Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:18:49 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  28 Days Later threequel. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 28 Days Later threequel.  (Read 3199 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 27, 2019, 03:15:57 PM »

It's Official: Zombie Horror '28 Days Later' Is Getting A Sequel, And It's Going To Be Terrifying.

Director Danny Boyle has confirmed that he is working on the THIRD movie of the franchise, most probably titled '28 Months Later.'
By Apeksha Nichrelay
June 26, 2019

That's right, one of the best zombie-apocalypse movies ever made, the '28 Days Later' franchise is FINALLY getting another movie after TWELVE whole years and fans are freaking out! Talks of a third movie happening have been here for a while but now the man behind the movies himself has confirmed that they are taking the terrifying movie to another level. Danny Boyle is working on the direct sequel to 28 Weeks Later and he has a 'wonderful idea.'

Working alongside Alex Garland, who penned down the 2002 original movie, Danny has high hopes from the upcoming sequel. "Alex Garland and I have a wonderful idea for the third part. It's properly good," he told Independent.

"The original film led to a bit of a resurgence in the zombie drama and it doesn't reference any of that. It doesn't feel stale at all. He's concentrating on directing his own work at the moment, so it's stood in abeyance really, but it's a you-never-know."

Starring Cillian Murphy, Naomie Harris, Christopher Eccleston, Megan Burns, and Brendan Gleeson, the original movie turned out to be a huge hit and earned over $85 million when it was created with a budget of just $8 million.

The plot of the movie revolved around the usual 'accidental release of a highly contagious virus' and people trying to survive it but then again, 28 Days Later was one of the earliest zombie movies so you know, this one inspired the OTHERS.

A sequel titled "28 Weeks Later" was released in 2007, which too, was well received by both fans and critics. Starring Robert Carlyle, Rose Byrne, Jeremy Renner, Harold Perrineau, Catherine McCormack, Imogen Poots, and Idris Elba, the movie performed fairly well at the box office and earned itself a 'cult' status. And well, in Hollywood terms, when you make two successful movies, there is always room for a third one.

In 2015, Alex revealed the team has started thinking about making another one and teased the possible title of the movie. “We’ve got an idea. Danny [Boyle] and [producer] Andrew [Macdonald] and I have been having quite serious conversations about it so it is a possibility. It’s complicated. There’s a whole bunch of reasons why it’s complicated, which are boring so I won’t go into, but there’s a possibility."

“It’s more likely to be 28 Months [Later] than 28 Years. 28 Years gives you one more place to go. 28 Decades is probably taking the p**s," he added. Earlier this year, Alex spilled some beans again:

"About two years ago, Danny started collaborating on the potential to make ‘Trainspotting 2,’ another sequel. In that conversation, an idea for ’28 Months’ arrived. I had a funny idea. I had a sort of weird idea that popped into my head. Partly because of a trip I’d taken. I had this thought, and I suggested it to Andrew and Danny, but I also said I don’t want to work on it. I don’t really want to play a role, and Andrew said, ‘Leave it to me.’ So he’s gone off and is working on it."

Boyle has teased the third movie before as well. “I’ve got no problem [with ‘28 Months Later‘] It’s the usual thing, …it’s not about whether people think it’s a good idea that you’re directing. It’s whether you respond to the script or not. It’s just like on [‘Steve Jobs’]. I got the script and I went, ‘That was amazing. I hope I can add to that somehow and it be even better than just the experience of reading it'," he told IndieWire.  All other details of the movie from the cast to the release date are yet to be revealed. Watch this space for more details.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 08:19:15 PM »

Asides from star trek  3 was there ever a good 3quel?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 02:42:57 AM »

It's Official: Zombie Horror '28 Days Later' Is Getting A Sequel, And It's Going To Be Terrifying.

... but then again, 28 Days Later was one of the earliest zombie movies ...

oh boy....

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Bushma

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 05:52:57 AM »

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later

Do you think it'll be called
28 Months Later or 28 Years Later?  They've gotta be saving the years for when it would be 28 years later, right?

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 06:30:11 AM »

Going to go with months. Then 28 Years later can be the follow-up.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chainsaw midget

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 09:56:38 AM »

28 Days Later wasn't horrible but I never bothered with the follow up.  I'm kinda zombied-out these days.  They're over done. 
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 11:14:27 AM »

28 Days Later wasn't horrible but I never bothered with the follow up.  I'm kinda zombied-out these days.  They're over done. 

Very true. They seem to be the go-to movie for starting off directors in the same way slashers were in the 80's and erotic thrillers in the 90's.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  28 Days Later threequel. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.