Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:57:51 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ghost Hunters « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ghost Hunters  (Read 7027 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: September 26, 2019, 12:34:19 PM »

I see Ghost Hunters is back on A&E now instead of SYFY, and with a new cast except for Grant "wire up his sleeve on live TV" Wilson. Ghost Hunters is one of those shows I watch while I run on the treadmill (about the only time I watch TV is when I treadmill) and I'll think man, this is so fake (jogjogjog) man, this is an insult to intelligence (jogjogjog) man, every bit of "evidence" they gather is of the most readily faked variety (jogjogjog) man, so it's over, where they going next week (jogjogjog) man, I want to watch that!

In fairness it does have some cool settings. (Man.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 12:44:19 PM »

Not quite as stupid as FINDING BIGFOOT- in which a bunch of  morons run around in the woods screaming with a TV crew...and this is supposed to attract a mythical ape man.  Finding Bigfoot is the one thing they don't do! They couldn't find their ass with both hands!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:49:06 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 10:10:51 PM »

I thought the first few seasons of Ghost Hunters was better when like 80% of the time they didn't' catch anything relevant and it felt more believable.  And then a bunch of turds started working for them and the show got kind of stupid.  There's a show on Amazon Prime (I think it's still free) called "Great British Ghosts"  it's kind of poorly edited together, for example, the host is a woman and some of the episodes are narrated by her and others by a man speaking as though he is her.  BUT!  I really love this show, it's not a ghost hunting show, it's just this woman travelling to these beautiful historic places that are reported to be haunted and talking about it with the people that live or work there.  I just think it's really pretty.

Finding Bigfoot was hilarious.  I totally stole the "this place looks squatchy" line from it.  I do have to give them credit though, if they actually were camping for the number of days and in the conditions shown (almost always raining, super cold, etc.), that's some pretty hardcore camping.

claws
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »

Not quite as stupid as FINDING BIGFOOT- in which a bunch of  morons run around in the woods screaming with a TV crew...and this is supposed to attract a mythical ape man.  Finding Bigfoot is the one thing they don't do! They couldn't find their ass with both hands!

The series was doomed right from the beginning, because footage of a Bigfoot would have been reported long before any of those episodes aired.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 11:23:57 PM by claws » Logged
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 06:52:45 AM »

The whole bigfoot thing is retarded from the go. Why these people believe there's just one member of a whole species running around in the forests? It needs hundreds if not thousands of other companions in order to reproduce and survive, and if that were the case we would've seen them a long time ago. Not to mention: nobody ever found hair or any kind of compelling evidence in decades.
If it were just one member it would've died a long time ago, just by the passing of time alone because this nonsense is around since like forever.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 11:38:40 PM »

It's not TV, it's on YouTube, but I found the channel OmarGoshTV to be entertaining in much the same way. They don't find much aside from the occasional door opening by itself, hanging lights or chandeliers being pulled in one direction, bumps or taps against the walls or windows, etc. It's narrated and hosted by a guy named Omar who does a lot of talking into the camera and "OH MY GOD WHAT WAS THAT" camera spins, but he does visit a lot of interesting locations all around Americana with the occasional trip up to Canada. They also spend a lot of time visiting abandoned prisons, mental hospitals, and water tunnels and/or aqueducts. I guess what I find entertaining about it the most is that Omar keeps talking as though you the viewer are walking right next to him as they explore these odd locations. Best of all, it's free on YouTube so you can watch it whenever you want.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 07:15:16 AM »

The channel Sir Spooks it's kinda cool, he uploads compilations of homemade "ghosts" videos, which are usually very rare. Most of them are terrible, as you expect, but the channel is fun and original, since the videos are really, really obscure, and the guy has a kickass voice.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 01:18:57 AM »

It's not TV, it's on YouTube, but I found the channel OmarGoshTV to be entertaining in much the same way. They don't find much aside from the occasional door opening by itself, hanging lights or chandeliers being pulled in one direction, bumps or taps against the walls or windows, etc. It's narrated and hosted by a guy named Omar who does a lot of talking into the camera and "OH MY GOD WHAT WAS THAT" camera spins, but he does visit a lot of interesting locations all around Americana with the occasional trip up to Canada. They also spend a lot of time visiting abandoned prisons, mental hospitals, and water tunnels and/or aqueducts. I guess what I find entertaining about it the most is that Omar keeps talking as though you the viewer are walking right next to him as they explore these odd locations. Best of all, it's free on YouTube so you can watch it whenever you want.

Oh I watch Omar Gosh!  Ha!  I think he might have done more haunted exploring in his older videos.  He's totally just a dude with a camera that loves ghosts but I don't think we'll be getting any real thrills from his videos.  Though he did a recent video in an old hotel that I thought was lovely.  I got all wrapped up in his life drama with his divorce and now engagement to a woman living hundreds of miles away from him.  That guy is living his best life.  I'm a little jealous.

I think I've seen Sir Spooks too but I don't recall watching him recently.  There's a channel I watch called LordanArts that's mostly true crime these days (really good if you're into that), but he does have some older videos where he's really deeply reviewing some famous supposed ghost videos.  Most of the time he proves them to be faked, but he goes at it in a really respectful way and doesn't try to be a nay-sayer.  I think he's really looking for evidence he can't disprove. 

I also like ObsoleteOddity for YouTube scary stuff.   He usually narrates creepy stories, and then rambles on for a while (I think he's a bit older).  I think he lives in Switzerland, or close to it, and sometimes he goes to and films really beautiful old places like and antique stores and stuff.. he's got a couple recent videos where he was able to go into an abandoned hotel in Germany.. pretty cool.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 08:10:29 PM »

my favorite episode was when they fully captured the ghost and it explained everything about life and death and time
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 12:05:18 PM »

The first time I saw "Finding Bigfoot" I couldn't believe it was a serious show. I thought for sure that it had to be a parody of "supernatural" handy-cam shows and that all of those guys were playing characters. I was like "there's NO WAY that this can be real." Haha

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »

It's all self-serving presumptuous horse hockey.  Yet, Ancient Aliens takes the cake!  

Small | Large

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:42:18 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 01:20:15 PM »

I do think the series Rob Lowe did with his sons where they went out to scary places and investigated was all real and I enjoyed it. I think if anyone on any of those shows encountered a real ghost/UFO/Bigfoot they wouldn't begin to know what to do.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ghost Hunters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.