Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:59:44 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Frankenstein’s Great Aunt Tillie (1984) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Frankenstein’s Great Aunt Tillie (1984)  (Read 1278 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 09, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »

This was painful. I just watched it as part of a four pack called Born in Hell. This movie really was born in HELL.

I love the title for how campy it is. I knew it would be bad going in as it has a 3.1 on IMDB. However, I’ve seen 3.1’s before, but they weren’t this!

It is like Mel Brooks if Mel Brooks made his movies really, really badly. Despite some star power I’m not surprised it has faded into complete obscurity and the only place I could find it on DVD was in a four pack that mercifully went out of print years ago.

The plot is that 100 years after the original Frankenstein the town is going to take possession of the family castle since the family had not payed taxes for 600 years. At the last minute Aunt Tillie and some other Frankenstein’s return. They decide they have to pay off the taxes and restore the family’s place in town.

Sounds harmless enough?

It isn’t. This film clumsily meanders around for 100 minutes. I’d crack the old joke that it was 100 minutes longer than it needed to be (it was). However, if people like me have resigned themselves to self-torture by viewing the worst of the worst the filmmakers could have shown a sliver of kindness. Plenty of movies could edited down, but this film is outright flabby. 20 or 30 minutes could have been cut just to keep the film from being sadistic. Yet, the filmmakers revel in this sadism as just when you think this mess of loose plot plumped up by jokes that never land is over...there is an epilogue!

Has anyone else seen this monstrosity?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 12:25:02 AM »

Not one I've ever heard of before.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 12:49:46 AM »

Never seen but heard of it. It has Aldo Ray in it. Seems like he was in every B-Movie made in the 70s and 80s.
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 01:10:06 AM »

i love aldo, and even i couldn't get through this one. not even while in hospital on morphine, couldn't do it. my night nurse seemed grateful...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Frankenstein’s Great Aunt Tillie (1984) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.