Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:26:01 PM
714373 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Happiest Day Of Your Life « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Happiest Day Of Your Life  (Read 5047 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: September 11, 2019, 08:49:08 AM »

Eighteen years ago was a terrible day, but if someone asked what the happiest day of your life was, what would you say?

Excluding the easy answer, like the day you got married or the day your children were born, do you have any idea when you were happiest?

I remember being very happy one Sunday in 1994 sitting on a tall hillside with someone watching boats go by on the river after being left home alone all weekend, and I think maybe, certainly to that point, I was happier then than I ever was.

In this world of sadness it's good to remember happiness.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 10:20:22 AM »

The day I, after years of beubg abused,  tormented and bullied by it, was physically attacked by my half brother for the last time. Until then it'd always beaten me because it was 5 years older.

That time it ended up on the floor crying "Get 'I'm off me! Get 'I'm off me!"

It never physically attacked me again.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »

The day I, after years of beubg abused,  tormented and bullied by it, was physically attacked by my half brother for the last time. Until then it'd always beaten me because it was 5 years older.

That's sad. I hope someday you'll have a happier experience to look back on.

Mine was probably a first date who unexpectedly stayed the night. The relationship was troubled but wow, that first night was magic.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 12:16:39 PM »

God my life is so much cooler than yours!  Thumbup

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 12:41:38 PM »

When I was hitchhiking threw Pennsylvania in the mountains in 1979 after I ran from home. No money.
 I felt so free.  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 01:05:33 PM »

To be honest, I don't think I was ever really happy. Maybe some moments with bursts of happiness but nothing permanent? Let's see...

When Blind Guardian came to my city it was a pretty epic night. Bands rarely come to my city since it's not the capital.
That time I went to see Rhapsody of Fire and had a chat with Luca Turilli, even got a couple of pictures with him. What a cool guy he is.
The David Gilmour concert in 2016, awesome. I went with my parents and brothers, it was crazy.
The night I went to see the Warcraft movie really changed my perspective of life.

That's pretty much it.  Drink

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »

Perhaps when my Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series back-to-back in '92-'93.  I remember exactly where I was both times.  At my sister's house (with her cats driving my allergies nuts) and then at my folks' house with my brother after karate practice.  We both love the Blue Jays so we were pretty damn happy.

Also, maybe when I got my first (and present) house 8 years ago.  Apartment living was bad for my allergies.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 01:49:00 PM »

I been really happy most of the time lately.
I got my kids and Tiana and we own our home (really small-built in 1940).
But it's ours.
My kids are grown up. I still see them almost every other day. They got families too. I  retired at the age of 54 because of multiple heart surgries. I thought I was gonna die. I was was ready for it. But I'm still here. 3 years later I'm still alive.
Yeah- I can't complain one bit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:51:51 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »

Perhaps when my Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series back-to-back in '92-'93.  I remember exactly where I was both times.  At my sister's house (with her cats driving my allergies nuts) and then at my folks' house with my brother after karate practice.  We both love the Blue Jays so we were pretty damn happy.

Also, maybe when I got my first (and present) house 8 years ago.  Apartment living was bad for my allergies.

I can understand not living in an apartment. I rented many houses and trailers too, in my life.
I owned a couple (as in 2) before the place I have now.
Apartment living is the worst. The neighbors screaming at each other with baby's crying! Folks playing loud music, so you have to jam on the most crazy Black Flag album you own just to blow him away. Actually- I kinda liked it in the  80's and 90's, because these cheap ply board and dry wall pieces of s**t in back of town the size of Mayberry were filled with good folks. It was the Lawton Ghetto! PWT* and Mexicans. ( I was in the PWT catagory) We all got along. It was just that stupid people would be around and do stupid s**t. And I would respond in stupid ways. And get arrested.I hated getting arrested. But it never scared me. I thought- " This should be interesting!" I can't say I was ever scared when I was on my own, by myself.

*Poor White Trash
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:30:45 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 05:37:22 PM »

Two come to mind . . . one was my birthday, back in 2005.
I took the day off work at lunchtime, went arrowhead hunting and found 14 whole points, including two Paleo pieces, then came home, got my bath, went out to eat at my favorite restaurant, and then came home and spent the evening with my wife.

The other was my first full day in Israel, back in March 2016.  Walking by the Sea of Galilee, touring my first Roman ruin, eating lunch by a babbling brook on the slopes of Mount Hermon, and then prowling multiple ancient sites that afternoon - followed by walking through the shops and bazaars in the city of Tiberias.  WONDERFUL day!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »

October 31st, 1970, Saturday.  I had my new store-bought Frankenstein costume.  I had a cool Trick or Treat bag with a paper cord handle and ran around and ran around our dining room table.  My mother was amused by my glee and laughed at me.  I'm pretty sure the movie FRANKENSTEIN was the feature that noon on Creature Features.  I later slipped out and ran blocks and blocks away from our house into neighborhoods I didn't know trick or treating alone in the bright afternoon.  Our trick or treat rule had always been proclaimed by our mother: "Not until dark!"  Hard to imagine kids today having the kind of freedom I had.  Happy day. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 09:03:03 PM »

^ I can dig the freedom of Halloween back in the day. We just wandered everywhere.  No parents in sight.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 09:20:19 PM »

October 31st, 1970, Saturday.  I had my new store-bought Frankenstein costume.  I had a cool Trick or Treat bag with a paper cord handle and ran around and ran around our dining room table.  My mother was amused by my glee and laughed at me.  I'm pretty sure the movie FRANKENSTEIN was the feature that noon on Creature Features.  I later slipped out and ran blocks and blocks away from our house into neighborhoods I didn't know trick or treating alone in the bright afternoon.  Our trick or treat rule had always been proclaimed by our mother: "Not until dark!"  Hard to imagine kids today having the kind of freedom I had.  Happy day. 

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 09:51:54 PM »

I was thinking of another good day, a specific day that was very happy but entirely different from the nice memory of being on the hilltop I wrote about earlier. The hilltop was gentle and nice, this other one was crazy-scary and much of the overwhelming happiness I felt came from the fact it was over.

Did you ever do anything dangerous, as in truly life-threateningly hazardous, not sure you're going to come through it, but you do, and when it's truly behind you the feeling is intoxicating euphoria?

I was remembering one particular time that fits that description, and the sensation after was so amazing I actually understood the addiction daredevils an soldiers and tightrope-walking risk takers get when they reach that moment, and how it would draw them to terrifying deeds just so they could experience it.

In my case that day I couldn't top smiling and giggling all goofy and silly I felt so happy to go from the fear and adrenaline into the glow of relief that it was done, I was safe again.

It did make for a happy day.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 10:16:45 PM »

Did you ever do anything dangerous, as in truly life-threateningly hazardous, not sure you're going to come through it, but you do, and when it's truly behind you the feeling is intoxicating euphoria?
It did make for a happy day.

Yes, I remember climbing onto the roof of the Alexander Lodge in Spring Lake, NJ out of the third floor window and up the shingled eave at an 85 degree angle, above the concrete driveway / port, so I could walk at the "widow's walk" (really a wrought iron painted ornament) on top of the building.  My older sister led the way, bold as she was.  My other brother and baby sister declined if I remember right.  I wasn't scared of nothing! 

To quote ER : "It did make for a happy day." 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Happiest Day Of Your Life « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.