Main Menu

How many of these films have you actually watched?

Started by RCMerchant, January 25, 2019, 08:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

I've seen all of them multiple times. I own 4 of them on DVD of blu-ray:

DRACULA (1931)
The MALTESE FALCON
GONE WITH THE WIND
CASABLANCA

The first time I saw Caligari was on a local PBS station back in the 1970s. I loved it!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

RCMerchant

Quote from: The Burgomaster on February 05, 2019, 07:00:48 PM

DRACULA (1931)
The MALTESE FALCON
GONE WITH THE WIND
CASABLANCA

The first time I saw Caligari was on a local PBS station back in the 1970s. I loved it!

Me too! I saw  DR.MABUSE, THE GAMBLER on the same station-34 WSJV PBS out of Grand Rapids, around the same time too. And NOSFERATU. It was the only place you could see silent movies! Beyond a Harold Llyod show that was on Sunday morning on channel 22.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

The Burgomaster

Quote from: RCMerchant on February 05, 2019, 07:59:36 PM
Quote from: The Burgomaster on February 05, 2019, 07:00:48 PM

DRACULA (1931)
The MALTESE FALCON
GONE WITH THE WIND
CASABLANCA

Me too! I saw  DR.MABUSE, THE GAMBLER on the same station-34 WSJV PBS out of Grand Rapids, around the same time too. And NOSFERATU. It was the only place you could see silent movies! Beyond a Harold Llyod show that was on Sunday morning on channel 22.

The PBS channel in my area (WGBH, Channel 2) also showed Nosferatu. In addition, they showed concert movies that were simulcast on a local FM radio station so you could listen in stereo! I remember watching Gimme Shelter and a few others. They showed Monty Python episodes, too, which I thought was cool because it was one of the few ways you could hear mild swearing like "bastard" on TV and see an occasional buttock or animated boobs.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Pacman000

Watched Casablanca over the weekend. Bits were slow, but overall a good movie. (Still have As Time Goes By stuck in my head.  :smile:)

zombie no.one

only seen ON THE WATERFRONT and GONE WITH THE WIND.

studied ON THE WATERFRONT for A Level. the book and the film. by the time we'd finished the course I was sick of it, especially the "coulda been a contender scene

(we also had to watch and analyse CHILDS PLAY 3, scene by scene, which took about a month.)

Agree with Merchant that GONE WITH THE WIND is soap opera bs. it's just a 1930s chick flick, imo
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???