Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:50:47 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The new Tarintino movie. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The new Tarintino movie.  (Read 6323 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 02:20:54 PM »

sounds like a lot of fun, get this man a friend of mind at work today was and i'm from ohio he was saying his brother is starting an ice cream stand and i wish i could remember where this place was, cause i'd go there day one man, where the ice cream and i doubt it's all of it has booze in it! genius eh? i've never heard of it before either
Archivist

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »

until the Manson family arrives. If Tarantino lives up to his usual violence and gore, this movie is gonna get real interesting.

That's why I wanna watch it. I have an obsession with the Manson Family.
Plus it's got Bruce Lee!

If Brad Pitt's character beats up Bruce Lee, I'm gonna facepalm so hard.

I called it. You heard it here first. I knew this was going to happen.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-arts/kung-fu/article/3020348/why-quentin-tarantinos-use-bruce-lee-once-upon-time

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 08:39:49 AM »

until the Manson family arrives. If Tarantino lives up to his usual violence and gore, this movie is gonna get real interesting.

Plus it's got Bruce Lee!

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-arts/kung-fu/article/3020348/why-quentin-tarantinos-use-bruce-lee-once-upon-time

Yeah, it's unbelievable. He doesn't exactly kick Bruce's ass, but it's still not believable. I've heard people say it's not to be taken literally because Pitt's character is recalling the story in flashback, and also there's a "meta" thing going on, but I think it's overall a misstep. It's a movie that has a lot of great scenes, and a couple of clunkers, and too many scenes overall.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »

It's ok, everybody will rage like crazy, but they will keep throwing their money at Tarantino anyways.  Cheers

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Archivist

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 09:07:28 PM »

It's ok, everybody will rage like crazy, but they will keep throwing their money at Tarantino anyways.  Cheers

I must be one of the few people who dislikes Tarantino movies, despite being in the demographic of people who theoretically should. The only one I really liked was Kill Bill Vol 1; everything else, I found overblown, overhyped, with dragging direction and just... I don't know, his movies leave a weird taste in my mouth. Pulp Fiction was annoying. Natural Born Killers similarly annoying. Inglorious Bastards, Django Unchained, nothing really grabs me. And I think I only liked Kill Bill because of the constant references and homages to Shaw Brothers movies. I did like From Dusk Til Dawn, but he only wrote it, and didn't direct.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2019, 09:11:40 PM »

It's ok, everybody will rage like crazy, but they will keep throwing their money at Tarantino anyways.  Cheers

I must be one of the few people who dislikes Tarantino movies, despite being in the demographic of people who theoretically should. The only one I really liked was Kill Bill Vol 1; everything else, I found overblown, overhyped, with dragging direction and just... I don't know, his movies leave a weird taste in my mouth. Pulp Fiction was annoying. Natural Born Killers similarly annoying. Inglorious Bastards, Django Unchained, nothing really grabs me. And I think I only liked Kill Bill because of the constant references and homages to Shaw Brothers movies. I did like From Dusk Til Dawn, but he only wrote it, and didn't direct.

He didn't do NATURAL BORN KILLERS- Oliver Stone did.
I like most of his movies. I didn't like the HATEFUL EIGHT.
I LOVE JACKIE BROWN!
As far as Bruce Lee getting his ass kicked. Yeah- that ain't realistic. But none of his movies are!
INGLORIOUS BASTERDS- They kill Hitler and his whole entourage in one night!
KILL BILL movies. There are no people on planet earth who are a secret ninja hit squad.
I could go on and on- I ain't expecting historical accuracy. I expect good actors doing insane things. With cool dialouge.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:28:51 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 08:14:40 PM »

no he didn't write natural born killers that's another one he wrote he also wrote True Romance as well another damn good movies, for me Reservoir Dogs i really love but i never liked the ending at all. my favorite scene is the opening with them all together at the table. Pulp Fiction is my favorite of his i went and saw that 4 times when that came out something i don't normally do.

Jackie Brown i enjoy that one too i have seen it a couple times and i went and saw it when it came out as well, i haven't seen Inglorious bastards yet or Django unchained either, Kill bill my copy of it is the full film together is a good one but it's not my favorite of his either i think i've only seen the entire film 2 or 3 times and that's about it.  i liked Hateful Eight until about the last Half Hr when Channing Tatum is revealed to be downstairs and he comes back up, i can't stand him but that's not why i didn't like the end, for me the last half hr of that falls apart cause until than the film started off strong until than and than it just fell apart.

from Dusk till dawn yeah he wrote it and co-starred in it i never liked that he dies in it though,  From Dusk till dawn damn i love that movie the making of it honestly is really boring sadly, i love watching stuff like that but that one is really boring.  one that he didn't write and that is a really awful film is (1995)'s Destiny  Turns on the Radio WOW is that one bad, than you have (1995)'s Desperado and i know he didn't make that one or write it but he was in it.

also (1995)'s Four Rooms i really really love that movie i haven't seen the entire thing in years but i went and saw that one too when it 1st came out and with my brother too which i haven't seen a movie with him in 4 years.  i can't remember if i posted any of this before my apologies if i have
pennywise37

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 08:17:36 PM »

before i forgot you don't have to be a QT fan that's fine if you aren't i love the guy but i don't worship his stuff nor do i think everything he's done is good either.

anyways, i'm a huge Kevin Smith fan i just love the guy and he seems to be one of the most honest in hollywood or one of the most honest anyways,

and pretty down to earth if you listen to his podcast but i had NO idea until the other night that his daughter is in QT's new film at all. i forget who she played but i wonder how good or bad she is in the thing? for those who have seen it how was she? she's blond look her up on IMDB if you dunno what she looks like.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2019, 07:34:42 AM »

Tarantino wrote the original sceenplay for NATURAL BORN KILLERS, which Oliver Stone bought and changed so much that Tarantino disowned the script.

Kevin Smith's daughter just played one of the Manson family. She didn't stand out, but there were no bad performances in the film.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 07:35:39 PM »

well at least she wasn't awful ya know?
chainsaw midget

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 09:00:43 AM »

Plus it's got Bruce Lee!

The reaction from Bruce Lee's student and training partner:
 "Bruce Lee would have never said anything derogatory about Muhammad Ali because he worshiped the ground Muhammad Ali walked on. In fact, he was into boxing more so than martial arts.  He was never, in my opinion, cocky. Maybe he was cocky in as far as martial arts because he was very sure of himself. He was worlds ahead of everyone else. But on a set, he’s not gonna show off."

And from Bruce Lee's daughter....
"I understand they want to make the Brad Pitt character this super bad-ass who could beat up Bruce Lee, but they didn’t need to treat him in the way that white Hollywood did when he was alive."

"It was really uncomfortable to sit in the theater and listen to people laugh at my father.  He’s the one with all the puffery and he’s the one challenging Brad Pitt. Which is not how he was."

There's also a comment from her that Lee was often challenged to fights on set and went out of his way to avoid them, but I don't have an exact quote on that.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The new Tarintino movie. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.