Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:17:18 PM
714215 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Please be better than Slaughterhouse Rulez. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please be better than Slaughterhouse Rulez.  (Read 4034 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 09, 2019, 03:51:28 PM »

It's Official: Simon Pegg And Nick Frost Have A New Serial Killer Horror Movie On The Way

The famed comedy duo are back to entertain their fans with their unique brand of movie making, this time taking on a serial killer plot set in a remote Swedish Island.
By Jisha Joseph
June 9, 2019

The dream team of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are back at it. According to a report by Deadline, the duo is working on a new horror movie which involves a serial killer on the loose. The film titled Svalta, is sure to give fans yet another taste of Pegg and Frost's unique movie-making style which we enjoyed in hits like Shaun of the Dead. Orion Pictures bagged the horror pitch from Pegg, Frost, and Miles Ketley’s Stolen Picture banner, and is yet to announce a release date for the film.

Yesssss our boys! https://t.co/BggJzbpj7n
    — Sirens Of Scream (@SirensofScream) June 8, 2019

Svalta reportedly follows a family spending their summer vacation on a remote Swedish island, where there just so happens to be a serial killer on the loose. To their utter dismay, the locals appear to have no interest in helping the stranded family of tourists.

The project is named after the fictional island on which the horror breaks loose. The screenplay for the movie will be written by Frost along with Stolen Picture creative directors James Serafinowicz and Nat Saunders. With Dan Kagan overseeing the project for the studio, Pegg, Frost, and Ketley will produce for Orion.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost heading back into horrorhttps://t.co/Wj2rFjSrnn#SimonPegg #NickFrost #Svalta pic.twitter.com/HlQoj6GKml
    — STACK (@STACKmag) June 7, 2019

Speaking of Svalta, Orion Pictures President John Hegeman said that the project already promises similar sensibilities as Pegg and Frost's Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy.

"We are unbelievably excited to be partnering with Simon, Nick, and Miles on 'Svalta'. The story is scary, awesome and crazy, and their unique voice is perfect for this movie. We can’t wait to bring this to the big screen with them," said Hegeman. Meanwhile, Ketley added that the partnership with Orion on this project is the perfect means to bring Frost's vision to life.

Simon Pegg & Nick Frost Reunite for Orion's Summer Vacation Slasher Svalta https://t.co/ZoS2KQqxaK pic.twitter.com/rzU18DLJvB
    — WavemStudios (@WavemStudios) June 6, 2019

"Orion is the perfect home for the horrifying vision that Nick has conjured up from his maverick brain. We always said that everything we do has to come from left field and find something unexpected at its center and with this partnership with John and Dan and their amazing team — 'Svalta' is the perfect project to do that," said Ketley, who is a former Fox Searchlight executive.

This year is extra special for Pegg and Frost as it marks the 20th anniversary of their partnership, which began way back in 1999 when they met on the set of the UK sitcom 'Spaced'.

Orion Picks Up ‘Svalta’, a New Horror Movie from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost! https://t.co/FjnNSfeFR6 #OBTD #Disgusting pic.twitter.com/ttipynL7uU
    — ajsobtd (@ajsobtd1) June 6, 2019

They went on to launch Stolen Picture in May 2017 and just four months later brought Ketley on board as their CEO by poaching him from the indie production company Bad Wolf. At the moment, the British company's upcoming production slate includes Ben Aaronovitch's adaptation of Rivers of London and Truth Seekers, which is a comedy horror series with paranormal conspiracy at its center.

Pegg and Frost's most notable work to date is definitely the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, also known as the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy, made up of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End.

If you watch no other trilogy in the world, Watch The Three Flavors of Cornetto Trilogy, Aka The Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy and Happy Hot Fuzz Day @malkiersking @TheDailyTrolloc @EHR_Podcast https://t.co/DBnjDCyaI6
    — Elice A. Smith (aka Verin Mathwin) (@EliceASmith) February 23, 2019

Director Edgar Wright, who worked with tandem on the trilogy, previously explained how the films got their name. "At the [Shaun of the Dead] after party they gave out free Strawberry Cornettos (as featured in the movie) so me and Simon contrived to mention Cornettos in the next one as a way of getting more free ice cream next time around... (we didn't)," he reportedly said.

Digging Into Edgar Wright’s Incredible ‘Blood and Ice Cream’ Trilogy https://t.co/VC6FGFirCs pic.twitter.com/iGPv2oKwwQ
    — CinemaRunner (@CinemaRunner) June 29, 2017
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:20:04 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 01:28:32 PM »

i quite liked shaun of the dead, i'll have to find the other 2, i had no idea it was a trilogy.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 01:42:38 PM »

They have also done (off the top of my head)

Hot Fuzz.
The Worlds End.
Paul.
Slaughterhouse Rulez.

You might also be interested in a TV show they did together pre Shaun, called 'Spaced'.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 04:30:11 PM »

cool, i'll look for them. thanks!  Cheers
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »

HOT FUZZ and THE WORLD'S END are the two other movies in the "trilogy." FUZZ is hilarious, but the first half is all set-up. I remember enjoying THE WORLD'S END while I was watching it but I can barely remember any of the details today.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 04:15:23 AM »

Orion Pictures still exists? Thought they went bust in the 1990s?  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 02:34:48 PM »

Orion Pictures still exists? Thought they went bust in the 1990s?  Question

A very short history of Orion Pictures, which still exists. Though, not in the form it once did.

1991 Bankruptcy
1992 Reemerges from bankruptcy.
1997 Sold to M-G-M.
2017 Revitalized as a stand-alone entertainment company.

1991 was actually a banner year in 2 ways. Orion Pictures went into bankruptcy, and that was the last year that Trevor changed his underwear.
316zombie
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 02:40:38 PM »

found them all on dvd from netflix, yay!
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 05:00:16 AM »

Slaughterhouse Rulez wasn't a horrible movie, but it took way to long to get to the good stuff. 
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 01:49:23 AM »

1991 was actually a banner year in 2 ways. Orion Pictures went into bankruptcy, and that was the last year that Trevor changed his underwear.

BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Please be better than Slaughterhouse Rulez. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.