Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:02:52 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Strange books you've read... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Strange books you've read...  (Read 11454 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2019, 01:40:24 PM »

I do think I learned a lot from reading his 'book' (I have my doubts that he wrote it all himself).

Mostly what not to do, but learning still took place.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2019, 04:40:30 PM »

i'm sorry but i refuse to call that a religion i just don't have that in me it's a cult, you know what's funny if you and me and everyone of us on this site decides to do a religion we'd be thrown in jail cause it would be a cult and yet his cult is really only allowed because the goverment i think got tired of suing them to pay their taxes so they i think gave up trying and let them be a so called religion. that's my take on it anyways, also if you try to leave any religion they will ask you why you want to leave and they no doubt will accept your decision. but if you try and leave that cult

unless you are famous you pretty much have to plan to escape cause they put guards on you if you say you want to leave to prevent you from leaving. a real religion doesn't do that crap, how messed up is that? sorry when i hear anyone call that a religion it just bugs me that's all, i don't even as far as i'm aware don't know anyone who's even in it or was but still.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2019, 04:48:23 PM »

How do you define the difference between a cult and a religion Pennywise?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2019, 06:55:38 PM »

a very good question. PW37, that's exactly why i put the word religion in quotation. in some ways yes, it fits MY definition of cult, but so does the catholic church, and my own"religion" , wicca. in my case i use wicca as a definition people will understand immeduiately, but i don't practice the new agey stuff at all. i'm old school.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2019, 07:28:45 PM »

honestly i don't even remember anything i watched the fact that  you remembered that at all shocks me because the film is that forgettable

Well, so many peolle in movies die with badass one liner that seeings more realistic act of self sacrifice was kinda memorable.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
pennywise37

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2019, 08:25:17 PM »

for me i don' t consider wicca a cult and i never have, i dunno if i consider that a religion cause i've never thought about it to be honest, a friend of mine gave me a book about wicca some years back for i think my birthday.  and i still have it in fact, now for me i do believe in god but i don't go to church i prefer to believe in my own  way. now if you take Catholic since that's what i am i don't follow the rules as i call them because i've never liked being told what to do unless it's a boss and no i'm not married but you will find me much better if you ask me to do this rather than tell me.

but take Catholic or even most of the other ones they let you leave and you are free to leave, the only ones that really are harder to leave is the old fashion ones that you are raised in from generation to generation. like the old type of famlies who   set up a wife or a husband for you, i disagree with that they do that but that's their faith and in some countries they still do that and sometimes it even works out for the best but not always.  i disagree with the faith where they wont let you get divorced if you are in a really  truly awful marriage for example.

but most of them like i said you can say to them father to use as an example though i've never said this, you can say father i'm thinking of leaving the church and he'd ask why you tell him and sometimes he helps you get your faith back and sometimes they just wish you well if you've lost your faith.

the catholic's at lest don't get goons to watch your every move and lock your ass up if you want to leave the church. they also don't forbid you to see or talk to any of your family's at all, sure some parents can disown you and so forth but i'd say a small percentage does that these days. at least in america as far as i know. the cult does all this and they also have you seen/heard what the cult does to people who try to leave? 

the idiot who runs it David Mis. i forget how his name is spelled, his father left a few years ago and he had to sneak out with his wife one day when they thought he was going to work at a jazz club i think? he's banned from seeing his grandkids or his family members that are still in there. his own son won't even talk to him.

that to me is a cult. sure one say all religion is a cult to some degree but most of them let you change your belief's like if you be a muslim if you want to i forget the term though.  kinda like Cat Stevens is a muslim now and he didn't used to be, or if you want more info on it check out you tube there's a guy on it that tells his dealings with it and he left i forget his name off hand i'd have to look at my you tube page. but there's plenty of videos about it.

to me a religion is what you believe in and  with all your heart and soul, but if you have something happen to you for example and you lose your faith you can than leave your religion and i forget the term but not believe in god anymore if that's what you prefer,

with the cult they don't even want you to use the internet or watch tv, or even leave the place at all if they can help it. but if you are famous than you have more freedom i think. check out Leah Remin's stories cause she can explain it far better than i can.  sorry for the rambling on about this but you asked
pennywise37

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 06:15:33 PM »

1stly i noticed some error's when i was just re-reading my post and the word i was looking for was Converting as it just hit me now actually. Strange books one that did just come to me is well King has some strange ones too 'From a Buick 8' is one i mean when you have a car that has to do with another Dimension of sorts. it's a weird one another weird one is Dreamcatcher both books i really loved when i read them.

and than there's Desperation that's a really goofy one as is that truly awful one "The Regulators' WOW is that one awful  i'm sure there are more of course but that's just a few of his that are just plain weird
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Strange books you've read... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.