Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:01:36 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  After 15 years... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: After 15 years...  (Read 2733 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: March 23, 2019, 03:20:58 AM »

Supernatural is coming to an end.

It’s the end of an era. The CW’s seemingly-immortal Supernatural is reaching the finish line with its upcoming fifteenth season. The horror-infused show following the monster-hunting adventures of brothers Sam and Dean Winchester (Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) is the last series still on the air that began on The CW’s forebear The WB, which closed in 2006. As of season 15’s finale, it will have aired a historic 327 episodes, which makes it the longest-running sci-fi/fantasy series in U.S. television.

As you might expect, then, this news comes with an outpouring of grief on social media. A huge reason why Supernatural has lasted so long is because it has an intensely loyal and devoted fanbase who’ve followed it through its highs and lows, the multiple deaths and resurrections and that Scooby-Doo episode. And here’s just a smattering of the reactions from fans on Twitter.

You can’t even imagine how happy you make me and how much you have changed my life. I owe everything to you. Thank you for everything @JensenAckles @mishacollins @jarpad @cw_spn #SupernaturaI pic.twitter.com/TwQb9M6Wqo

— sara (@JensenAcklesGod) March 22, 2019

My favorite TV show, #Supernatural, is ending after their 15th season… pic.twitter.com/xOoZHalIcp

— Sydney Pharris (@officialsydneyp) March 22, 2019

I love you all, Supernatural is and will always be in my heart pic.twitter.com/fFKuATsD0Z

— Andy (@merakieros) March 22, 2019

Supernatural is ending next season 😭😭 IM NOT READY💔 pic.twitter.com/wh53Mj4IN3

— Mariam (@m_alrashied) March 22, 2019

me: *constantly making jokes about how ridiculous it is that supernatural is still running after so many years*

also me: *sobbing like a baby over the fact that season 15 is gonna be the last season*

— J u l i a 🌻 (@feuersymphonie) March 22, 2019

Supernatural: 14x13 - "Lebanon" Gallery
1 of 9

Prev
Next
Click to zoom

I am heartbroken. This show means so much to me. I've made some of the best friends in my life thanks to Supernatural. Will treasure the memories of meeting Jared, Jensen and Misha forever. I will always be a member of the #SPNFamily. Now I'm off to cry. A lot. https://t.co/I9ouwe3E6h

— (((Charley M))) 🐑 (@charley_yorks) March 22, 2019

Supernatural the show will come to an end, but the family it created and the impact it’s had will remain forever.

— Alana King (@_KingBooks_) March 22, 2019

Me heart just broke. I dont know how to live without Supernatural #SPNFamily

— Ana 🐝🇵🇹 (@abelha_magas) March 22, 2019

That last tweet sums up what a lot of folks are feeling right now. For those who’ve been watching since the beginning, or even just from a few seasons in, it’s been a part of their lives for a huge amount of time, so it’s going to take a while to adjust to the idea of there being no more Supernatural following spring 2020.

Ackles, Padalecki and long-time co-star Misha Collins (the trench coat-wearing angel Castiel) announced the news on social media in a video taken on set in Vancouver. In it, the three actors explained that they’re excited to get started on the final season but they’re feeling emotional that it’s coming to a close. “This family isn’t going anywhere,” Collins said in the heartfelt message to the fans, “even though this show is going to end.”

Supernatural continues its 14th season Thursdays on The CW. The 2o-episode final season, meanwhile, will air this fall.

As much as I love the show I am fine with it ending after 15 seasons. That is a pretty good run to me.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 11:05:33 PM »

i agree. jared and jensen, in particular, deserve to choose their families first. and i look forward to their future ventures, as well as the ventures of all of my favorites and the writers and crew.
  the brilliance i've seen over the years in the crew's work impressed me just as much as the writing and the acting. and i truly believe that all fans should celebrate the new adventures as much as they mourn the old.
   and if any of you read here, cast, crew, etc.., you are loved. you will always be loved , know that always. you won't be forgotten, ever. Cheers
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 07:54:57 PM »

While I'm sad it's ending, the main 3 deserve it (Jared, Jensen, Misha.)  Jared and Jensen there since day 1, Misha since like season 4-ish as Cas.  They've got kids.  Who are growing, so I'm sure they wanna spend time with them.  Plus they only have a short summer break so I'm sure they've all turned down opportunities for film or other tv projects. 

And, depending how the show ends, I'm sure in a few years there could be a special TV-Movie or Netflix only type deal, reunions or whatever.  Or sequel series, etc. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  After 15 years... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.