Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:33:09 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  COMIC BOOKS « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: COMIC BOOKS  (Read 48966 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: December 14, 2019, 05:27:21 AM »

Do you like comics?

I buy alot of Sgt.Fury comics from the 60's.
Back when I was a kid, I bought comics every chance I had. That and monster movie mags...I still do.

I'm looking at this one now.

I know it's odd that I like war comics I reckon- but I do. I have lots of Sgt.Fury and Sgt.Rock.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 06:00:45 AM »

I guess I outgrew comic books. They were great when I was a kid. I think the last comic book I bought was Superman vs. Muhammad Ali.
That said, I'd be interested in reading vintage comic books. When I was in Paris (France) years ago we went to some book store of sort. There I found a book with a collection of comic book/art by some French comic book writer that illustrated his work from the late 1960s to 1970s. It was pulp/horror/sleaze with a touch of S&M. Would've been a great coffee table book. I still regret not buying it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:19:59 AM by claws » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 08:19:35 AM »

I have a lot of British comics from the 80's and 90's, which alas don't have a lot of collectors value but I like them. Got several collections of older collected works, mostly horror type comic strips like Tale of the Zombie or Hookjaw. I like to keep an eye out for something with Axl Pressbutton being reissued but no joy so far.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 10:01:42 AM »

I had a few Comics here and there however what I really what is those scary comics from the 70s I have a few on my eBay wish list probably going to grab them next year

Spooky famous monsters and such  Thumbup

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 12:19:42 PM »

Been reading comics since about the mid-to-late 90's.  (A time when a lot of people say comics where at their worst). 

Mostly super heroes, especially Green Lantern.

I do like Eric Powell's The Goon and his recent series Hillbilly, which can be described as Conan the Barbarian set in early 19th century Appalachia.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 08:29:05 PM »

Love comics.

Mostly into Marvel titles.  Doctor Strange, Howard the Duck, Hulk. 

The Mask comic from Dark Horse was insane, loved that. 

Ninja Turtles.  A whole bunch of comics really.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 05:45:31 PM »

I love comics. I have about 12 long boxes full of them (actually, a very small collection compared to most collectors). My sweet spot is comics that were published prior to 1990 (most of my collection is 1960s and 70s). I prefer Marvel, but I've been building a pretty decent DC collection in recent years: Justice League of America, Green Lantern, The Flash, The Atom, Action, Superman, Batman, Detective, Brave and the Bold, Teen Titans, Phantom Stranger . . . just about anything.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
chainsaw midget

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 08:39:37 AM »

I'm mostly a Marvel guy and the 80s and 90s were my era.  I really started getting out of it about the time they launched the New Avengers and everything turned into decompressed events. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 04:15:40 PM »

I just won this on ebay for $17.19 ! I know it's in s**t shape...but I don't care!

It's Jack Kirby!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 06:27:38 AM »

Some of my latest acquisitions...

Sgt.Fury King Size #3-1967

Giant Size Dracula #3-1974

Tales to Astonish #67-1965

Where Monsters Dwell #7- 1971

Our Army At War with Sgt.Rock #246-1972

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:31:01 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 01:29:03 AM »

Yea I have some comics. I need to get back into reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman series.
Been reading comics since about the mid-to-late 90's.  (A time when a lot of people say comics where at their worst). 

It's usually the early to mid 90's that they were at their worst imo. For Marvel it was longer, DC got lucky with some of the best stories coming from the mid to late 90's. Image Comics was the new kid in town, and it's flagship comic, Youngblood, had so many delays between issues that it became a joke.

yeah no.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 07:49:35 PM »

Sweet finds!

But yes, I love comics.

These days I read a lot of graphic novels and comic book collections.

I really love Swamp Thing, both vintage and when Alan Moore took over. Also the new horror/supernatural series, Gideon Falls is really good. I also really enjoy Vampirella, any era of that one really, and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

Some of my favorite graphic novels are Black Hole, The Watchmen, and Maus.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 11:07:51 AM »

I recently finished a read through of ... most of the original Hellblazer series. 

Wonderful stuff, except for the final few years when they introduced a spunky young girl with blue hair as a new love interested and had John marry her.  The series went straight to hell at that point, and not like the good times when the characters would actually go to hell. 

So I skipped ahead to the final issue.  I've checked multiple message boards and nobody can quite figure out what happened in that issue. 

Oh well.     

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 12:28:46 PM »

I just started re-reading my Amazing Adventures: War of the Worlds/Killraven collection again. It started out as a great series, but the excitement fizzled out and they never even put any closure to the story. The series just ended with a strange, surreal final issue.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 11:48:34 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  COMIC BOOKS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.