Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:33:17 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When Bad Directors Make Good Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: When Bad Directors Make Good Movies  (Read 10141 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 10:05:04 AM »

I would say the first Star Wars film is a good movie made by a bad director.
You win the internet today!
BTW;  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk
This video0 shows very clearly how s**tty a director Lucas was way back in 1976... but Richard Chew and Marcia Lucas saved his sorry, untalented ass...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 04:18:27 PM »

Peter Jackson's sole good film is Bad Taste

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 05:26:59 PM »

1stly i disagree i love love American Graffiti that's i think George Lucas's best film, now i love Star Wars too and a New Hope is a great film i'm not denying that but i love American Graffiti, and Peter Jackson i've actually never have seen Bad Taste i keep forgetting to seek it out to be honest, but i love the Lord of the ring films, and though i haven't watched "The Frightner's  in years i do have a copy of the Directors cut which i haven't watched yet but that cut is suppose to be a lot better than the theatrical cut and i saw it in the theater back in the day and loved it.

and with M. Night i like him as a director but he's done a lot bad films for me i think his best film isn't my favorite of his is Sixth sense.  but his films in the past couple years have actually gotten better and i read an interview that he did where he said that when he started out he was making films for himself a movie like Unbreakable or Signs but the ones after that he started making them for his kids  when they were little and now that they are older he's making them for himself again.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »

Sorry, disagree. I didn't like BAD TASTE. DEAD-ALIVE is vastly superior.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 12:40:57 AM »

that's another i haven't seen yet oddly enough, i remember when that came out i wasn't allowed to see it cause i was well too young to see it though i was my early teens i think? my brother back than since he was a horror fan like me well is as he's still around anyways, he'd say you can watch this or that and it always annoyed the hell out of me too.

my folks never watched horror movies at all nor do they read King normally either so he was like that with movies too. my folks left that too him on that front today i think it's really stupid they did that but oh well i guess
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 02:42:17 AM »

I'd have to say that  THX-1138 was a slightly flawed but good movie and a good hard SF movie.  If anything the corporate and state  Dehumanization of most people  has grown vastly since it was made and a remake could be a worthy project.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »

I'd have to say that  THX-1138 was a slightly flawed but good movie and a good hard SF movie.  

I thought it was a fantastic movie! And it had Sid Haig too! Bacon!

I remember- I haven't seen it since 1976- but in STAR WARS there was a couple of seconds on screen of a pilot of some space ship-one of Vader's bad guys-who looked very much like the cops in THX.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:16:00 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2019, 02:40:03 PM »

that could have been intentional i'm guessing. i haven't seen THX1138 but i will watch Sid Haig in anything regardless how bad the film is, and no i'm not calling THX1138 a bad film cause i haven't seen it just mean since he's done so many bad films.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 02:49:34 PM »

that could have been intentional i'm guessing. i haven't seen THX1138 but i will watch Sid Haig in anything regardless how bad the film is, and no i'm not calling THX1138 a bad film cause i haven't seen it just mean since he's done so many bad films.

I'm sure it was a nod to THX-1138.
And, yeah. I like Sid Haig. And if it's a Pam Grier movie...I might just have an orgasm!
  : Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2019, 06:31:13 PM »

Yeah, lucas did a lot of tributes to thx-1138.

Honestly i'm surprised he doesn;t  (XXXX you AHD!) do a remake.

Yes I know if you look at the dramatic and beautiful last moment THX is doomed. as he's on the surface of earth with no outdoor survival skills or knowledge. But it was a beautiful scene.

pennywise37

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2019, 09:12:18 PM »

well if you think about it THX isn't as well known like Star Wars is nor is it loved like it is either. true many know about it but that's guys like us who love films but the vast Majority i'd say unless they are film geeks as i call it like us they have never heard of it. that's how i look at it anyways,

that's i think why he hasn't done a remake of it. and i'm not saying there aren't fans of it there no doubt are but not like his other films
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2019, 09:27:36 PM »

well if you think about it THX isn't as well known like Star Wars is nor is it loved like it is either. true many know about it but that's guys like us who love films but the vast Majority i'd say unless they are film geeks as i call it like us they have never heard of it. that's how i look at it anyways,

that's i think why he hasn't done a remake of it. and i'm not saying there aren't fans of it there no doubt are but not like his other films

I get your view,  but I think in today's world the concept of people being utterly dehumanized by a corporate state that is utterly indifferent to their humanity and suffering would really resonate.

claws
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2019, 08:01:58 AM »

Heavenly Creatures (1994) is even better  Smile

Why is Peterr Jackson even listed? wtf?
pennywise37

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2019, 08:18:53 AM »

i think we are both right and damn Heavenly Creatures is one i've wanted to see for years, on the show i love it's called Deadly women or as i call it Evil Bi***S

cause they got some evil ones on there, anyways in one episode they talk about that case and that's one author i have heard of but i have never read any of her books sadly. so i dunno how good or bad they are to be fair. i like Peter Jackson as Director for me for the ones i have seen The Lovely Bones is his worst film.

not a bad idea at all that he decided to do and it had it's moments to be fair but the film was sadly awful.  i liked the King Kong one i haven't seen The Extended cut yet, but it's not among his best films at all but it's not bad either, i think Skull Island was a better film to be honest
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2019, 10:50:30 AM »

Heavenly Creatures (1994) is even better  Smile

Why is Peterr Jackson even listed? wtf?

I agree, and I think LOTR series is the best. But Bob clearly doesn't like PJ for whatever reason. So it seems to me if you don't like PJ but you like BAD TASTE, you should love DEAD-ALIVE, which is the same kind of thing only turned up to 11.

I love DEAD-ALIVE but really hated BAD TASTE when I first saw it (when it came out on VHS in the early 90s). Maybe I'd like it better now. But I liked DEAD-ALIVE from the get-go.

I'd say his worst may be MEET THE FEEBLES, which is well done in its way, but just so reprehensible.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When Bad Directors Make Good Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.