Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:07:27 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Something Weird Video DVDs « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Something Weird Video DVDs  (Read 11448 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 07:40:06 AM »

I have a dvd of 'planet of the vampires ' from the late great midnite movies.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 10:57:05 AM »

I got a couple more of these from Amazon. The Bummer/Johnny Firecloud Double feature and the Sharpshooter Triple Feature.

I only watched Bummer and Firecloud so far. The latter is pretty decent. Probably the most legitimately good thing David F. Friedman ever produced.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »

I’m in the process of moving and while getting some moving supplies from Amazon and to cope with the move I decided to treat myself to four more DVDs that should be coming soon.

I got...

Dracula The Dirty Old Man / Guess What Happened to Count Dracula
The Ghastly Ones / Seeds of Sin
Satanis: The Devil’s Mass / Sinthia/ The Devil’s Doll
Six Weird Noir B-Movies

All except the last one are currently under $10 on Amazon. Excited to see what weird stuff these things contain. With Satanis I will absolutely own more Kash Flagg than anyone ever needs to.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 08:38:54 AM »

With October approaching I may dip into the Something Weird catalog again. Although I’ve watched a lot of the horror they’ve released on conventional DVDs. So much new to see unless I hunt for the super rare and hard to find ones or start picking up their DVD-Rs.

Although I still need to check out the Andy Milligan Double feature they have. I own it but just haven’t watched it yet.

Also, pardon the thread bump but I was curious if anyone knew how often Something Weird was still putting out new titles? It seems they’ve mostly released what they got. The exception is they still have new Blu-rays coming out. However those look more like AGFA releases that SWV just gave them the permission to use their materials for. I’m highly interested in those releases but too pricey at the moment for my liking.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 10:47:55 AM »

With October approaching I may dip into the Something Weird catalog again. Although I’ve watched a lot of the horror they’ve released on conventional DVDs. So much new to see unless I hunt for the super rare and hard to find ones or start picking up their DVD-Rs.

Although I still need to check out the Andy Milligan Double feature they have. I own it but just haven’t watched it yet.

Also, pardon the thread bump but I was curious if anyone knew how often Something Weird was still putting out new titles? It seems they’ve mostly released what they got. The exception is they still have new Blu-rays coming out. However those look more like AGFA releases that SWV just gave them the permission to use their materials for. I’m highly interested in those releases but too pricey at the moment for my liking.

SW's founder, Mike Vraney, died in 2014 and I doubt they will be putting out any more new DVDs.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »

SW's founder, Mike Vraney, died in 2014 and I doubt they will be putting out any more new DVDs.

Oh yes I knew all about that. But his wife is still running the company and the guy who directed Basket Case has always done a lot of work for them. For DVD (rather than DVD-r or the AGFA Blu-ray releases) I think you my be right. The newest DVD I can recall is that Weird-Noir release I posted about from 2012. It is very different from some other SWV DVDs. It is just six obscure film noirs spread across two discs. There aren’t any crazy extras like most other sets have and it doesn’t even include the SWV Classic DVD intro. Perhaps they were trying something new with the intention to make more then the DVD didn’t sell well, DVD sales in general went down, and Mike died so any future releases were abandoned.

dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 11:54:39 PM »

For those who don’t know Amazon is currently selling some of the old rare Something Weird Image DVDs as manufactured on demand DVD-Rs. Since the picture quality was not that great on some of these anyway, they may be worth a look :)

I recently got The Wild Wild World of Jayne Mansfield / The Labyrinth of Sex and Alice in Acid Land / Smoke and Flesh for under $8 for each disc. The only thing that stinks is Alice in Acid Land is apparently edited (though the original DVD was too).
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 08:45:20 AM »

I received an e-mail from SW a month or two ago and they said they would also stop producing DVD-Rs by the end of this year. I think thry will continue to sell digital downloads, though.

Oh yes I knew all about that. But his wife is still running the company and the guy who directed Basket Case has always done a lot of work for them. For DVD (rather than DVD-r or the AGFA Blu-ray releases) I think you my be right. The newest DVD I can recall is that Weird-Noir release I posted about from 2012. It is very different from some other SWV DVDs. It is just six obscure film noirs spread across two discs. There aren’t any crazy extras like most other sets have and it doesn’t even include the SWV Classic DVD intro. Perhaps they were trying something new with the intention to make more then the DVD didn’t sell well, DVD sales in general went down, and Mike died so any future releases were abandoned.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2020, 02:17:58 AM »

The Child (1977)  It should have been a good creepy movie..but it wasn't.

https://www.amazon.com/Child-Special-Laurel-Barnett/dp/B00005NG03
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »

Just saw that Kino has now teamed up with Something Weird to release double features on Blu-ray. Most obvious/popular titles, it looks like, though I'm surprised they'd slap their name on CHILD BRIDE.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 10:03:02 PM »

Just saw that Kino has now teamed up with Something Weird to release double features on Blu-ray. Most obvious/popular titles, it looks like, though I'm surprised they'd slap their name on CHILD BRIDE.

Awesome stuff!

Coincidentally I just had two Something Weird titles arrive in the mail today! I got Karate: The Hand of Death and The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald/The Other Side of Bonnie and Clyde. Both are a steal at under $10 on eBay! Amazon has them too but the ones selling on there usually end up being DVDRs where as these are regular DVDs.

Karate: The Hand of Death might not be a great movie but the bonus feature is 50 martial arts trailers!

I’ll probably wait a while before I dive into these. I just finished my 12 movie Andy Sidaris set and am surprised it didn’t melt my brain. I need some good stuff to cleanse my pallet.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »

I lucked out and won auctions for a total of SIX out of print Something Weird DVDs  Drink

Delivered today were...

Death Curse of Tartu / Sting of Death
The Thirsty Dead / Swamp of the Ravens
Indecent Desires / My Brother’s Wife

I got the others from a different seller so still have to wait for those to get delivered. But I’m probably more excited for those! Coming soon are:

The Mad Butcher
Axe
When Women Played Ding Dong / 50,000 B.C. (Before Clothing)

I’m always more a fan of the horror Something Weird stuff rather than the exploitation. So since I got a pretty good haul of horror stuff I hadn’t captured yet I’m quite excited  BounceGiggle
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2020, 07:35:44 PM »

^I've seen DEATH CURSE OF TARTU on TCM of all places.  It's wonderfully BAD. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2020, 07:38:50 PM »

^I've seen DEATH CURSE OF TARTU on TCM of all places.  It's wonderfully BAD. 

Haha reminds me of when American Movie Classics played Danger: Diabolik years ago. All I could think is, “It’s not American, it’s not a classic, and it’s barely a movie.”
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2020, 09:23:30 PM »

the death curse of tartu DVD has amazing an commentary track. they shot the movie in the Florida swamps which are now billion dollar properties. the director told the actors water moccasins would leave them alone because they were afraid of people which isn't true at all. Sting of Death print is really nice

Is Axe the southern horror one? really good movie
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Something Weird Video DVDs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.