Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:33:23 AM
714212 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Avengers: Endgame « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Avengers: Endgame  (Read 3075 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: April 02, 2019, 08:00:19 PM »

Small | Large

April 26th, the 4th Avengers film overall, the direct sequel to Infinity War, comes out.  I think it's the 22nd or 23rd MCU film.

Looks solid. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 10:01:05 PM »

Marvel Studios will pull all the stops out for this one, it's the climax of the series begun with Iron Man. I bet the investment company that pumped money into Marvel before Iron Man is dancing in the streets with the success of these movies. Has it really been eleven years since Iron Man kicked this off?? It only seems like yesterday that I was in the cinema with friends and exclaiming how great it was.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »

More than solid.
The advanced ticket sales have already set a record.
Such that an opening of nearly $1 Billion is not out of the realm of possibility.
But, be prepared for a long sit. At over 3 hours running time, it is the longest Marvel film to date.
He hopes that'll have that rarity, an intermission. The last time he saw a movie that had an intermission was Gettysburg and that was back in 1993. Of course, it also ran 74 minutes longer than this film.
Archivist

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:34:17 AM »

Over three hours?? Make sure you go to the bathroom beforehand, and take snacks and water to help you get through. Wow.  Thumbup Smile

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 01:07:19 AM »

I've seen a lot of I know people discussing the run time and keep thinking, what is the big deal. You've sat through the lord of the rings in the cinema.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Archivist

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 10:44:05 PM »

I've seen a lot of I know people discussing the run time and keep thinking, what is the big deal. You've sat through the lord of the rings in the cinema.

I think I saw the Fellowship of the Ring in the cinema, and the rest on DVD. I'll never forget the look of silent shellshock on the faces of the little kids after the battle against the orcs at the end of Fellowship.  TeddyR

Archivist

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 08:37:27 PM »

My tickets have been booked for this coming Sunday afternoon. Am prepared for three hours of theatrical experience. There will be a final emptying of the bladder and stocking up on snacks before the movie. I'd wear a party hat, but I don't want to obscure the vision of people behind me. I'm excited but not jumping out of my skin like for Dark Knight Rises, but I'm sure it will be good. This is it. This is Endgame. I've watched almost every Marvel Studios movie leading up to this, from Iron Man onwards. It's gonna happen.

No spoilers for at least a month, guys!  Thumbup TeddyR Cheers

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 12:25:40 AM »

Hope you enjoy the movie. I think they've done an incredible thing with building up a story for this long and hope the payoff is worth watching.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 11:13:25 AM »

Seen it: Major spoiler alert:

Thanos gets hold of a large vacuum cleaner and sucks up the remains of the cast from Infinity War, then sprinkles everything over a lake of fire.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 02:23:32 PM »

I saw it today. The 3 hours went by pretty quickly. Thumbs up!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Archivist

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 09:18:38 PM »

Yeah man! Sunday afternoon at the movies FTW!  Cheers

I really, really love what they did with Endgame. They managed to bring together or give closure to every major plot, character and movie over the last 11 years, and all in three hours. Chris Evans, in a recent interview, said that he was happy to be contracted to a series where you are pretty much guaranteed to be in a good film every time.

Some online articles liken the MCU movies to be like a TV series but on a much larger scale; I've made similar comparisons over the years. Endgame is like the final episode of a grand series that gives such incredible closure, but also leaves hints open for further stories. I just love how they have built an incredibly rich world over the last eleven years and managed to make consistently good films throughout.

Non-spoiler commentary:

- there is a scene where a main character has a dialogue with a non-main, and I didn't expect the non-main to be as emotionally vulnerable with what in the movie is a complete stranger. But I'm not overly worried about that. It was a superb scene and way to tie things off.

- the return of a villain was unexpected and totally squealworthy, and sets the scene for further stories.

- was not expecting a villain to be as they were at the beginning of the film, nor did I expect the sudden development. Yikes.

- so many characters get screen time it's not funny, I can't even begin to think how much money was required to pay the cast.

- I really should have watched Ant-Man and Wasp, and Captain Marvel before this movie. Probably should have watched Guardians 2 as well.

- The ultimate experience would be to binge watch all the MCU movies in order before you see Endgame. It would be an absolute masterwork that will probably never come again in our lifetime. I'm serious, seeing the development of characters and plot over time, and then capping it off with Endgame, would be spectacular.

- conversely, I can't fathom how anyone could go into Endgame without having seen pivotal movies like Iron Man, Captain America, Civil War or Infinity War. I know of people who did, and although they enjoyed it, they would have appreciated it far, far more had they seen the earlier movies.

- the is the end but also the beginning. Am really looking forward to how this moves forward.

I kind of envy the children who were old enough to begin with Iron Man in 2008 but still young enough to retain a sense of wonder, with Iron Man imprinting them emotionally as movies like Star Wars did for much earlier generations. Imagine them growing over the last 11 years, watching each movie and moving from pre-teens into their late teens and twenties.

I cannot think of another movie franchise which has run so long with recurring characters and actors, with the possible exception of Star Trek.

Thank you to Stan Lee and everyone at Marvel Studios for making all of this possible.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Avengers: Endgame « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.