Started by indianasmith, June 23, 2019, 06:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

316zombie

so weird..i can't see it being a phone vs. laptop vs. desktop...

Rev. Powell

Quote from: chefzombie on June 28, 2019, 12:56:02 PM
i tried all 3 of those and got the error. i'm on windows10, is that the issue?

No, I'm on Windows 10, but good question. It would help to find the common factor between those experiencing the problem and those not experiencing it.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

316zombie

i agree, that might help us fix it for all of us.

bob

I downloaded Google Chrome for another reason, but decided to see if the search function would work for me in it

it did not  :question: :question: :question: :question:
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Rev. Powell

OK, I got it to not work.  :wink:

If I use the green and yellow "search" button from the menu above I see the error you guys are having.

I didn't notice it because I always use the box labeled "Google Custom Search" at the top of the screen, to the right of the badmovies.org logo, to search. That works fine.

Try using that. The internal search function is probably 10 years old and needs updating/replacing.

Allhallowsday

I haven't used anything but Firefox for browsing in years; I have not been able to use SEARCH since the site went down.  Before the site was restored I had done the cache clear-out thingy and had to re-enter passwords at all of my usual haunts, even here.  Didn't help. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Rev. Powell

Did you try my suggestion immediately above, to use the Google search box at the top of the page instead of the search button?

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Rev. Powell on July 05, 2019, 06:02:31 PM
Did you try my suggestion immediately above, to use the Google search box at the top of the page instead of the search button?
Yes.  The SEARCH feature of Badmovies.org is far superior.  I found a way, but hardly ideal.  Thanks for pointing it out, it might prove useful. 

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,148356.0.html
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

claws

Not working for my anymore either.

bob

it works for me, but it doesn't

using the Google search does allow me to search for items within the forum, however the results are terrible and aren't related to what I'm looking for
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Trevor

Quote from: bob on July 06, 2019, 04:22:47 PM

it works for me, but it doesn't

using the Google search does allow me to search for items within the forum, however the results are terrible and aren't related to what I'm looking for

That's almost the same for me.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

316zombie

Trevor

I searched for "washing powder for undies" and the site went down  :buggedout: :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

bob

What type of computer does everyone have who the search function isn't working for?

A have a brand new HP Envy x360.