Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:03 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Devils of darkness 1965. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Devils of darkness 1965.  (Read 8945 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 31, 2019, 03:54:11 AM »

Made by a small British production company thast tried to imitate hammer studios, and had a couple decent films to its name like "island of terror" and "island of the burning damned",  the former had peter cushing and the latter had him and the other half of the deadly duo,  christipher Lee.

This company made 7 films in its  brief life,  and devils of darkness  isn't a good one. A mish mash of witchcraft,  vampires,  gypsies,  a golden bat magic talisman and whatnot, it tries to be a hammer vampire movie and fails. Lee nor cushing we're in this and the actors they got in it are not in their league.

The head of the vampire cult wears a solid,  lurid red cape which looks laughable. Much of this movie tries to capture the atmosphere of a hammer movie,  which  the  company did in a couple movies,  but mostly just fails.

Dull,  unoriginal, badly acted and above all else dull, this movie is really not bad enough to be good and is just bad. And did I mention it was dull?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 11:28:56 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 11:04:19 PM »

Why do I get the impression you hit Wikipedia before you post these book reports?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »

Because nyou  have a pathetic urge to take a petty spiteful dump on my posts because you are a negging troll.

FYI I did look up the producer because it struck me they were  trying to do films like hammer and found out the production company did just that but made a couple good movies.

And yes I watched it on cable before looking it up. That only let me confirm what I suspected and made my review of a really dull little hammer wanna be film more accurate.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 12:36:37 AM »

Aww, no, Sven, I was complimenting you on the fact you did research. How could you not take that away from what I wrote? Really, man, you must disabuse yourself of this persecution complex.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Devils of darkness 1965. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.