Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:06:30 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Warner Bros Studio on fire. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Warner Bros Studio on fire.  (Read 2818 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 11, 2019, 10:48:38 AM »

Huge blaze breaks out at Warner Bros. UK studios where Harry Potter and James Bond blockbusters were filmed

Fire broke out at Warner Bros. Studios in Hertfordshire at 11.30pm last night
    Emergency services were still at the scene battling flames this morning
    Fire believed to have started in an empty stage and no one was injured
    It was put out at around 3.30pm but firefighters remain there to make area safe

By Joseph Curtis For Mailonline

Published: 09:51, 11 July 2019 | Updated: 16:02, 11 July 2019

shares

View comments

A huge blaze broke out at Warner Bros. UK film studios last night where the James Bond and Harry Potter franchises have been filmed.

Around 75 firefighters rushed to the site in Leavesden, Hertfordshire, at around 11.30pm last night and was put out at around 3.30pm.

Eighteen fire engines have been at the studios today and it is understood the blaze began in one of the stages.

No one was injured in the incident and the set was not being used at the time the fire broke out.

Officials confirmed the blaze was extinguished but that firefighters remain at the scene to ensure it is safe.

A spokesman for Hertfordshire County Council said: 'The fire and rescue service were called to reports of a fire at Warner Bros. Studios in Leavesden in Hertfordshire at 11.29pm on Wednesday 10 July.

'Fifteen fire engines, plus support vehicles, are currently in attendance at the scene and crews are tackling a fire in one of the stages there.

'The set was not being used at the time of the fire. There are no injuries.'

All eight Harry Potter films as well as other movies including James Bond, Fast and Furious and the Mission Impossible franchises have filmed at the studios.

Mark Hancock, who lives nearby, said: 'My house is only about 200m away from the perimeter fence and we have a clear line of sight over gardens so we managed to see it out one of our windows.

'The smoke went high into the air, and as I watched, the smoke appeared to get thicker, so much so that we could see the flashing lights of the fire engines reflecting off the thick smoke

'It was still going strong at about 1am and when I woke up this morning it was still smouldering.'

The site - which covers almost 200 acres - was previously an aircraft factory called Leavesden Aerodrome that was central to production during World War II.

It was converted for film use in 1994 for Pierce Brosnan's first Bond film GoldenEye and has been a popular site for producers ever since.

Other films shot at the studios include Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Inception, Paddington, The Dark Knight and Bohemian Rhapsody. 

The site is also near the Warner Bros. Studio Tour attraction which takes guests behind the scenes of the making of the Harry Potter series.

Guests today have been told tours are still going ahead and to turn up as normal.

A spokesman for Warner Bros would not comment on the fire other than to confirm it was ongoing. He said the public studio tours were unaffected and taking place as usual.

People living in the Abbots Langley and Leavesden area said they were woken up by a 'very strong' smell of smoke during the night.

A couple of photos taken during the night show a huge plume of smoke over the studios.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 07:48:31 PM »

well, if they're still doing tours, it must be at least salvagable.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 05:14:17 PM »

It sounds like only one soundstage was involved, with the fire department preventing the fire from spreading further. Of course, while we rue the fire, the good news is--that apparently--no one was killed or injured in the fire.
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »

that's really good news. i can't express my admiration and gratitude for firemen enough, they are amazing people.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 04:22:14 PM »

I think I might have been made a honoury fireman last weekend or something. Ken gave me a tee shirt with his fire station logo on it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 03:20:44 PM »

that's pretty cool!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Warner Bros Studio on fire. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.