Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:33:18 PM
714382 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies  (Read 24718 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 10:17:34 AM »

For me, there are so many bad Coreman films to choose from, Galaxy of Terror does rank up (or down) there.

However, "The Intruder" with William Shatner is highly underrated.  Heck, not only does Coreman get praise for directing this gem, Shatner should have gotten at least a Best Actor nomination ..I'm not kidding.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 02:26:39 PM »

Movies he directed:

Best - LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
Worst - THE TERROR

Movies he produced:

Best - DEATH RACE 2000
Worst - WIZARDS OF THE LOST KINGDOM

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 05:53:33 PM »

I like the Carnosaur movies. 

The Undead was pretty fun as well.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »

Movies he directed:

Worst - THE TERROR

Movies he produced:

Best - DEATH RACE 2000

Ever see Deathsport 3000?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »

Movies he directed:

Worst - THE TERROR

Movies he produced:

Best - DEATH RACE 2000

No. Corman has produced over 300 movies and I've only seen a small percentage of them.

pennywise37

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 09:01:24 PM »

Rev are you sure about that? check out IMDB and you may see you've seen more films of his than you realize.

yes the guy has done a lot of bad movies i honestly dunno if the good outweighs the bad or vice versa cause he's done so many films ya know?

Best The Undead an oldie from (1957) i think this one is one of his best than you have his worst

(1975)'s Capone which is nice to see a young Stallone but the film is really forgettable to be honest
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 09:01:38 PM »

Movies he directed:

Worst - THE TERROR

Movies he produced:

Best - DEATH RACE 2000

No. Corman has produced over 300 movies and I've only seen a small percentage of them.

Well, after you see Deathsport 3000 you just might change  your mind in regards  to his worst movie...

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 09:02:54 PM »

Rev are you sure about that? check out IMDB and you may see you've seen more films of his than you realize.

yes the guy has done a lot of bad movies i honestly dunno if the good outweighs the bad or vice versa cause he's done so many films ya know?

Best The Undead an oldie from (1957) i think this one is one of his best than you have his worst

(1975)'s Capone which is nice to see a young Stallone but the film is really forgettable to be honest

This was corman's effort at working within the Hollywood box. He made it as a straight up mainstream movie. Later he decided he didn't like working in the Hollywood box.

pennywise37

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 11:03:42 PM »

top of my head it wasn't The undead it was St. Valentine's Day massacre that was his 1st experience with the big studio's the next time i think off the top of my head was (1990)'s Frankenstein Unboud and than the (2008) version of Death Race.

his movies were going to drive-in's and such until the 1980's actually before home video took over. i read his autbiography years ago i think it was and in it that's what he said, that book is really out of date now but it came out i want to say (1990) a damn good book too in case you haven't read it.

let's see another good one, (1962)'s Premature Burial did i say that one already? i can't remember and the bad

(1975)'s Crazy Mama which i have yet to watch all of it cause on how bad it is at least i thought so anyways

and i think he may have produced  (1979)'s The Warrior's but i could be wrong on that one
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 07:52:26 AM »

If I've seen 30 of his movies that's a lot of movies, but it's still less than 10% of his total output.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2019, 10:22:45 AM »

and i think he may have produced  (1979)'s The Warrior's but i could be wrong on that one

Nah- Roger had no connection to that film.

Oh- by the way- CRAZY MAMA was directed by Johnaton (SILENCE OF THE LAMBS) Demme!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2019, 10:43:34 AM »

i want to say i seen over 100 of his films maybe close to 130 or 150 i'll have to count them on IMDB to be sure but  i know it's over 100 of them, just like iv'e seen over 100 of Vincent Price's films i think and i think around that too of Christopher Lee's as well or over 100 of his too.

yeah Johnathon Demme started out with Corman and in my book i have it has him talk about it too.. he did that and (1976)'s Fighting Mad which is an okay film not a great film but it's decent anyways in the book he tells how he was dying to do that film but Corman said no not yet you have to do Crazy Mama first as we don't currently have anyone to direct it and he got p**sed and he stood up to Roger and said okay but if do it i want to do Fighting Mad next and Roger than agreed

in the book Corman even said how he had every right to be p**sed about it too.  i can respect a guy who admits that ya know?

of his later ones that i dunno how many of you saw of his made for video films i had to look these titles up cause i just could not remember the titles.

the best is and i really loved this one is though IDMB says (1999) i think my VHS of it says (1998) is one called Stray Bullet but it's got Robert Carradine in  it and Fred Dwyer and Rebecca Staab as well. there is a sequel to it and looking it up it's the name of it

the worst is Dangerous Curve from (2000) it's also known as Stray Bullet 2 and that's one got Robert Carradine as well as David Carradine too that one they pretty much remade the 1st film not a surprise there but the second one really really sucked ass.

IMDB gives the 1st film 4.9 and the one 4.5 for the 2nd film that sounds about right but i think the first one should get a higher rating than it has

and i never use Rotten Tomatoes i dunno why i just prefer IMDB iv'e just never cared for it cause they give too many movies i love a really low rating and ones i hate a high rating, yes IMDB does that too but most people it seems use Rotten Tomatoes rather than IMDB which is why it bothers me more i think
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2019, 10:45:21 PM »

Yes, I like NOT OF THIS EARTH by far and away the best.  That might be the coolest crap ever made.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2019, 12:25:48 PM »

Yes, I like NOT OF THIS EARTH by far and away the best.  That might be the coolest crap ever made.   Thumbup

Question Which one?  Question

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »

Yes, I like NOT OF THIS EARTH by far and away the best.  That might be the coolest crap ever made.   Thumbup

Question Which one?  Question

1957... the original; I don't think that remake has much to do with ROGER CORMAN.  

Small | Large

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 02:00:14 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.