Main Menu

Animated intros to otherwise live-action tv shows or movies.

Started by retrorussell, May 02, 2019, 01:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrorussell

There are plenty of tv shows or movies that have animated intros (featuring the title card and maybe director or producer or whatever), but otherwise feature live action.  A couple examples I can think of right off the bat:
I DREAM OF JEANNIE (1965-70)
This intro features an astronaut landing his craft in the ocean near a beach.  He knocks over a lamp and a sexy genie pops out, dancing a giving him a kiss.  She gets sucked back into her bottle and her eyes blink at the viewer form inside-- this part rather creeped me out as a kid!
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
BATMAN (1966-68)
The intro featured Batman and Robin beating up various thugs with the spoken lyrics simply saying "Batman" over and over, ending with "da da da da da da da da da da da.. BATMAN!".
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Offer up your own examples!
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

retrorussell

BEWITCHED (1964-72)
Shows Samantha first on a broom flying around and then in domestic bliss with Darren, turning into a cat and then back.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
WHEW! (1979-80)
Cool, clever and humorous game show hosted by Tom Kennedy and announced by Rod Roddy.  The animated opening (done by Hanna-Barbera!) depicts a contestant trying to pass the Gauntlet of Villains (the bonus game of the show, featuring ten famous monsters/villains) and collapsing in a pot of gold worth $25,000, and then cue to the title card and the show's beginning.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

Alex

Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

RCMerchant

the PINK PANTHER series of films.
the old LOST IN SPACE TV series features the Robinson family floating on a life-line in space.
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN has the boys (as skeletons!) being chased by Frank, Drac, and Wolfie.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Pacman000

Would The Honeymooners' intro count?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I Love Lucy had one when originally broadcast.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Oh, look! The Luci-Desi Comedy Hour:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

retrorussell

Quote from: Pacman000 on May 03, 2019, 12:26:06 PM

I Love Lucy had one when originally broadcast.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Oh, look! The Luci-Desi Comedy Hour:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Gah!!!  Lucy and Desi need to eat something!

Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

WingedSerpent

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

retrorussell

Svengoolie 3

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.

Pacman000

Would the Twilight Zone's intro count?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

No character animation, but the 1st intro was created by UPA, the same company which made Mr. Magoo!

retrorussell

RCMerchant

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Svengoolie 3

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.