Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:06:48 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER (2019) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER (2019)  (Read 13328 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 03:13:36 AM »

Every single one of JJ's movies should be posted in "Bad movies" forum. 

This was nothing more than a re re hashing of previous Star Wars stories. JJ offered nothing new to the Saga what so ever.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2020, 02:11:58 PM »

I didn't like it at all. The whole thing lacked... purpose, for lack of a better word. Pretty much everything that happened seemd random to me, something I already noticed in the previous film. I mean, even the George Lucas prequels had a plot, how difficult can it be? Even SW videogames have better plots than this new trilogy.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 02:57:30 PM »

The next trilogy in December 2022, 2024, and 2026.
Timeline: Old Republic
What we know: it is nice to be wanted. Originating with the showrunners from Game of Thrones. They had to step away from the project, as they are too busy making shows for Netflix. Though, the idea will continue.
What we do not know: Who will take over.
What we do know: it will not be Rian Johnson nor Dave Filoni. Both of whom are working on their own trilogies for Lucas Films.

Despite the controversy swirling around, or, because of it, Star Wars : the Rise of Skywalker is expected to soon gross over $1B on the international boxoffice. Even taking into acoount inflation, this would probably make it the most successfull Star Wars trilogy to date at the box office.

Which is probably why we are getting talk of spin-offs featuring Rey, Poe, and Finn. Though, it is unclear whether this is 3 in 1 show or 1 in 3 shows.

And we will see what we will see.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 06:59:51 AM »

Man, we surely love to eat crap.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 12:23:43 AM »

Man, we surely love to eat crap.

Umm...

(*looks around*)...

Isn't that why we're all here?   :D
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2020, 06:10:19 PM »

Well, the next trilogy in the Star Wars saga is one step closer to being made, but, 1st . . . did anybody recognize any of the following?

a.) an alien
b.) a bartender
c.) a stormtrooper

Answers at the end of this post.

The powers that be in the Star Wars universe, apparently, want Taika Waititi to direct one of the films in  the next Star Wars trilogy, and it will probably be the 1st one in the trilogy, which continues to be thought to take place in the Old Republic or some 5000-33 years ere episode IV and 5000-32 years ere episode I.

As for who recognized . . .

a.) musican Ed Sheeran as an alien.
b.) composer John Williams as a bartender
c.) and Radiohead producer Nigel Goodrich as a Stormtrooper.

More as it becomes available.
VenomX73

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2020, 10:24:53 PM »

Every single one of JJ's movies should be posted in "Bad movies" forum. 

This was nothing more than a re re hashing of previous Star Wars stories. JJ offered nothing new to the Saga what so ever.

I didn't like it at all. The whole thing lacked... purpose, for lack of a better word. Pretty much everything that happened seemd random to me, something I already noticed in the previous film. I mean, even the George Lucas prequels had a plot, how difficult can it be? Even SW videogames have better plots than this new trilogy.

Thumbup

exactly! this new crap makes the prequels look like masterpiece!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2020, 06:41:36 AM »

The next trilogy in December 2022, 2024, and 2026.
Timeline: Old Republic
What we know: it is nice to be wanted. Originating with the showrunners from Game of Thrones. They had to step away from the project, as they are too busy making shows for Netflix. Though, the idea will continue.
What we do not know: Who will take over.
What we do know: it will not be Rian Johnson nor Dave Filoni. Both of whom are working on their own trilogies for Lucas Films.

If they're smart, they'll bring in Jon Favreau to helm the project. He did an unexpectedly fantastic job with The Mandalorian (2019) Disney+ series. A couple episodes were misses, as well as a couple of casting picks, but the overall story was great and the characters themselves really filled in a lot of gaps that I felt were missing in the movies as far as the Galaxy Far Far Away itself was concerned.

As for the topic itself, I've only seen it twice now, once in the movie theater on preview night back in December, and when I bought the movie earlier this week on 4K Blu Ray. I had a better time watching it here at home because my 65-inch Samsung QLED and Dolby Atmos surround sound system rocks it better than the movie theater did. The movie itself was still clunkier than a pair of old steel-toed boots tossed in a clothes dryer machine set on High, but I had a better understanding of what was going on in the movie with a second viewing, not to mention a better understanding of what was wrong with it, of which there was plenty. Daisy Ridley (Rey) is still a young little 27-year-old cutie in real life, but somehow they made her look 10 years older in this movie like she's pushing 40 with 2 kids and her third husband or something. R2-D2 is barely in this last trilogy, which would be fine if the droids that replaced him were likable, but these little bowling balls with heads rolling around are more annoying than anything else; R2-D2 you actually gave a s**t about in the previous six movies and he was *never* annoying, ever.

Still, I am oddly enjoying the movie when I watch it the second time around. The same weird thing happened with The Last Jedi despite it still being the worst of all the Star Wars films. Regardless, this newest Star Wars trilogy does make the prequels look like masterpieces. 

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Archivist

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2020, 10:14:34 PM »

As one of those who saw Star Wars in the cinema as a kid, and who was deeply imprinted by the experience, I'm a bit sad to say that I've lost interest in the franchise.

The Force Awakens was good, but seemed like a retelling of the first movie, and there were too many introductions of seemingly non-canonical things, like Rey suddenly have Force skills without any training at all. Supposedly these things have been explained by the end of the trilogy, but they seem like after-the-fact patch ups, rather than well thought plotlines. And seeing clips of Luke milking green ooze out of some space mammoth, really? Such balderdash. No wonder Mark Hamill kept telling fans that 'it's not going to be the blow away experience you had as a kid' prior to its release.

So rather than let my deep love of the original visions be spoiled by the current attempt to remake the old with vain attempts at creating the new, I've bowed out. I haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd movies, neither have I seen Solo, which seems to have vanished from public awareness. Must have been a great movie, yeah.

And yet, there's the Mandalorian series which is purportedly really darn good. I don't know.

@indianasmith loves the third movie, and he's a cool and wholesome dude, so there might be some merit. But from what I seen and read, I don't know if this is the Star Wars finale that I wanted.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2020, 08:37:30 AM »

Finally saw it and how should I sum up my feelings? Well, I can honestly say I don't see how Disney could have made it any better than it was.

Know what I mean?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2020, 12:02:49 PM »

I have to agree here. DId I want a better ending? Well, hell yes. Do I think an ending that matched what I thought was possible?

f**k, hell no.

It was as good as ending as we deserved.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2020, 12:34:47 PM »

I am currently binge-watching The Clone Wars TV series on Disney+, which is surprisingly well-written and violent for a kids show. It is keeping me entertained for the most part; a couple of the kids episodes with C-3PO and R2-D2 feel like cute fillers, but just when you're about to get bored the episode ends because each one is only 23 minutes long. There are also some really good episodes that focus on the war itself, and some of those battle scenes enter into Saving Private Ryan (1998) territory due to their intensity, to the point where I forgot that I was watching a kids show aimed at 10-year-olds. I am doing the entire May The Fourth marathon by watching all of the Star Wars movies and TV series in chronological order as it pertains to their storylines, because what else to do during a global lockdown? But so far I'm glad I'm finally watching this TV series because it does make the prequels that much better by tying together the awkward Episodes 2 & 3 movies and making them make a lot more sense.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:36:54 PM by zelmo73 » Logged

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER (2019) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.