one I have  Wink

Well, if your sure..., 'cus I know a guy...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 07:06:17 PM »

I usta believe that ghosts are dead people.
I dunno-they still might be (knock on wood).  Buggedout
Actually- poltergeist s**t freaks me out. I had that happen in the little old house I lived in in back of Welches-that place was great-except when s**t would get pushed off the top of the fridge, or their was a huge BAM! like a boulder landed on top of the house. My kids were there. Leroy and Corky too.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:11:00 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 07:08:40 PM »

Oh yes. For a long time I have thought about coming out and didn't. One day I decided to.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 07:12:59 PM »

Oh yes. For a long time I have thought about coming out and didn't. One day I decided to.

Cool, man.  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 01:25:28 AM »

Well, if your sure..., 'cus I know a guy...

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I really wish I could give you karma for that.   TeddyR TeddyR
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:04:46 AM by Trevor » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 01:26:47 AM »

Nice!  Thumbup

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:13 AM »

What?  You mean come out into daylight? I hope it didn't burn too badly.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you ever change your mind? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.