Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:52:00 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So AJ and Indy, is this referenced in Hamilton? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So AJ and Indy, is this referenced in Hamilton?  (Read 1562 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 19, 2019, 02:56:43 PM »

WASHINGTON — The Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History announced this morning that they have acquired the original trap card used by Vice President Aaron Burr to defeat Alexander Hamilton in their Yu-Gi-Oh! duel in Weehawken, New Jersey, on July 11th, 1804.

“Burr and Hamilton’s fateful Yu-Gi-Oh! duel is an unforgettable moment in the early history of our nation, and we are grateful to be able to preserve the card that sealed the Treasury Secretary’s fate,” said curator Heather Milgrom, who helped to design the new exhibition featuring the holographic “Ultra Rare Mirror Force” that Burr used to destroy Hamilton’s “Black Luster Soldier,” drop his life points to zero, and banish him to the Shadow Realm. The card was discovered within a binder at a yard sale held by a descendant of the Vice President and purchased for an undisclosed sum.

The 1st Edition Mirror Force, which is splattered with dirt and blood and received a card grading of “Heavy Play,” will be on display at the museum beginning next week alongside other artifacts from the duel, including Hamilton’s play mat and deck box.

Representatives from the Smithsonian say they expect attendance numbers to surge, and they have even decided to move other displays such as Ulysses S. Grant’s chair from Appomattox and Abraham Lincoln’s top hat into storage to accommodate the expected increase of attendees in the exhibition space.

American history enthusiasts say they are excited to view the card on display.

“I’m really excited to take my students to see the exhibit,” said Jason McDade, a Washington, D.C. high school history teacher. “I think a lot of my students can’t easily relate to historical figures, but seeing the exact Yu-Gi-Oh! cards they used during duels in their day-to-day lives can really humanize the founding fathers. I’m even planning an activity for the kids where we build our own version of Burr and Hamilton’s decks and recreate their duel in class. They’re all really excited about it.”

Milgrom hopes the new acquisition will eventually become the centerpiece of an entire new collection for the museum after they complete ongoing restoration work on a recently acquired assortment of 16th century Beyblades owned by colonial children.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 01:29:32 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 04:20:46 PM »

Why do you haveta single out Indy?  Bluesad
I love Hamilton too!

Yes, this was in the play. It was in Act II, after the song "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story".  Wink

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 05:51:50 PM »

I must have missed that part!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 06:05:54 PM »

Don't  feel bad. Most people  don't know that  franklin was so ahead of his time he came to the signing of the constitution in his Tesla.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 01:29:08 AM »

Why do you haveta single out Indy?  Bluesad
I love Hamilton too!

Yes, this was in the play. It was in Act II, after the song "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story".  Wink

Indy was the only one I could recall really mentioning this show but i will retitle the thread just for you. :)

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So AJ and Indy, is this referenced in Hamilton? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.