Main Menu

Good ghawd WHY?

Started by Svengoolie 3, July 18, 2019, 04:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archivist

So... they want to remake another classic movie. Not cool.

I don't see anyone remaking Star Wars... although they kind of did with the first Daisy Ridley movie. Remake without calling it a remake.

Like many movies of that era, I have the comic book adaptation, and the DVD in my collection. I might pick it up again to remind myself of the fun.
"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus

Jim H

Quote from: Archivist on July 18, 2019, 05:25:54 AM
So... they want to remake another classic movie. Not cool.

I don't see anyone remaking Star Wars... although they kind of did with the first Daisy Ridley movie. Remake without calling it a remake.

Like many movies of that era, I have the comic book adaptation, and the DVD in my collection. I might pick it up again to remind myself of the fun.

It sounds like a direct sequel really.  35 years is too long of a gap though, honestly.  Would have been fun 30 years ago.

Archivist

True about it being a sequel. If they can maintain the wonder and coolness of the original with the production values and techniques of today, that will be a great thing indeed. And NO GENDER POLITICS. (shakes head)
"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus