Main Menu

bad movies with misleading titles....

Started by zombie no.one, May 28, 2019, 08:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie no.one

MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY (1985)

if there's one thing you'd expect this movie to have, it would probably be dinosaurs... but no. there's no dinosaurs.
please do not mock my potato.

RCMerchant

FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR- There's a werewolf, there's vampires, but no Frankenstien monster or mad doctors in sight.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Trevor

Z by Costa-Gavras: no one slept in this movie  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Gabriel Knight

Troll 2. You go there expecting some trolls and yet you get goblins. Any self respecting adventurer would be offended by that.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

chainsaw midget

In Jessie James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter Jessie James actually met Frankenstein's grandaughter. 

Alex

Demon Cop: Has neither a demon, nor a cop. I guess Werewolf Probation Officer just didn't have the same ring to it.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

JayJayM12

Jason Takes Manhattan - most of the movie takes place on a ship, rather than Manhattan.  He doesn't so much 'take' Manhattan as he kinda stops by there at the end of the movie to snap a few tourist pics.

Chopping Mall - as much as I love this movie (and, I do), there really is no chopping involved.

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.

pacman000

The Beast With A Million Eyes

Technically accurate, since it was an ethereal monster which possessed people & animals, but ARC's theaters wanted a monster to appear on screen. So they hired an artist to create one: a puppet with two eyes.

zombie no.one

Quote from: JayJayM12 on May 28, 2019, 10:19:50 AM
Jason Takes Manhattan - most of the movie takes place on a ship, rather than Manhattan.  He doesn't so much 'take' Manhattan as he kinda stops by there at the end of the movie to snap a few tourist pics.

I guess THE FINAL CHAPTER and THE FINAL FRIDAY are fairly misleading as well, retrospectively, because neither was the final installment.

Rev. Powell

There are no lasers in LASER MISSION. I'm not even sure if there's a mission.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

pacman000

If I remember right Brandon Lee was in a mission to rescue Ernest Borgnine, who was kidnaped by a bad guy & coerced into building a laser. But it's been a long time.

pacman000

Alex

The Devil Wears Prada lacks any demonic entities, much to my disappointment.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

zombie no.one

iirc the Vipco release of Umberto Lenzi's cannibal flick EATEN ALIVE has all the scenes of cannabalism cut out. making the title completely redundant

Rev. Powell

Quote from: pacman000 on May 28, 2019, 08:00:28 PM
If I remember right Brandon Lee was in a mission to rescue Ernest Borgnine, who was kidnaped by a bad guy & coerced into building a laser. But it's been a long time.

Dude, you're ruining my joke!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...