Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:46:58 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies  (Read 24598 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 12, 2019, 04:52:20 PM »

i'm a die hard Roger Corman fan and i've prolly see oh to hazard a guess maybe 150 or close to that number anyways of his movies. so i've seen some of his best films and some of his worst as well.

His Best to start it out with would prolly be Death Race 2000 and old one from (1975) one of his Worst would be it's sequel of sorts if you want to call it a sequel (1978)'s Death Sport granted i taped it off tv i think it was like Sci-fi channel years ago so it had the nudity cut out i believe but it was wow was it bad.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 05:05:41 PM »

In some ways I guess my favorite RCM is "galaxy of terror", aka mind warp.

Worse would likely be "the beast with a million eyes".

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
pennywise37

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 05:25:38 PM »

i haven't seen that one actually i dunno why i just haven't but i have seen Beast With a Million Eyes and i actually do agree 100% it is one of his worst.

let's see Summer Camp Nightmare another Classic from (1987) based off The  Butterfly Revolution i forget the author and a book at some point i'd love to read in

fact. i saw this one as a kid and i fell in love with it cause i wanted to be those kids who take over the camp not what happens later on after I think Franklin i want to say his name is and i looked it up and i was actually right. well not after he goes nuts  anyways i have this on VHS in fact and my VCR before it stopped working where i could put VHS movies to dvd's this was one of them.  honestly the film at least is one of those where it doesn't matter if it's letterboxed or not cause i think it's 1:66 or 1:85 i forget which but i have this on VHS as well but under The Death Artist

it's really bad i mean it's got a good cast but it's painfully bad i bought it at Drug Mart a few years ago back when they used to sell VHS tapes i'd always look each time i went and when i saw a Roger Corman i needed to see or don't own i bought it and i had seen this one but i wanted to own it.  i think it's only been watched once since i bought it cause i gave it a 2nd chance
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 10:31:58 PM »

the best: House of Usher and The Masque of the Red Death

the worst: Gunslinger

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 10:45:05 PM »

yeah that one is pretty bad and it made a fun MSTK3000 episode though.

the best Swamp Women one of his 1st films he directed from (1955) i actually like that one it's not a great film by any means but it's a good one i think

the worst The Student Nurses his 1st film of the 70's from (1970) where it was also his first film he made as a producer and i know it was a huge hit for me but i can't see why the film is awful.well other than nudity and that's it but that's not what makes a good movie i don't think, it's the script it's the cast most importantly it's the director
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 04:20:23 AM »

I have a few of his that I like that I'd need to sit down and seriously consider which one was my favourite (Dementia 13, Galaxy of Terror, Forbidden World, Humanoids from the Deep and so on). Deciding which one was his worst though might take a bit more time and thought...

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 06:18:41 AM »

there are some of his that i've only seen once or really don't remember what i thought of them at all cause it's been so long ya know?

like i love love Bucket of Blood the classic (1959) film but loath (1960)'s Last woman on earth WOW was that a bad one. there are i think some films you may love and not realize Corman put those out, check out his filmography and see which ones you remember loving and hating. i've been a fan of his since hell since my brother was in i think high school he's 45 now and the 1st one i think i ever saw was The Pit and the Pendulum the (1961) version

that's the film that introduced me to Corman. that's also my favorite Vincent Price film as well
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 01:33:14 PM »

The st. Valentines day massacre was an odd corman film,  done  as a straight up narrated documentary style movie.

pennywise37

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 02:46:23 PM »

that was his first taste of the big time and he didn't much care for the experience and it's not an awful film i don't think but it's not one of his best either.

i'm sure you all know the story about The Gunfighter and old one From (1950) where Corman was working for i forget what film company put that out and he was script editor i think? or rather i forget the term on what his job was where he would go through them and read them and than say to the studio heads if this one or that one was a good script or a crap one. than one day his boss say Roger how come you never send any up? so he goes well give me a good script and i will.

so they send him a script he reads it and he makes some notes on what to take out and what to put in and he turns it in and his boss in that department got a raise for it and he got no credit at all and the film wins a damn oscar i believe.  that's when he Quit working for the Studio and than later on went on his own.

as for good and bad films,  Good the classic (1963)'s The Raven with a young Jack Nicholson who honestly didn't start out as a very good actor i don't think. it was only later that he became one.

as for the bad i want to say (1967)'s The Trip that one was pretty bad. i've seen most of the films he's directed but not all of them there are still a couple or so of them i still need to see like his last one that movie about the Baron for example
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 02:49:03 PM »

Had a hard time coming up with one I didn't like, & then I remember Battle Beyond The Stars, Which at the time I though was really awesome, & then a couple years later was recycled into Space Raiders.

Not that it's in any way beneath Roger Corman to recycle good material, but I really hated Space Raiders.

Speaking of recycled material, the version of Not Of This Earth that starred Traci Llords is an interestingly bad primer for every decent Roger Corman movie ever made.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
pennywise37

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »

i thought Space Raiders was decent not a great movie by any means but it was an okay film but it was a forgettable film too. honestly Not of  This Earth weather it's the (1957) version or the (1988) version the best version is the (1995) version the other 2 are painfully bad. the (1995) version isn't a great movie either it's just there but than i saw that version 1st so maybe that's why i think that i dunno.

people love Battle Beyond The Stars for some reason and i have that on dvd and it's an it's an okay movie. nothing great but not a bad one either by any means.

just okay, as for Good Ones, i want to say (1973)'s The Student Teacher's i bought that on VHS years ago and loved it!  now the  bad

(1973)'s Summer School Teachers it's sequel is really really bad have you seen either of those?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »

that was his first taste of the big time and he didn't much care for the experience and it's not an awful film i don't think but it's not one of his best either.

i'm sure you all know the story about The Gunfighter and old one From (1950) where Corman was working for i forget what film company put that out and he was script editor i think? or rather i forget the term on what his job was where he would go through them and read them and than say to the studio heads if this one or that one was a good script or a crap one. than one day his boss say Roger how come you never send any up? so he goes well give me a good script and i will.

so they send him a script he reads it and he makes some notes on what to take out and what to put in and he turns it in and his boss in that department got a raise for it and he got no credit at all and the film wins a damn oscar i believe.  that's when he Quit working for the Studio and than later on went on his own.

as for good and bad films,  Good the classic (1963)'s The Raven with a young Jack Nicholson who honestly didn't start out as a very good actor i don't think. it was only later that he became one.

as for the bad i want to say (1967)'s The Trip that one was pretty bad. i've seen most of the films he's directed but not all of them there are still a couple or so of them i still need to see like his last one that movie about the Baron for example

I never meat that  the movie was bad, it was just an odd movie for roger corman.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 05:32:48 PM »

Best: geez, that's a toughie. Probably "The Intruder" with William Shatner.

Worst: I just watched a mid 80s chicks-in-prison flick produced by his Concorde Productions company called "Vendetta" that might qualify.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:43:45 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 06:06:38 PM »

My favorite would be IT CONQUERED THE WORLD (1956).-Cool monsters, Lee Van Cleef, Beverly Garland and Peter Graves! And Dick MIller too!
 Worst- GASSSS! (1970)-post nuke hippie movie. Stupid as a box of rocks.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:09:02 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 06:21:24 PM »

My favorite would be IT CONQUERED THE WORLD (1956).-Cool monsters, Lee Van Cleef, Beverly Garland and Peter Graves! And Dick MIller too!
 Worst- GASSSS! (1970)-post nuke hippie movie. Stupid as a box of rocks.

I've heard of tbast movie, RC. I could never bring myself to watch it. Thanks for taking the bullet for me.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.