Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:50:57 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The 1990s « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The 1990s  (Read 4528 times)
pacman000
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »

They still had computer labs 7 years ago. (Has it been that long?) I suppose they're still needed for testing, or to provide a uniform environment for certain classes.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 04:51:22 PM »

The 90's good years only because my kids were little. I had so much fun with them.
I enjoyed that more than anything in my whole life.
I liked speed metal back than. I saw White Zombie, the Melvins, Suicidal Tendencies, and lotsa other bands I enjoyed.
Otherwise it was a horror movie. Come to think of it, so was the rest of my life in the 60's threw the 80's! Nothing really good was happening, except I candy coated it with nostalgia.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 05:35:52 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pacman000
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2019, 05:39:04 PM »

I was a kid in the 90's, so most of my memories are if childhood things:

It's time for...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

I never got to walk down the street all by myself...

I still wanna be the very best...

But not all the shows we watched were new; I remember watching The Beverly Hillbillies, The Flinstones, old Looney Tunes, Gilligan's Island, and Andy Griffith. I remember one weekend our local WB affiliate has an I Love Lucy marathon which we tried to tape.

And let's not forget nighttime TV; I remember Early Edition, Walker: Texas Ranger, Home Improvement, & Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2019, 06:17:30 PM »

Weezer.  Loved these guys back then.  Still do.
Small | Large

Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 07:34:57 AM »

Weezer.  Loved these guys back then.  Still do.
http://youtu.be/kemivUKb4f4
http://youtu.be/ENXvZ9YRjbo

I'll always remember them singing Memories.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »

It is the 90s and there is time for..

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

WHAT IS LOVE- Haddaway

TITANIC

SURGE

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
claws
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 03:23:03 PM »

Lara Flynn Boyle, Sherilyn Fenn and Mädchen Amick (1990)
claws
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 03:49:01 AM »

Urban Street / Hip-Hop Fashion

Created in 1988 but still popular in the early 1990s. I had friends wearing Zubaz pants  BounceGiggle I never did.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 09:23:46 AM »

The 90s were a weird decade for me all around. I graduated from college in '92 with a mostly useless degree and a head full of dreams, which reality promptly trampled on with heavy boots..

So I spent a couple of years working a sh***ty retal job for a large chain store that shall remain nameless (hint: it starts with a "K" and ends with a "Mart"), drinking a lot of malt liquor, and feeling sorry for myself. I also blamed everyone but myself for my failure to launch, so to speak. Fortunately I got over that Gen-X pity party crap and started getting my sh** together towards the middle of the decade.  

On the pop culture side, the '90s for me were all about my music of choice (heavy metal) going back underground again during the rise of Grunge rock.

The timing of that was actually pretty good for me, because I happened to be in the midst of upgrading my collection of old tapes to those shiny new fangled silver "CD" things (I got my first CD player in 1991) ...and since folks were dumping all of their Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, etc. discs in favor of Kurt, Layne, etc. I was able to replace a lot of stuff on the cheap at used CD stores.

On TV it was all about the rise of the Fox Network for me, thanks to the Simpsons and "The X-Files." I never missed an episode of either one.

I also met the woman who would become my wife during the 90s, so I guess even though it didn't start out so hot, the '90s turned out to be a pretty good decade by the end. :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 09:34:42 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 03:13:13 PM »

Work: I had four different jobs in the 1990s, before I ended up working for a large food discount store in 1996 for 12 years.

Music: My taste in music was shifting. Growing up with old school funk, rap and soul I didn't like where R&B was heading in the 1990s, and "classic rock" was pretty much dead. I was never a fan of metal and punk but I did jump on the grunge bandwagon and was very fond of modern rock.

Movies: I was still collecting VHS tapes, bought my first laserdisc player in 1994, ended up with about 120 movies on laserdisc. Bought my first DVD player in 1998. I still went to the movie theater on a regular basis, especially with the rise of modern multiplex theaters in the late 1990s. It seems like it was more fun going to the movies back then. Nowadays the theaters are filled with obnoxious and rude people playing with mobile phones.

TV: watched mostly MTV, Beavis & Butt-Head and a local music video channel called ViVa. I did watch a couple of seasons of The Simpsons but lost interest after a few years. Other than that I was more dedicated maintaining my movie collection than watching the latest series on TV. I've never seen X-Files  TeddyR

I miss plenty of little things we (family) did in the 1990s. Like our haunted car rides on Halloween, they were so much fun and still remembered these days whenever we get nostalgic. I also miss our Playstation Game Nights but not the sore thumbs we had  BounceGiggle
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2019, 08:58:08 PM »

Oasis.
Small | Large

Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The 1990s « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.