Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:42:39 AM
714324 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I don't think I like reddit « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I don't think I like reddit  (Read 2241 times)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 08, 2019, 03:03:45 PM »

I recently joined reddit and there’s so much and so many people it gives me anxiety.  I don’t get why boards/categories are called subreddits, I guess it’s just their naming convention, but it sounds like how starbucks renamed small, medium, and large just to be douches (can I say that word?).  I’m not even thinking about posting anything because it would be like farting in the wind.  I haven’t read a whole lot but from what I have read, there are so many responses telling the poster to post to a different subreddit they think is more appropriate… there are countless subreddits and growing, how the heck is someone supposed to be aware of all of them all the time?

Is anyone else on reddit?  Am I just getting old and not "with it"?

Also, I’m not cheating on you guys, I’m trying to use reddit as a means to softly promote a youtube channel.  This place is like Cheers and reddit is like the mall.  I didn’t really watch Cheers, but the theme song tells me what it’s all about.  Plus Kirstie Alley and Shelley Long remind me of each other  kind of like Gary Busey and Nick Nolte. 

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 03:32:05 PM »

I feel like a lot of people very strongly dislike reddit. Basically, anyone that doesn't use it seems to hate it.

That said, I am in a small minority of people that absolutely adores reddit. I go there more than any other website on the internet.
Yeah, I've run into a***oles there but that's inevitable on all social websites. I like making posts and seeing my karma go up.
I get a little upset over getting downvoted and not knowing why, though. It drives me insane.

But in general, I use it more than any other social media site. I hate Facebook and I've never touched Instagram (And don't want to).

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 07:07:39 PM »

I've never explored reddit

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 07:16:35 PM »

I read a couple of reddits occasionally (for local restaurant recomendations, for example) but I doubt I would ever post there.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Paquita

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 09:29:48 PM »

I feel like a lot of people very strongly dislike reddit. Basically, anyone that doesn't use it seems to hate it.

That said, I am in a small minority of people that absolutely adores reddit. I go there more than any other website on the internet.
Yeah, I've run into a***oles there but that's inevitable on all social websites. I like making posts and seeing my karma go up.
I get a little upset over getting downvoted and not knowing why, though. It drives me insane.

But in general, I use it more than any other social media site. I hate Facebook and I've never touched Instagram (And don't want to).

There is a lot of interesting stuff out there, but it's kind of a rabbit hole (can I say that here? ha!)   I'm happy to know that I'm not an idiot though and there's really no way to tell why or by whom you were up or down-voted.   I don't do facebook or instagram either.  Although I did sign up for twitter and quickly realized I will be doing little to nothing there.

Question - Is there a way for other people to tell what subreddits I have joined?  Or just moderators?  I am nervous about joining something like "nose pickers club" and then having other people outside that subreddit stereotype me as a nose picker and use it against me even if I haven't posted anything proclaiming that I pick my nose.  Just a hypothetical example, don't get any ideas.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 10:37:48 PM »

I've never even checked it out.  I am very active on FB, Twitter, and Instagram.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
crector
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 01:06:40 AM »

I've never tried Reddit and from what I've heard, it doesn't sound like I'm missing much.
AoTFan

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 04:55:30 PM »

I'm on a couple of reddit boards here and there, I mainly post to ones related to Photoshop requesting and restoration.  It's both interesting and depressing, as it's so easy to get swallowed up in all the goings on you feel whatever you're saying doesn't really make much of an impact.  I suppose though it really depends on what boards you go and post to as I've heard of some people making very close friendships there.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 05:01:54 PM »

I never checked it out either.I go here, my blog which I post on all the time  (shameless plug-I have almost 16,000 fans now!), and the Classic Horror Film Board, which I haven't posted on in almost a year.
That's it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »

If reddit bothers you, you might want to stay away from buzzfeed.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 08:27:38 PM »

Never joined reddit, but I check it out every once in a while because  a few creators I know post there.  Stuff for video games, movies etc.  The only major social media site I have is facebook, and honestly I don't post to it very much.

Don't follow anyone famous on it, just a few friends and out of state family.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I don't think I like reddit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.