Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:36:44 PM
714228 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Godzilla KOTM SPOILERY! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Godzilla KOTM SPOILERY!  (Read 1402 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 04, 2019, 03:33:06 AM »

Did you see the word SPOILERY above? Then no whining about spoilers.

Ok this was good in some ways, the fx were top notch and better than my favorite godzilla movie, shin Godzilla.

It paid tribute to various monster movies, like referring to ghidorah as monster zero. It had a line taken from "the thing" that was much better when palmer said it in reaction to the head walking past him. Our old buddy the oxygen destroyer was acknowledged too, but still no clear explanation on WTF it does.

When did rodan become such a groveling weasel?

There is a post credit scene.

Now onto points i didn't see critics talking about.

1. I didn't like the way the only humans trying to save earth from being ruined by humans (and it IS)  were the bad guys, eco terrorists. They even acknowledged humans were destroying the eco system but still made the people trying to stop it out as the baddies.

2. The way the titans (kaiju) were fixing earth in the end, like all they had to do was walk thru an area humans had xxxxed up and magic kaiju radiation caused the ecology to heal, forests to growm endangered species to bounce back, pollution to disappear, etc.

BullXXXX!

That was a terrible message. Like "Don,t worry, folks, you don;t have to change your destructive habits or infringe on big businesses right to make cheap stuff to sell you no matter hw much it hurts the world, the magic kaiju will come and save the day with magic kaiju radiation!" I'd have liked it better with the idea that the kaiju were forcing humanity to clean up it's act by destroying polluting industries after beating the alien menace of ghidorah.

Yeah, overthinking it a bit. I still didn't like the message humanity won;t have to change how it does things to save the world....

I'm not sorry i saw it, not a bid movie even with the convenient kaiju whistle gadget.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 07:12:16 PM »

Some interesting reactions to this film. A film that seems to leave alot of people who see it underwhelmed. Still, it was popular enough with audiences to be the #1 film at the box office last weekend. We'll have to see whether it has legs and remains #1 at the box office this upcoming weekend, when Dark Phoenix opens. There is another film that seems to be leaving people who see it underwhelmed. As for Dark Phoenix, I did see the trailer for it, and going by that, not too impressed by the film.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Godzilla KOTM SPOILERY! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.