Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:03:16 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Feeling depressed... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feeling depressed...  (Read 3024 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 08, 2019, 03:17:07 PM »

I'm seeing so many news stories about great technical and scientific developments bing made by china in various fields.

I remember when if you heard about a big advancement in science or technology7 chances were it was happening in america.

I guess the plot to dumb down america is succeeding. In addition to being depressing this is also scary as hell because china is the most authortarian, anti freedom, anti libery, crual, oppressive and downright inhuman regime in the world today.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 04:00:04 PM »

I myself battle depression with drugs and booze.
It seems to work.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »

Try teaching yourself how to build & repair computers, & then being told by employment councilors that you'll never get a job doing that because your dysgraphia will affect your typing speed.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 05:20:54 PM »

China has far more human resources than we do, so they should have a disproportionate number of achievements.

The future belongs to the Chinese. It's inevitable. They have one fifth of the world's population. We have 5%.

America's educational system is still in need of a massive overhaul.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 05:36:03 PM »

I wouldn't get depressed over that.

If China gets that rich, the poor there are gonna say "WTF?" and a revolution will happen.
Always does.
of course lotsa Chinese live waaay out- like Mongolia and the mountains. I don't think communist law or prosperity affects them too  much.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 05:41:51 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 09:17:02 PM »

China has far more human resources than we do, so they should have a disproportionate number of achievements.

The future belongs to the Chinese. It's inevitable. They have one fifth of the world's population. We have 5%.

America's educational system is still in need of a massive overhaul.
the last sentence is true.

Unfortunately so is this.

LilCerberus

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 09:44:01 PM »

I dunno...
Even though America owes China money, I believe their economy is being held up by the American consumer, which, when you hear the stories from Chinese refugees, is usually supplied by a workforce of conscripted labor (typically Christian infidels) for no pay.

As for who in China is really making money, I've seen enough nightly news stories & PBS specials to suggest that the biggest line of employment lies in real estate development & construction.
Of course, in these same shows, it's shown how people are forced off of dwindling farm land, in order to build retail outlets and apartment complexes which, in spite of the over-population problem, don't have enough people to fill them....

In short, they're literally building ghost towns in order to keep their construction industry afloat.

An economy built on that logic is bound to implode sooner or later.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »

I dunno...
Even though America owes China money, I believe their economy is being held up by the American consumer, which, when you hear the stories from Chinese refugees, is usually supplied by a workforce of conscripted labor (typically Christian infidels) for no pay.

As for who in China is really making money, I've seen enough nightly news stories & PBS specials to suggest that the biggest line of employment lies in real estate development & construction.
Of course, in these same shows, it's shown how people are forced off of dwindling farm land, in order to build retail outlets and apartment complexes which, in spite of the over-population problem, don't have enough people to fill them....

In short, they're literally building ghost towns in order to keep their construction industry afloat.

May you be right.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 07:29:19 AM »

I dunno...

May you be right.

If am economy that big implodes, it's going to have shock waves around the world. We haven't had a Great Depression in a while...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 10:30:56 AM »

If it helps any, much of China's development is down to stolen secrets from other countries much of which was possible due to some programming they stole from the US via the Russians.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 12:16:00 PM »

rerun of a right wing talk show I was listening to this morning.......
They were interviewing Blake Harris on his book The History Of The Future, about the guy who invented Oculus...

Got me thinking about how Firefox started getting user unfriendly after they fired their CEO for being a republican.

I think a big part of the problem on this side of the pond, is that it all depends on who you work for, or where your money's coming from.

Some of these so called 'visionaries' can be incredibly short sited and petty.

LilCerberus

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »

It occurs to me, that if American companies pull out of China, they'd probably moved to India, Taiwan or Korea, like they've done in the past.....

Trade wars & bashing other countries for outpacing the United States is nothing new....

justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 03:43:25 PM »

If it helps any, much of China's development is down to stolen secrets from other countries much of which was possible due to some programming they stole from the US via the Russians.

Does that mean we'll be looking at the Chinese version of the F-16 technology in the near future?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Feeling depressed... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.