Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:36 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  People you'd like to see a good movie about. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: People you'd like to see a good movie about.  (Read 8048 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 01:05:39 PM »

John Belushi - WIRED is a terrible, almost unwatchable movie. It gave me a headache. Physically. A headache.

Captain Kidd or Blackbeard - I'd love to see a really gritty, well-made movie about piracy.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 03:22:33 PM »

John Belushi - WIRED is a terrible, almost unwatchable movie. It gave me a headache. Physically. A headache.

Captain Kidd or Blackbeard - I'd love to see a really gritty, well-made movie about piracy.

Not having seen most of these, I can't say how gritty or well-made they are, but according to wikipedia.org there are a half dozen films and almost a dozen TV episodes that feature Blackbeard. Captain Kidd is less well represented on film, there he has appeared in 4 films and 1 TV miniseries. Maybe it is time to do a reboot featuring one or both characterrs.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2021, 05:55:36 AM »

Richard Pryor. I know Jo Jo Dancer technically is this, but I’d love a more modern take with a different person portraying him.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2021, 07:14:07 PM »

Emperor Joshua Norton I; He was America only officially recognized Royalty (Elvis was just a celebrity) 

Quite the fascinating character. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

Julie D'Aubigny La Maupin
https://www.badassoftheweek.com/maupin?rq=Julie   
She did fencing duels live on stage all to the death...and won every single challenge!

Juanita Musson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juanita_Musson

Every single time I try to tell friends about this woman and her restaurant, they think I made it all up.. but my parents took me to her restaurants a few times. She was very real.  Honestly, I'm shocked no one has made a movie about her yet.

Andy Milligan
His life was angry and intense as his movies.
I have written a 150 page script based on Jimmy McDonough's biography of him.   Still trying to get someone with $$$$ to read it and flim it.

kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 07:16:53 PM »

Christopher Lee. Now there was a man who packed a lot into his life.

Lemmy. Willing to bet a warts (hah!) and all movie would blow anything in 'The Dirt', 'Bohemian Rhapsody' or 'Rocket Man' away lol.

The snag with a Christopher Lee movie is you would have to find someone who looked and sounded close to him as possible otherwise it would not work at all.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 09:47:22 PM »

Emperor Joshua Norton I; He was America only officially recognized Royalty (Elvis was just a celebrity) 

That's remarkable. I was going to suggest Emperor Norton (though I think crafting a straightforward biopic-style narrative about him would be quite a challenge).

Andy Milligan
I have written a 150 page script based on Jimmy McDonough's biography of him.   Still trying to get someone with $$$$ to read it and flim it.

This would be another great one, and much easier to construct a narrative from. (Your script won't fly unless you got McDonough on board, though).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 01:34:40 AM »

That's remarkable. I was going to suggest Emperor Norton (though I think crafting a straightforward biopic-style narrative about him would be quite a challenge).

Andy Milligan
I have written a 150 page script based on Jimmy McDonough's biography of him.   Still trying to get someone with $$$$ to read it and flim it.

This would be another great one, and much easier to construct a narrative from. (Your script won't fly unless you got McDonough on board, though).

He applauded my effort when I told him I wrote a script based on his book.   He said for legal reasons, he is not allowed to read it. I acutally know of those reasons sadly.   But he  applauded the effort, if it makes it through to being filmed, he will be thrilled to read it.

PS, I'm honeslty shocked no one has made a movie about Norton yet!   However, Neil Gaiman wrote a single issue of a Sandman Comic way back in 1990 about him.  It's a brilliant take on the good Emperor. 

PPS, i disagree, a straightforward story of his life would be fairly easy, It would need Neil Gaiamns touch though.
pacman000
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2021, 09:31:31 AM »

Joshua Norton movie proposal:

Act 1

Norton is a successful business man, who makes a bad investment. He tries to recover his losses in the courts, but fails, &, believing the country's corrupt, declares himself the First Emperor of the United States.

Act 2

Norton sends declarations to local news papers, which gives him some notoriety. He begins to show up at rallies, & this annoys some political figures & business men.

Act 3

The political figures & business men have Norton committed, but his antics have made him a lot of friends. They get him out, & buy him a new suit, fitting for the Emperor of the United States.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2021, 10:24:17 AM »

Krystal Cole, the woman in this short documentary:

Small | Large

Her version of the end of the story may not be entirely true. Warning: this is very disturbing.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ok-court-of-criminal-appeals/1251267.html

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2021, 04:42:39 AM »

Soapy Smith, Alaska’s first crime lord. I know of at least one documentary about the guy and a portrayal by Rod Steiger, Klondike Fever (1980). He was a kingpin in Skagway during the late 19th Century, running gambling operations and scams out of saloons during the old Klondike days. I think that the character Swearengen in Deadwood (2004) might have been inspired by Soapy Smith. The history about this guy is fascinating and is just begging for a proper Western or even a biopic.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Jim H

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2021, 03:58:08 PM »

Soapy Smith, Alaska’s first crime lord. I know of at least one documentary about the guy and a portrayal by Rod Steiger, Klondike Fever (1980). He was a kingpin in Skagway during the late 19th Century, running gambling operations and scams out of saloons during the old Klondike days. I think that the character Swearengen in Deadwood (2004) might have been inspired by Soapy Smith. The history about this guy is fascinating and is just begging for a proper Western or even a biopic.

Swearengen was a real guy and legitimately a career criminal who ran a brothel/bar in Deadwood and quarreled with Bullock, but considering how little we know about the real Swearengen, I wouldn't be surprised if they used details from Soapy's career and operations to fill in the gaps.  Similar stories (19th century criminal on the outskirts of the current American frontier), and there's more surviving details about Soapy, so it'd make sense.  Totally agree, Soapy deserves a film.

Another con man and gambler from a bit later, I'd like to see a film on Titanic Thompson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_Thompson

Famous con man/gambler/pool player/golfer.

He was extremely agile and skilled with his hands, great at jumping and throwing cards and other tricks - he'd use that skill to win lots of money in bar bets.  He testified at the trial for the murder of crime boss Arthur Rothstein, who some of you probably remember from Boardwalk Empire and films about the mob in the 1920s.  He was also a great golfer and played for decades, often hustling people with a partner.  Also a hustler at pool, and worked with Minnesota Fats.  Was in three separate shootouts, killing another 4 people, as he was a great shot.  Very good poker player too.  Lived to be over 80, and played in the very first World Series of Poker, a living legend at the time.

There's a biography on him I read years ago, Titanic Thompson: The Man Who Bet on Everything, totally worth a read if you like the sound of this stuff.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 06:44:04 PM by Jim H » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  People you'd like to see a good movie about. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.