Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:19:01 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)  (Read 2506 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: June 02, 2019, 10:58:40 AM »

WHY ARE YOU READING THIS THREAD ?!?  YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING THIS MOVIE!!!!  WHY AM I WRITING THIS THREAD?!?! I SHOULD BE GOING TO  TO SEE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

In all seriousness though,  this was a great movie. It may even be one of my favorite Godzilla films now. I loved it much more then avengers: Endgame.  Its everything I want in a big budget kaiju film.  Any complaints feel like they'd just be nitpicks.

Make sure to keep your eyes open.  There's a lot of Easter Eggs for long time fans. 

The score is amazing with some great new renditions of classics Godzilla themes and the cover of Blue Oyster Cults' Godzilla is awesome. 

This was a film by Godzilla fans for Godzilla fans.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 12:16:09 PM »

We're going tonight!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »

I went to see it thrusday.

The bot behind the counter told me the next showing was at 5:30 at i;d been told it was at 4.  I told it that.

It insulted my intelligence by saying maybe it was for another theater. As if i wouldn't check and confirm .

Then it went into autoexcuse mode. 'ourwebsitedoesn;tworksrightitgetstimeswrongblkahblahblahblahblah"

A just snarled yah yah yah yah yah!" and stimped out.

I plan on seeing it monday unless the damn world pulls another stunt to stop me.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 10:49:06 PM »

So because an employee tried to apologize for a mistake THAT WASN'T EVEN HIS, your response is to deny him the basic decency of referring to him as a human being?
Every time I start to think you might have some redeeming qualities, you show yourself for the truly hateful creature that you really are.

Anyway, I went to see the movie tonight and LOVED it!  Best monster movie by far since CLOVERFIELD.
Some of the visuals were truly breathtaking.  I concur with the OP:  GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 11:13:53 AM »

I find it interesting that every critic's review I've seen of this movie has been overwhelmingly negative while the fans themselves have been raving over it.

Reinforces my belief that critics are a bit of a waste of time.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 02:44:32 PM »

I kinda liked the big mystery stealtn monster plane monarch Had.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 08:46:49 PM »

It is killing me that this movie is not doing better.  K I L L I N G  ME!!!  It just does so much right, that the fact its under performing is kind of sad.  Now they've delayed the release of Godzilla vs Kong which doesn't seem to bode well for the Monsterverse as a franchise.

The the director Micheal Dougherty said he has ideas for sequels.  Namely a "Harryhausen-style" adventure movie that would revolve around prehistoric man  and how they lived along side the titans.  You have no idea how much I would have loved to see that.  Technically there's hope it might still happen, buy I'm not going to hold my breath.  If the Monsterverse does end with Godzilla vs Kong-I guess I'll be happy.  So far its the one cinematic universe that I can honestly say got better with each film.

Sigh...let's go back to talking about how awesome this movie is.

I loved this version of Ghidorah.  He is evil with a capital E.  Whe he( or is it a they) and Godzilla look at each other. you get the sense that these kaiju HATE each other.  These aren't just animals fighting for dominance- they want to kill each other as only bitter enemies could.  Giving each head a distinct personality helped as well.

Mothra looked a lot better in film then I thought she would.  Much better then the toy images that where shown earlier.  And there's a neat little nod to her twin fairy princesses in the movie as well.

I loved how physical the fights between the kaiju were.  I know many people would have perfered more suits and practical effects-but some of the moments in this movie needed to be animated via CGI to be pulled off.  And I thought the CGI was good for this movie

I am going to see this movie again.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.