Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:52:32 AM
714330 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Say one sincerely good thing about a really bad movie. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Say one sincerely good thing about a really bad movie.  (Read 7260 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 18, 2019, 06:09:27 AM »

Ok, nothing like "it wasn't longer" or "there wasn't a sequel". Sincerely good things onky.

Manos the hands of fate.  Well, the actor playing manos was believable as an insane fanatic cult leader,  he looked the part. Also the manos costume was visually striking.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 06:12:06 AM »

The Navy vs the night monsters. Well I could say Mamie van doren had great t!ts but I do say it HD to be sincereky good.

Ok,  the idea of the main creatures essentially switching survival modes to deal with anarticac's 6 month nights was fairly decent,  and at least they weren't just another radioactive mutant..

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 11:13:30 AM »

the guy playing Chris in The Room is great

I really like the visuals in The Magic Voyage of Sinbad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 08:27:53 PM »

I always thought Huntress: Spirit Of The Night made good use of the scenery.....
And for all it's cliches, the disappearing wardrobe scene is probably the only time I've seen that cliche done right.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 08:32:24 PM »

soultaker had a COOL vintage car! Cheers
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 09:13:39 PM »

The actor who played Abraham Lincoln in The Asylum's ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS ZOMBIES gave a much better performance than the fellow in the much higher budgeted ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE SLAYER!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 01:32:02 AM »

Space Mutiny was photographed by a mentor of mine.  Smile Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 02:31:04 AM »

Superman 4 tqfp was truly awful but at least dealt wth the issue of "Why don't  superheroes fix the whole world ?"

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 04:22:20 AM »

The Shining (1980) had some great jump scares.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 05:13:08 AM »

Night of the lepus actually had someone in charge of continuity. In a scene where a Winnebago is attacked at night by the giant rabbits a woman holds them at bay with road flares. As they burn low in her hand she throws them away and light new ones. later there is a model scene featuring the Winnebago, the terrain and rabbits, and the lighting has two dim, guttering red lights where the woman had thrown the low burning flares away. Ok, a little continuity there, some movies don;t get that much right. The mini makers actually put some pride and effort in their work.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 07:02:45 AM »

The song played as the credits roll in Warlock: The Armageddon (Something Wicked This Way Comes by Nuclear Assault).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 07:42:04 AM »

The shock ending scene in Uncle Uwe Boll's Alone In the Dark: never saw that one coming.  Buggedout

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 08:03:20 AM »

I never actually considered Troll 2 as a bad movie. I mean, it's silly, but it has some great and hilarious scenes. I consider it more like a parody that's very self aware of it's cheesyness. Why it has the tag of "worst movie ever" will always be a mistery to me, perhaps it's just because of the "oh my Gooood!" kid, I don't know...

The same goes for The Room. It's a terrible movie but not worst than any other romantic drama. Hell, it's actually better than stuff like 50 Shadows of Grey.

Personally, I believe it all started with some influencer saying that those movies were the worst ever, and everybody repeated it ad nauseam. Like Citizen Kane.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 04:29:15 PM »

PIECES has some of the most gruesome gore of any horror movie I've ever seen. (I don't know if there was a VIPCO release but if so they probably cut it out).

I never actually considered Troll 2 as a bad movie. I mean, it's silly, but it has some great and hilarious scenes. I consider it more like a parody that's very self aware of it's cheesyness. Why it has the tag of "worst movie ever" will always be a mistery to me, perhaps it's just because of the "oh my Gooood!" kid, I don't know...

I agree, sort of... can't remember the character name but that one crazy evil woman, she is totally hamming it up deliberately. no question. but then again other characters and scenes seem to be unintentionally bad? it's a very uneven example of a bad movie.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 08:34:57 PM »

Couldn't stir up enough conversation about The Creep Behind The Camera a couple weeks ago, but there are times I found this story about a drug addict with a God complex relatable to having been raised by a drunken control freak.

It's this scene where Lois wakes up in the middle of the night to find Art passed out on the sofa with two other women. Then he wakes up & just gives her this glare. Of all the comedic to dramatic things they do to express just how evil AJ Nelson was, this one scene really does it for me.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Say one sincerely good thing about a really bad movie. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.