Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:21:44 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unused scenes in known movies. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Unused scenes in known movies.  (Read 5826 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 12:04:00 AM »

Lon Chaney wrestles a bear in the WOLF MAN (1941), but you won't see it, because it was cut from the film when it was released to TV in the 1950's.
So I guess it was used-but now gone...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 05:54:21 AM »

In X-Men First Class (2011), Erik (pre Magneto) storms a building, and magnetically causes a guard's watch to contract painfully around his wrist. This scene never made it to the movie.

Small | Large

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 07:29:48 AM »

In Leon The Professional, a lot of footage of Matilda trying to seduce Leon was cut out. Having seen those scenes I think they made the right decision. It makes for very uncomfortable viewing.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 07:40:32 AM »

In Ronin (1998), there was an unused scene where Natasha McElhone's character is kidnapped by the IRA - her employers - dragged away to a car and presumably killed: I'm glad that scene was never used for the ending as that would have put a damper on a great film.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Archivist

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 08:32:52 AM »

In Leon The Professional, a lot of footage of Matilda trying to seduce Leon was cut out. Having seen those scenes I think they made the right decision. It makes for very uncomfortable viewing.

Funny, I didn't see it as trying to seduce him, more like she was attempting to engage him emotionally in a way that was outside of her age-related ability to do. It might sound like semantics, but it's not. She's not trying to get him into bed by giving him come-hither eyes, she's playing with him and trying to get closer to the person she thinks is a saviour and role model, using the actions of a young girl who hasn't developed the maturity to know what she's doing.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 05:30:27 PM »

A gory scene not seen in ONE MILLION BC (1940)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 07:41:04 PM »

A gory scene not seen in ONE MILLION BC (1940)

Damn!  That's more graphic than a lot of modem injury scenes in movies!

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Archivist

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2019, 10:23:03 PM »

In Ronin (1998), there was an unused scene where Natasha McElhone's character is kidnapped by the IRA - her employers - dragged away to a car and presumably killed: I'm glad that scene was never used for the ending as that would have put a damper on a great film.

Yikes, I didn't know about that ending. It would not have been cool.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2019, 10:32:41 PM »

In "the thing" (1982) Bennings was going to be killed by the thing after the surviving dogs escaped and macready,  Bennings and childs realized at least one had least be a Thing and went after them on snowmobile with flamethrowers.

After finding a place where one dog was killed and eaten by the other two,  proving they we're Things, the three men were  attacked by the Things  and Bennings was attacked and partially assimilated before MacReady destroyed the thing and him with a flamethrower.

The scene was not done  due to time and budget restraints.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Archivist

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 10:38:58 PM »

Expanding on Leon The Professional, I think looking at the personality of the characters helps explain those deleted scenes. Leon, despite being a very proficient killer, is also bound by honour and is in some ways socially and emotionally naive. He doesn't display the worldliness of Gary Oldman's character; he has a kind of purity which makes him more like a child than adult. He talks about how he wants to give it all up, to enjoy simple things like sleeping in a bed rather than sitting in an armchair with a loaded gun beside him. His employers mostly exploit his ability to kill and don't give him emotional kudos, whereas he finds a strange and socially worrisome connection with a young girl. He becomes her ward and protector after the death of her family.

Matilda is different. She shows herself to have maturity, from her presence of mind in walking past her family's apartment and going to Leon's door, but is still at that grey area where teenage girls find themselves in an innocent puppy love, but don't know how to handle it. So they behave in silly ways to emotionally engage someone, attempting to mimic what their uninformed perspectives think will work. She's also in the position of being attached to someone who saved her from a traumatic situation.

There's a lot of nuance to the characters of Leon and Matilda, now that I think about it. The international and US cuts of the film removed the scenes of emotional connection, likely because it would offend someone. In today's political climate, it would be even worse.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2019, 01:18:34 AM »

It's on the DVD I have: I don't know what the BluRay has.

Those shots were meant to be used as cutaways in the final sequence where Jean Reno and Robert DeNiro are having coffee in the same cafe which we saw in the film and Sam says "She would not be coming back here, would she." Meanwhile, she's actually outside, goes to her car and gets kidnapped by the IRA.  Buggedout

pacman000
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2019, 11:50:49 PM »

Star Wars (1977) originally had scenes of Luke meeting his friends on Tatooine. Luke see the battle between the blockade runner & the star destroyer via his binoculars, & he describes it to his friends, who don't believe him. Then Biggs tells Luke he's going to join the rebellion. These scenes were in the novel, & they were filmed.

There was also a scene with Jaba the Hutt, restored for the special edition. Janna was played by a human, but by 1997 computers could erase & replace him.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2019, 06:07:08 AM »

It's on the DVD I have: I don't know what the BluRay has.

Those shots were meant to be used as cutaways in the final sequence where Jean Reno and Robert DeNiro are having coffee in the same cafe which we saw in the film and Sam says "She would not be coming back here, would she." Meanwhile, she's actually outside, goes to her car and gets kidnapped by the IRA.  Buggedout

I should just add that the IRA didn't succeed in their mission because Natasha McElhone was on my flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg a few years ago.  Smile

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2019, 12:57:55 PM »

In the SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY (1947) Danny Kaye dreams about the Frankenstein Monster- played by Karloff! It was never used.
Here's Karloff in the make-up for that film!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
PrettyTorius
New Visitor

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »

Denzel's 'Man on Fire' has a half hour of deleted scences that make the film very different, including a very different ending.

Great movie both ways.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unused scenes in known movies. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.