Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:45:41 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Your favorite episode of a TV show. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your favorite episode of a TV show.  (Read 6141 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 14, 2019, 07:35:52 PM »

Name a show and tell us abut your favorite episodes of it.

Star trek. Devil in the dark.

I think this EP was a part cf example of what made star trek great. The horta was initially portrayed as a murdering monster killing miners on a planet, and everyone wanted to kill it except spock who had a feeling he didnt  share without evidence.

The horta kills some of kirk's crew even and kirk really wants to kill it but spock still objects.

Later the horta shows signs of intelligence.

When kirk finally has a shot at the horta he hesistares to kill it, likely because he knows spock must have a reason for not wanting it killed,  he has faith in spock's intelligence and jusgement. Spock advises kirk to kill it,  indicating kirkcs life matters to him.

Later itcs revealed the horta is an intelligent creature and only killed miners after the broke deep into the planet and began destroying the horta's eggs,  which she was protecting as the last of her species.

Leonard nimoy had  to emote  intensely in the scenes where he mindmelded with the horta,  feeling and expressing it's physical and emotional pain. He had to act to a monster prop even stars trek fans admit looks kinda silly. But he did a great job  emoting.

Kirk once he understood the horta protected it,  even threatening to kill fellow humans if they tried to harm it. This established a lot of the shows mythos about respecting all intelligent life and understanding that alien intelligences ate still beings, plus he now knew the horta wasn't a monster but a mother protecting her young.  He would kill to protect her then despite the fact she'd  killed some of his own men.

All in all an EP that showed  a lot of what made star trek wonderful.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 04:18:04 PM »

Night Galley - "The Boy Who Predicted Earthquakes." I think I was around 7 or 8 years old the first time I saw it. The ending made me tremble way down in my soul.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 02:05:32 PM »

Night Galley - "The Boy Who Predicted Earthquakes." I think I was around 7 or 8 years old the first time I saw it. The ending made me tremble way down in my soul.

Was that the one with Clint Howard?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »

Was that the one with Clint Howard?

Yes, that's the one.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 05:29:26 PM »

For Star Trek: Deep Space 9  it was The Magnificent Ferengi:   Granted its not as good as some of the other Dominion War episodes like Waltz or In the Pale Moonlight  but its a fun episode that I always enjoy watching.

Futurama:  Luck of the Fryish  It has a nice blend of feeling and comedy.  Something Futurama could be good at.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 12:13:59 PM »

Simpsons - the one where Homer starts a gossip website and they end up on the weird island
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 11:48:06 PM »

Lost In Space 

I like that show, though it is typically boring or dumb.  The first season was in black & white and had an episode where John Robinson is possessed by the evil spirit in a mask... and comes close to throwing Will Robinson from a cliff ledge...instead of the mask.  Some of the early ones are spooky with cool monsters. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 06:45:04 AM »

Oddly enough several series started in b&w and went to color,  and in General  the b&w seasons were  better. I can't explain it but I have noticed it and lost in space was an example of it.  I think my favorite  episode was the one with he boy in the mirror.

VttBotS was like that and the first b&w session was the best.  The later seasons declined year by year until the main stars wanted to quit.  In think the best EP of it was the first season one "sub sank here".

The adventures of superman had I think 2 seasons in b&w and they had the best EPs.  There were a few  memorable  ones.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »

Oddly enough several series started in b&w and went to color,  and in General  the b&w seasons were  better. I can't explain it but I have noticed it and lost in space was an example of it.  I think my favorite  episode was the one with he boy in the mirror.

The episode you refer to starred MICHAEL POLLARD (who went on to play a major role in the 1967 film BONNIE AND CLYDE).  I almost picked that one instead. 

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 11:39:26 AM »

That's.... almost weird.

Just curious, ahd,  did you watch the netflix reboot? No spoilers in case you  didn't.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 11:41:59 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »

That's.... almost weird.

Just curious, ahd,  did you watch the netflix reboot? No spoilers in case you  didn't.
No.  I don't look at much TV.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 03:18:14 AM »

The Hawaii Five 0 episode Lekio [Radio] where a very familiar face pops up in the cast:

James Caan and his son in the same episode.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 11:48:40 PM »

Though uneven, I love all the episodes of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW ...  this clip excludes Lou's response, but I love this bit the best: 

Small | Large

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 09:09:15 PM »

Small | Large
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Your favorite episode of a TV show. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.