Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:49:59 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hyped movies you're not looking forward to... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hyped movies you're not looking forward to...  (Read 1909 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 22, 2019, 05:16:34 AM »

Ok, they're hyping godzilla vs kong and,  frankly, despite seeing and liking KOTM i'm not looking forward to it.

The original was a goofy monster movie made just because those cheap kaiju movies were  popular in america.  The modern kong and Godzilla movies just don't have any way the two could fight convincingly. A real fight between them would just have to be so contrived as to be inane.

Not planning to see this one.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 01:42:41 PM »

never been that excited by 'big monster' movies tbh...

of new films I'd say TOY STORY 4. I'm sure it's probably as good as everyone says, but I have difficulty watching full length movies that are 100% CGI. I don't like CGI FX anyway, but an entire movie of it is a mind melter

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »

'Our Breasts Are Our Weapons: The History of the Femen Movement.' Way too much hype already  Bluesad
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »

I will be watching that one, purely for research purposes.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:01:32 AM »

Since 2003;  all of them.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 07:14:48 AM »

I've found that the more hype a film gets, the less interested I am to see it, and if & when I do, the result is usually diisappointing.

A recent example would be the latest "Halloween" flick. Endless hype on TV and social media for weeks on end prior to its release, "it's the best one since the original" and blah blah blah... and when I saw it, I thought it was "meh"...

I had to laugh the other day when I was watching some stuff on YouTube, and a "recommended" video came up called "These are the blockbuster movies we're excited to see in 2020!" ( or words to that effect) and the thumbnail pic was from the 20-years-too-late third "Bad Boys" film with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. I'm like "Seriously? Nobody is excited to see that." :)

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 08:05:34 AM »

I've found that the more hype a film gets, the less interested I am to see it, and if & when I do, the result is usually diisappointing.

A recent example would be the latest "Halloween" flick. Endless hype on TV and social media for weeks on end prior to its release, "it's the best one since the original" and blah blah blah... and when I saw it, I thought it was "meh"...

I felt the same about The Cabin in the Woods. I didn't dislike it, but I think it is one of the most overhyped horror movies of this decade. Social media went ballistic, acting like it is the new Citizen Kane of horror movies. I thought it was solid but hardly original. If anything, I got a strong Waxwork (1988) vibe from it.

On the other hand I thought the hype for Triangle (2009) was justified.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 09:53:49 AM »

Not to be insulting or anything, but I think hype comes from blatant ignorance. People hyped for something is usually extremely unaware of other works related to that specific genre or work of art, and have the concept of originality from that new, shiny movie that's coming up, which of course has been done to death before. Since the media is shoving it down our throaths every minute then it must be the most awesome thing ever made... right?  Lookingup

Being hyped for an upcoming remake is simply ridiculous to me. Like, they're doing the same movie again! Why on Earth would anyone be even remotely excited for that, if not because they've never seen or like the original?  Question

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hyped movies you're not looking forward to... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.