Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:42:45 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  PSYCHEDELIC MUSIC! Any era (especially '60s!), songs/albums/memories/etc. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: PSYCHEDELIC MUSIC! Any era (especially '60s!), songs/albums/memories/etc.  (Read 13919 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 01:57:27 AM »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 07:54:52 PM »

BYRDS "Eight Miles High"

Small | Large

I don't think "Little Green Bag" is Psychedelic (it's just annoying)... but then again, what is?  Psychedelic I mean.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:37:04 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 05:05:48 PM »

Jimi!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Archivist

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 09:59:51 PM »

Generic psychedelic music in this classic but little known episode of Get Smart. Man, I loved this episode as a kid. Growing up in the 70s and 80s meant having the media pop culture of the 60s and 70s wash over you. Even today, I have a fascination with the tune in and drop out culture that arose back then.

Get Smart - S03E15 - The Groovy Guru - video dailymotion

My favourite Pink Panther cartoon episode, complete with groovy soundtrack. All the Pink Panther episodes of the 60s have this vibe, but this is the most overtly hippie/beatnik/counterculture episode. And boy, is it cool.

Vampyros Lesbos sountrack. Hell yeah.

For music that was probably improvised while under the influence of psychedelics, here's a great 1972 short documentary about a guy named Tom, who really got into counterculture and purportedly even ran with big LSD distributors.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:09:45 PM by Archivist » Logged

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 11:24:38 PM »

Every time THELONIOUS MONK appeared, he must've played "Epistrophy" ... always differently.  

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:27:42 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 07:39:55 AM »

Generic psychedelic music in this classic but little known episode of Get Smart. Man, I loved this episode as a kid. Growing up in the 70s and 80s meant having the media pop culture of the 60s and 70s wash over you. Even today, I have a fascination with the tune in and drop out culture that arose back then.

Get Smart - S03E15 - The Groovy Guru - video dailymotion

My favourite Pink Panther cartoon episode, complete with groovy soundtrack. All the Pink Panther episodes of the 60s have this vibe, but this is the most overtly hippie/beatnik/counterculture episode. And boy, is it cool.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Can't watch the first one.

The "Pink Panther" cartoon is cool and I'm a little surprised they let something that "druggy" on the air. The laugh track is an abomination.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 07:41:38 AM »

Every time THELONIOUS MONK appeared, he must've played "Epistrophy" ... always differently.  

http://youtu.be/yHpB4lkgeN0  

http://youtu.be/Qe3gF6eaBuA  

http://youtu.be/hLopWusx-ZU  

http://youtu.be/K_h1geOaLvY 

Sadly, the psychedelic crowd never got into Monk... he was more for the Beatniks. One of the reasons I prefer Beatniks to Hippies.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 12:29:33 PM »

the CRAMPS doing the COUNT FIVE-!
"Psychotic Reaction"!
Christmas on a cross!  Buggedout

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Archivist

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2019, 10:13:40 PM »

Legend has it that Revolver was written by the Beatles during their most excellent LSD period.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beatles-acid-test-how-lsd-opened-the-door-to-revolver-251417/

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2019, 10:52:12 PM »

I've done LSD.
f**k- I usta sell it! I don't think LSD and 'psychedelic' music really have any kinda real connection at all. Not in my brain. Folks connect the music with the drug-but it's so much more than that-LSD is a drug. Gets you all f**ked up ! Depending on your mindset when you take it-like anything- do  acid--but don't let it do you. Psych music is-music!
Acid is just a trip. It ain't real! You gotta go with the flow until it wears off. And then you wanna go to a diner and eat lots pancakes.  Wink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2019, 10:57:01 PM »

Also about LSD- It is NOT addictive. In fact, doing it once usually scares the f**k out of people- so yeah- you ain't gonna get hooked. It scared me about twice. I only did it about 7 or 8 times. I only freaked out once.
The trick is to know that you are high- do the drug, don't let it do you.
And thats my awful advice for the day!  Drink
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:00:34 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2019, 01:43:54 AM »

Also about LSD- It is NOT addictive. In fact, doing it once usually scares the f**k out of people- so yeah- you ain't gonna get hooked. It scared me about twice. I only did it about 7 or 8 times. I only freaked out once.
And thats my awful advice for the day!  Drink

