Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:05:20 PM
714220 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  SEE YOU AROUND.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: SEE YOU AROUND....  (Read 16505 times)
316zombie
« on: July 21, 2019, 12:34:48 AM »

i'm not interested in posting to the sven show, and i'm sure as hell not interested in watching him try to make my friends my enemies. i think i've gotten invites to all the actual regulars here, use them. there IS a new home for you. it's your choice. this place is deteriorating fast with the software problems AND sven's takeover.
  so, you know where to find me, see you around! and remember, you ARE my friends, regs, and i'll love you while i miss you, if that's your choice..later taters! i love you!  Cheers
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 07:12:19 AM »

I don't really see how Sven is "taking over". Yeah, he's a loud mouthed jackass but that's not a reason to leave.
He p**ses me off too but you don't see me leaving over it. I hope you change your mind because I'm not going to remember to come to your website frequently.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 09:46:21 AM »

Bluesad

You're welcome back any time.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 06:26:12 PM »

i'm not interested in posting to the sven show, and i'm sure as hell not interested in watching him try to make my friends my enemies. i think i've gotten invites to all the actual regulars here, use them. there IS a new home for you. it's your choice. this place is deteriorating fast with the software problems AND sven's takeover.
  so, you know where to find me, see you around! and remember, you ARE my friends, regs, and i'll love you while i miss you, if that's your choice..later taters! i love you!  Cheers

Barri, if you come back, I, for one would welcome you.  We are all participants here, so it is hardly the "sven show".  Without the SEARCH feature, the forum has become crowded with fallow threads that amount to clutter for me.  Yet, many of us are still here, sharing and participating.  I don't expect a migration.  Your action may reflect poorly on character.  You remind me of someone different from you, yet, perhaps not different at all. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 05:28:05 PM »

Ok, after seeing some frankly "WTF?!?!" accusations leveled at me I decided to wait a while before posting to see if anyone agreed with them. Apparently no one did. So I guess only one person here thinks i'm trying to do what i was accused of.

I wonder if 316zombie started her board just to say "I'M NOT GONNA LET YOU IN NYAHH! NYAAH!" As crazy as her accusations of me were I wouldn't be surprised.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 05:37:11 PM »

TBH, dude, you can be a real douche sometimes.  And sometimes you can be OK.
But I'm not gonna leave the board over you.  I've been here too long.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 05:47:52 PM »

Well i may be  a douche but at least I don;t believe slavery is ok because an old book says it is.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 05:57:24 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 07:04:52 PM »

Well i may be  a douche but at least I don;t believe slavery is ok because an old book says it is.

That taunt comes about 150 years too late. Would have been a sick burn in the Lincoln-Douglas debates, though.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 09:48:26 PM »

That wasn't a taunt, it was a response to a jab.

And yes,  if people believe in a book that says slavery is OK, you can take slaves from other nations, keep woman as slaves, etc then I have to wonder if those people believe slavery is OK.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 04:05:17 AM »

Well i may be  a douche but at least I don;t believe slavery is ok because an old book says it is.

WTF does that have to do with the price of eggs in China? Why attack Indy's religion because he says you are a douche sometimes? I been called many names by many folks on the board- but I DON'T use a religious belief of someone as a random "snappy come-back" .
I can be a douche, too! I been called worse. But If someone calls me an a***ole or douche or wtf ever- I ain't gonna say "f**k you Christian!" What if Indy was Jewish? They believe in the Bible? Would you say "f**k you, Jew"? You use your personal beliefs to exclude people people based on religion??? Indy is a good man with a good heart.
That's just another form of prejudice against someone. I'm an atheist too- but ragging on someone's religious beliefs is just wrong.
As far as leaving the board, Chef-I wish you would stay. I always enjoy your posts. I don't agree with lots of what Sven says- or lotsa people say. But like Indy- I been here waaay to long to let someone run me away.
As far as ER goes- we had our differences many times- over many things. But she has been here a long time too. And-frankly- I'm GLAD to see her back. Because diversity in opinion is what makes the world spin and interesting.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:13:08 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 06:15:58 AM »

Hey, I got told I was a douche, you expect me not to shoot back? 

