Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:41:46 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I ran over a cat yesterday « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I ran over a cat yesterday  (Read 1257 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 19, 2019, 07:17:01 AM »

Yesterday, my wife, mother, father, and I decided to take a drive and stop somewhere for lunch. I was driving on a somewhat busy residential street in my parents' town, when a cat ran out of some bushes and straight in front of my car. I tried to swerve to avoid the cat, but it was too late.

I looked in my mirror and saw the cat in the road. It was still alive, on its back, squirming to get up.

I stopped my car and called the police. They told me the animal control officer was not on duty, but they would send another officer.

I got out of the car and started walking back toward the cat, but the cat was gone and there were a couple of people looking in the bushes. Apparently, the cat had been able to crawl in there. The woman at the scene told me the cat belonged to her 87 year-old mother-in-law.

I looked into the bushes and saw the cat lying there, alive and alert. It was not making any sounds, but it was panting. After a few seconds, it dragged itself a few inches deeper into the bushes. Its hind legs weren't moving much.

The cop showed up and tried to reach the cat, but the cat immediately hissed and tried to bite him. A few seconds later, the woman who owned the cat came out of the house with her son (who seemed to be in his 60s). He had a blanket and was able to put the cat on it and slide the cat out from the bushes.

I told the woman that I was the one who hit her cat and I was sorry. She said not to blame myself. She said the cat was always running around. She also thanked me for stopping. Then she and her son got in their car with the cat to take it to the animal hospital.

The cop also thanked me for stopping and said most people just keep driving when they hit an animal. I've had dogs most of my life, so I couldn't just drive away.

Anyway, I'm not sure what happened after that. I assume the cat's hind legs were badly damaged, maybe broken. Also, it may have had a lower back injury. The vet probably had to euthanize it.

I still feel terrible even though it wasn't intentional. Just needed to get it off my chest.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:20:34 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 07:43:08 AM »

You did the right thing.  I wish the person who hit my Fortuna earlier this year had the decency to do what you did.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 09:11:34 PM »

you're a good guy, burgo...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I ran over a cat yesterday « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.