As part of our training, we had a whole course on drugs are bad 'mkay. Anyway, they talked about LSD quite a bit. Some soldier had a flashback episode some years after last taking the drug, thought his wife had turned into a giant spider and cut her head off with a kitchen knife. I do recall the graphic photo's they showed us.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Archivist

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2019, 02:52:02 AM »

For someone who's been so fascinated with psychedelics and has read quite widely and deeply about drug experiences, it's almost odd that I've never even smoked marijuana, let alone dropped acid. The hard drugs like heroin or cocaine have no interest for me, as I much prefer the idea of inner exploration, rather than any kind of euphoric high. Never taken speed or smoked meth, the most I've done is get drunk a few times.

As a movie related tangent, films like Altered States fascinate me, and I get a kick out of the many documentaries about LSD, peyote and similar things on YouTube. Having read a fair bit of Timothy Leary and related works, I have an idea about set and setting, as well as the importance of drug purity. These are the things I'd have to consider if I ever went on that path.

The idea of conveying a hallucinogenic trip through music, or composing music while under the influence of hallucinogens, seems pretty cool. In some ways, it's why I'm currently into ambient vaporwave, which I think has elements of drifting visions, memories and ideas.

Here's a list of 50 psychedelic albums, according to these folk.

https://www.treblezine.com/trebles-top-50-best-psychedelic-albums/

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2019, 07:58:14 AM »

And thats my awful advice for the day!  Drink

As part of our training, we had a whole course on drugs are bad 'mkay. Anyway, they talked about LSD quite a bit. Some soldier had a flashback episode some years after last taking the drug, thought his wife had turned into a giant spider and cut her head off with a kitchen knife. I do recall the graphic photo's they showed us.

I have NEVER met anyone in my life who has ever had a so-called 'LSD flashback'. I think it's bulls**t. So when some guy freaks out and chops his wife's head off-years later!- he claims he thought she turned into a spider. What a cop out. He got p**sed and chopped her head off. The guy was trying to blame his s**t on LSD. Even while I was tripping, I never felt the urge to chop anybody's head off, nor did they turn into giant insects. The whole 'LSD flashback' thing is a scare tactic. Reefer Madness kinda nonsense.
More people actually kill other people in a drunk rage, or are freaking out for a fix for they're meth habit. The scary stories about LSD are just that- scary stories.
I also am in no way endorsing or trying to entice anyone to do LSD. It is most certainly NOT a good thing. But it is in no way close to s**t like cocaine or meth or heroin. There's no $ in it.  If it was folks on the street would be selling it like meth or crack. You don't want it every minute of the day. Once every few years was enough for me. It blows your mind. You just wanna sit and do the trip. Like watching a weird movie. Also, you can do 2 hits or 10- you won't get any higher. You can only get so high. How you act on it depends on what you would do as a person. Some people get drunk and beat they're wives. Or chop they're heads off. Others sing and laugh. Same s**t- different drug.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 08:25:53 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2019, 09:58:19 AM »

Here's a list of 50 psychedelic albums, according to these folk.

https://www.treblezine.com/trebles-top-50-best-psychedelic-albums/

Nice to see Pharaoh Sanders, electric Miles Davis and Alice Coltrane made the list. There isn't enough appreciation for jazz among psychedelic crowd.

Black Sabbath? Really? I guess it's possible their first album was nothing like the rest of their output.

People really seem to love the 13th Floor Elevators, never could get into that garage band stuff. I like my psychedelic music heavily overproduced.

"Electric Ladyland" is a must. So "Court of the Crimson King," "Velvet Underground & Nico."

"Maggot Brain" is a great cut, but I wouldn't have put it as the #1 psychedelic album. I wouldn't pick "Revolver" either (it's transitional; I might go with "Sgt. Pepper," which they didn't even include).

I have heard some of the modern music they include and like it without loving it.

It's really a solid list. A lot of it looks like Allhallowsday's regular playlist.  Smile

Small | Large

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  PSYCHEDELIC MUSIC! Any era (especially '60s!), songs/albums/memories/etc. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.