Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:16:26 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Sean Young a victim of Harvey weinstein? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sean Young a victim of Harvey weinstein?  (Read 1878 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 11, 2019, 10:49:41 PM »

OK for years and hearts itcs been the common view that Sean young, best known for blade runner, had her career crash and burn because "the was insane".

Now tho, a different story is emerging. She flat out rejected advances from Harvey weinstein and he killed her career.

We all know that it's  been SOP for a long time to call women accusing a man of sexual harassment "nuts or sluts". And we know Hollywood had all sorts of stories about Young acting nuts.

The big one,  she showed up for an audition as cat woman in batman returns in a catwoman costume,  I say "so what? " Personally I think the only insane person in that situation was whoever decided to cast Michelle pfiefer as cat woman.

I'm hearing more allegations that most of the allegations against Sean young we're bogus and made by people beholden to weinstein.

Anyone  here have any opinions on this?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 11:24:13 PM »

Last I heard, she was working on some kind of documentary with Timbo Hines.
Yes the same one who put out that really bad three hour direct to video version of War Of The Worlds that came out the same time as that ultra depressing Tom Cruise version...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 05:27:00 PM »

Well, it looks like her career is getting back on track.

This year has seen her in The Fifth Bro

with . . .
Nick and Nicky
and Axcellerator
(just completed)

Rain Beau's End
Hart Boulevard
(in post-production)

A Beautiful Distraction
(now filming)

and just announced
Fragments from Olympus

This is the first time I have heard that she might have been one of Harvey Weinstin's many victims, but, what I have also heard is that,  unlike in many of these cases, where the defendant cops to some kind of plea and throws themselves on the mercy of the court, he is going to fight it, no matter how long it takes nor how much money it takes.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Sean Young a victim of Harvey weinstein? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.