Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:24:33 AM
714199 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Private Parts (1997) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Private Parts (1997)  (Read 3462 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: August 07, 2019, 08:18:17 PM »

This was one of the many movies Jackie dragged me kicking and screaming to see in college, in those days when her back was still strong enough to drag a skinnier person somewhere against her absolute will and consent, and it turned out I liked seeing it, and she didn't because she said it was "all about an a***ole trying to convince us he's lovable while dealing with insecurities about his small manhood by not shutting up about it."

I said, "It wasn't either."

She said, "It was."

I think we could have kept that up all night, was/wasn't, was/wasn't, but finally I didn't reply back and she thought she'd won, something I swear to God I've never done since.

I saw it again nine nights ago and thought I'd review it, so this is what I want to say:

Some of the plot I'd rate an A, but ironically those were the public bits, not the titular private parts, though some of the titular scenes didn't sag, so all in all the movie cups out at a firm and often uplifting B.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »

The Howard Stern movie?

If so, it's really good.  Allegedly they wanted Jeff Goldblum to play Howard.  But he somehow convinced them to let him be himself.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:22:03 PM »

Was there a sequel to this called "Major Woody"?

(Beavis and butthead joke)

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 11:35:55 PM »

I've seen most of it and was not terribly impressed, but then I've never liked Howard Stern that much.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 12:40:55 AM »

I'm not a fan of stern either,  but I respect him. When bill Clinton bot elected a few people  took pathetic shots at his 13 year old daughter Chelsea. That  blob of toxic excrrment calling itself rush limbaugh publicly referred to her as a "dog" and SNL made a skit mocking her.

Howard stern came out and told everybody she was a 13 year old girl,  so KNOCK IT OFF!!!  

SNL apologized and admitted it went too far.  The blob claimed it did not imply she was a dog and was the victim of a liberal smear campaign despite the fact it's despicable act was seen on nationwide tv and documented.

I respected stern as a person for coming out and telling the media on both the right and  the left to cease and desist their pathetic,  cowardly and vile attacks on a 13 year old girl. I never got into his show,  never watched his movies but always respected him as a man.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 12:44:20 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 11:46:48 PM »

Yeah, I seen it back in the day. Never liked Howard Stern. I only watched it because me brother in law Leroy's wife Corky wanted to see it. None of us really thought it was much. That's when it came out on vhs. Before Leroy went to prison. 1999?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 12:05:36 AM »

I saw it in the movies with an old friend, a long time STERN fan who even went to Newark, NJ on New Year's Eve to see STERN... roll out on stage on a toilet...  BounceGiggle Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 09:44:16 AM »

I saw it in the movies with an old friend, a long time STERN fan who even went to Newark, NJ on New Year's Eve to see STERN... roll out on stage on a toilet...  BounceGiggle Lookingup

Stern had the right idea for a superhero movie.

Small | Large

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »

I could take or leave Howard Stern back in the day -- living in the NY Metro area, he was pretty much inescapable for much of the '90s cuz he was at his peak of popularity, and lots of my friends were fanboys.

I saw the movie with a couple of my pals and even though I didn't expect to like it much, I thought it was a fun movie. I've never felt particularly compelled to revisit it, however...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 12:33:01 PM »

I could take or leave Howard Stern back in the day -- living in the NY Metro area, he was pretty much inescapable for much of the '90s cuz he was at his peak of popularity, and lots of my friends were fanboys.

I saw the movie with a couple of my pals and even though I didn't expect to like it much, I thought it was a fun movie. I've never felt particularly compelled to revisit it, however...
'zackly

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 09:39:49 PM »

I was a huge stern fan. the movie is great and the overall theme, why, if they had a guy who was popular, did they try to stop him from doing his thing, is prescient.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 01:10:31 PM »

I gotta say, though, I loved the prank calls!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 08:50:45 PM »

the one where he listened to the tapes of Judy Garland she made for her biography are amazing."fie on you and your poison pen!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Private Parts (1997) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.