Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:09:13 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies you have introduced people to. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movies you have introduced people to.  (Read 3671 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 08, 2019, 07:59:28 PM »

Last night I loaned a pal shin godzilla and Lifeforce. I made sure to tell him to make sure he was alone withthe door locked when watch Lifeforce because he didn't want his wife to catch him spanking to it, and he would be spanking to it. I also told him to make sure his idiot teens didn't get hold of it unless  he wanted to clean stains off the ceiling.

So those are two good movies I introduced someone who had never seen them to. What movies have you personally introduced someone toss opposed to recommending over the net?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 08:47:15 PM »

Quite a few, actually.

SUCKER PUNCH
ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS ZOMBIES

And I got a LOT of people to watch GRAVE ENCOUNTERS when it first came out.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 09:13:07 PM »

Last night I loaned a pal shin godzilla and Lifeforce. I made sure to tell him to make sure he was alone withthe door locked when watch Lifeforce because he didn't want his wife to catch him spanking to it, and he would be spanking to it. I also told him to make sure his idiot teens didn't get hold of it unless  he wanted to clean stains off the ceiling.

So those are two good movies I introduced someone who had never seen them to. What movies have you personally introduced someone toss opposed to recommending over the net?

Whoa-waitaminnit- you jerk off to LIFEFORCE? Ain't that the Tobe Hopper space vampire movie?
Dam. That's really sad.  Bluesad
That post should be in the "Sad things that happened in your life" thread.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:16:26 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 09:31:32 PM »

I lost count of how many people I introduced to Rock N Roll High School when I was in college. We used to have "midnight showings" of it in the dorm lounge area ala "Rocky Horror."

At my last workplace I turned one of the young twenty-somethings in my office on to a lot my old grindhouse-y favorites like Horror Express, Nightmare City, Creature, C.H.U.D., etc. He called me his "movie Sensei," haha. I felt proud that I'd converted him from.a mainstream-horror guy into a fellow classic trash hound.

When I got Star Crash on DVD a few years ago, I loaned it to my brother, who'd never seen it. He texted me the next day to say it was "so horrible that I just ordered my own copy from Amazon," haha
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:36:07 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 09:37:10 PM »

Old Godzilla movies to my kids. They're in their 20's now, and they still watch them.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 10:57:50 PM »

Probably 10 years ago, I introduced my old friend Scott to LARRY BUCHANAN's "IT'S ALIVE!" (1969 aka nobody ever gets the stupid title right).  I had just watched it a few days before on IFC and there it was again, and I  urged my friend to look at the epic turd.  We laughed!!!   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Archivist

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 01:19:42 AM »

Last night I loaned a pal shin godzilla and Lifeforce. I made sure to tell him to make sure he was alone withthe door locked when watch Lifeforce because he didn't want his wife to catch him spanking to it, and he would be spanking to it. I also told him to make sure his idiot teens didn't get hold of it unless  he wanted to clean stains off the ceiling.

Mathilda May in Lifeforce. Ohhhh yeahhhh.

Movies I've personally introduced to people:

- Fist of Legend - shown to three different friends and relatives. Always a good response.

- Equilibrium - shown to two different friends. Both of them independently said, 'if you were a chick, I would kiss you!'

- The Count Of Monte Cristo (Jeff Cavaziel version) - decent response from then-girlfriend, good response from later girlfriend

- The Village - M Night Shayamalan. This didn't go too well. I thought it was fun as heck, but my then-girlfriend didn't at all. She found it depressing and horrible. No sex that night, either. Oh well.

- Inception - introduced to more recent girlfriend. She liked it!

- Up In The Air (George Clooney dark comedy/romance) - recent girlfriend liked it, too.

- Source Code (sci fi movie) - recent girlfriend. Good response.

- Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - recent girlfriend. Good response.

- Twins Of Evil - shown to a friend who was into vampires and hot women. Very good response, hahaha.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 05:57:16 AM »

I introduced many people to SUPER TROOPERS, my favorite comedy of all times. Sadly, not a single one of them liked it, to the point I actually gave up and just keep it to myself.

Nobody understands our love.  Bluesad

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 08:01:51 AM »

AFTER LAST SEASON. I've loaned out my very rare DVD copy twice to people who were curious.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 09:02:03 AM »

AFTER LAST SEASON. I've loaned out my very rare DVD copy twice to people who were curious.

How many enemies have you made so far?

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 11:32:27 AM »

My stepson Jim, I showed him old Bela Lugosi movies.
He's insane now. He thinks the Earth is flat. Not joking. He's gone, man.  Bluesad
I don't think Lugosi has anything to do with it, though.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 01:18:35 PM »

How many enemies have you made so far?

None. I know who to offer it to. I had to really get on one guy to return it... I think he was hoping I would forget about it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 07:37:37 PM »

Manos: The Hands of Fate, Troll 2, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Robot Monster, A Clockwork Orange, Airheads, Battlefield Earth, North, The Beast of Yucca Flats, Highlander, Robot Monster, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Glen or Glenda, Bride of the Monster, Birdemic: Shock and Terror, The Room, Hobgoblins

a ton more I can't remember

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »

Manos: The Hands of Fate, Troll 2, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Robot Monster, A Clockwork Orange, Airheads, Battlefield Earth, North, The Beast of Yucca Flats, Highlander, Robot Monster, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Glen or Glenda, Bride of the Monster, Birdemic: Shock and Terror, The Room, Hobgoblins

a ton more I can't remember

Could you memory problems be related to all the blows to the head you've no doubt sustained? Wink

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »

* Back in the 1980s, I introduced A CHRISTMAS STORY to one of my best friends. We watched it together many times and quoted it frequently.

* In junior high school I told a classmate about ERASERHEAD. A few days later, he told me he rented the tape, watched it, and immediately rewound it and watched it again.

* A CLOCKWORK ORANGE - I rented it when I got my first VCR (Beta format!) A couple of classmates came over to my house several times after school  to watch it. We must have watched it together at least 5 times in about 2 weeks.   

* PINK FLAMINGOS - I was hanging around with friends on a weekend night and I brought this videotape with me. After a couple hours of drinking, we popped it in the VCR. Most of the crowd thought it was hilarious. Others . . . not so much.

* DEATH RACE 2000 - Similar to A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (see above), it was one of my first video rentals and a couple friends watched it repeatedly with me.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies you have introduced people to. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.