Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:52:43 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dungeons And Dragons (2000) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dungeons And Dragons (2000)  (Read 4335 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: March 13, 2019, 04:49:24 AM »

I bought this for my nephew, Alex warned me that it would bore him: here's my take:

Acting in film: amateurish, on hobo level.🤮
What Jeremy Irons is doing in this, I have no idea.🤪
Marlon Wayans also has no idea what he is doing in this 🤧
Special effects: done in Microsoft Paint.🤣
Lead characters are called Ridley and Snails 🤪
Riff Raff from The Rocky Horror Picture Show has a cameo 🤓
Music: not bad.😀
Produced by someone with the first name of a car and last of something you put on bread (Kia Jam)🤓
Directed by someone who had never made a film before.🤧
Very little violence.🤨
Strongest swearword: "Damn."🤫
No sex.🤨
Scary thing: Bruce Payne's lipstick. 🤢
There are two (count 'em, two) sequels to this. 😮
The credits seem to go on longer than the film 😑

I liked it, not a lot but a bit.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:28:25 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 07:32:49 AM »

The third one, (The Book of Vile Darkness) is worth watching although it has a much lower budget and no star names.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 07:59:29 AM »

I bought this for my nephew, Alex warned me that it would bore him: here's my take:

Acting in film: amateurish, on hobo level.🤮
What Jeremy Irons is doing in this, I have no idea.🤪
Marlon Wayans also has no idea what he is doing in this 🤧
Special effects: done in Microsoft Paint.🤣
Lead characters are called Ridley and Snails 🤪
Riff Raff from The Rocky Horror Picture Show has a cameo 🤓
Music: not bad.😀
Produced by someone with the first name of a car and last of something you put on bread (Kia Jam)🤓
Directed by someone who had never made a film before.🤧
Very little violence.🤨
Strongest swearword: "Damn."🤫
No sex.🤨
Scary thing: Bruce Payne's lipstick. 🤢
There are two (count 'em, two) sequels to this. 😮
The credits seem to go on longer than the film 😑

I liked it, not a lot but a bit.

Jeremy Irons is having a blast in this one.  One of his lines is, "Let their blood RAIN from the skies!", and it's one of the most over the top deliveries in the history of film.  Best part of the film, easily.  Bruce Payne is also fun - he returns for the lower budget sequel, which is probably a better movie even though it's bad too.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 08:17:30 AM »

Jeremy Irons is having a blast in this one.  One of his lines is, "Let their blood RAIN from the skies!", and it's one of the most over the top deliveries in the history of film.  Best part of the film, easily.  Bruce Payne is also fun - he returns for the lower budget sequel, which is probably a better movie even though it's bad too.

Welcome back, Jim: long time.  Smile

My nephew is ten - I wonder how he would react to this?

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 10:03:51 AM »

I remember the cardboard axe the dwarf had, man that was some hilarious stuff right there.
I have no problems with fantasy being for everyone (in fact, as a fan and unknown author of the genre, I believe that it's how it should be), but this one just had s**tty quality overall, and zero respect for the source material.
I say stick to other fantasy flicks like Dragonhearth, which stomps this film to the ground. Hell, even the ultra low budget Hawk the Slayer is a thousand times more awesome than D&D, and the soundtrack is the most crazy thing ever.
Still, in my opinion, if you want to introduce a young one to fantasy, just show him Willow. That movie is perfection.

By the way, wasn't Jeremy Irons in the equally crappy Eragon? The one with the dragon that could talk without moving her mouth and had a hot-line voice. It seems like he enjoys this kind of stuff. I remember him from other serious -and actually good- titles like The Man In the Iron Mask and Kingdom of Heavens, but those weren't fantasy but rather medieval, or historic, whatever you wanna call it.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »

I remember watching in stunned amazement at Jeremy Irons in this one and thinking he should take up doing voice acting for animation, cos it certainly felt like he phoned this performance in.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 12:27:24 PM »

Good guess Gabriel Knight. Jeremy Irons was in the film, playing Brom. Though, it may have been a role he should have passed on, considering the pasting the film got at the box office. On a film budgeted at $100 million, it only earned $75 million at the domestic box office. While the international box office got it pass the breakeven point, it probably did not make enough to turn a profit. Which killed off any idea of making the next 3 books in the book series into films.

It is one of those typical film mistakes--make enough changes from the book to the film (over 50)--to alienate the fans of the book, but not the right changes that would attract someone who has not read the books. And for clarity, I have neither read the books nor seen the film.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 12:49:00 PM »

I remember watching in stunned amazement at Jeremy Irons in this one and thinking he should take up doing voice acting for animation, cos it certainly felt like he phoned this performance in.

He phoned it in? Nah, he had a bad connection  Wink

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 01:33:40 AM »

Hopefully a better movie...

http://epicstream.com/news/NicoParungo/Dungeons-and-Dragons-Movie-Hoping-to-Land-Marvels-Dave-Bautista-Chris-Pratt-and-Others-as-Lead-Star?utm_content=bufferaaf5b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=epicbuffer&fbclid=IwAR1FT7jFa-pWI92xEbxmpM_gs5FQJU2bBGLsn8_xFJ2lI2UHV6upuQH-jR8

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 02:34:03 AM »

Jeremy Irons had a small but important part in "the time machine" but man,  he shined in it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 04:13:32 AM »

I forgot to add that the film looks like it was shot on 8mm film and the entire thing was lit by some guy holding a torch over his head.  TeddyR

Jim H

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 10:42:24 PM »

Welcome back, Jim: long time.  Smile

My nephew is ten - I wonder how he would react to this?

Thanks Trev!  Glad you're still around.  I've got a 13 year old nephew, think he'd enjoy it, I'll report back if I ever get around to it.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 02:24:29 AM »

This was particularily dire. Doesn't it have Thora Birch in it as well, and a cameo of Tom Baker as king of the Elves (or something)

Jeremy Irons is a hoot in this one. As to why he was in it, it was his DESTINYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 02:40:31 AM »

I think Trevor should do a full review of this one.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 04:34:55 AM »

Thanks Trev!  Glad you're still around.  I've got a 13 year old nephew, think he'd enjoy it, I'll report back if I ever get around to it.

Thanks Jim  Smile

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dungeons And Dragons (2000) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.