Also,  I hear a lot of the religious crowd today telling everyone that they agency good peolel unless they agree with their views.

So I look at what they consider the source of their morality.

I see a book that tells us slavery is OK. Treating women like property is OK.  Investing a country,  murdering the peolelin it and taking it is OK. Killing children is OK.

Andf I wonder what makes them think they can judge anyone given what they believe is all right.

Plus on fb I just had a talibaptist tell me that on jusgement day he would ask his godcs permission to throw me into the fire. Left me a little annoyed.

If not for that I might have legit slide.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 07:40:21 AM »

Hey, I got told I was a douche, you expect me not to shoot back? 

No, knowing you, I don't expect it, any more than I would expect Donald Trump not to "shoot back." But I would hope you will learn not to respond to very "jab."

People jab at you and call you a douche because you've earned it with a long history of insulting behavior.

Your behavior has improved lately, and you should be commended for that. But unfortunately for you it will take a long, long period of consistently civil behavior before people will forget your past insults. Every time you "shoot back" you remind people of why they formed that negative opinion about you and reinforce their dislike of you. You think you're defending yourself, but you're really hurting your reputation even more.

If you want to become popular, or at least not hated, around here, you are going to have to accept that people are going to remember your past slights and frequently remind you of them. I think your best move would be to try deflecting them with humor.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »

I don't know how old you are, Sven but you remind me A LOT of my early posts on this board from back when I was in high school.
I look back on those posts and cringe so hard. Bad grammar, very pretentious, and nothing remotely insightful to be gleamed from any post.
I have a habit of obsessing over every time I've ever embarrassed myself and my low point was making a really dumb, nonsensical joke that was so bad that people didn't know I was joking and got offended. I've grown up since then and I haven't accidentally offended anyone on this board recently so I must be doing something right.

I'm an atheist too. I won't skirt around the issue that I think religion is ridiculous. And just because I think Indy believes something silly doesn't mean I can't be cordial with him.
But it speaks very badly of your personality when your response to criticism is to use an ad hominal attack that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.
If you're going to post here you need to grow up and think of logical responses to accusations. But you also need to be ready to apologize if those accusations are true and you can't defend them.
I'm not going to blame you for Chef leaving. If I'm being entirely honest I think Chef is being a little ridiculous by leaving over one user being annoying.

Do you not see the issue with retorting with "At least I don't"? Instead of actually addressing the criticisms you just jump to an ad hominem IMMEDIATELY.
You may as well just call Indy a stinky doo-doo head if you're going to go this route.

I noticed that your email is "Logickedrules". I don't think Logicked would be impressed by someone that is so willing to use the ad hominem fallacy so quickly.
You aren't smart just because you listen to atheists on YouTube.
THIS is why you remind me of a younger AJ so much. I thought I was hot s**t just because I watched atheist YouTubers and thought I knew how "logic" works.
When you immediately jump to atheistic arguments when it has nothing to do with the conversation I don't see how that makes you seem less dogmatic.
I do not see the difference between s**tting on people JUST for being religious and s**tting on people because they're "infidels".

If you want to have intelligent discussions on this board then it's time to grow up. But if you'd rather be super childish and toxic then I think you'd be better off
on 4Chan. And for the love of all things good please check your grammar before posting. I can't understand you half the time.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 07:14:35 PM »

Sven, nobody here wants your opinion on religion.  Nobody thinks your smarter, morally superior, more enlightened or whatever you're trying to pass yourself off as.  You just come off as an ass. 

We already know your opinion on religion so you can shut up about it now.   

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 09:12:53 PM »

Apparently he overlooked the other part or my comment, where I said that he was all right some of the time.
But I may have been wrong about that anyway.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  SEE YOU AROUND.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.