Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:18:00 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies everyone should avoid « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Movies everyone should avoid  (Read 25153 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2020, 03:30:47 AM »

Update on Dollar DVD Hell;

We dove into the pile about 2 months ago and pulled out "DC Cleopatra"  an Anime where the Japanese show what they think Americans are like.. Of course, there is a big boobied blonde good natured billionaire who can call the President of the USA for an air strike on her own oil field in the mid east to save it from terrorists bombing it first. (it does make sense.. I swear)

Did I mention DC Cleopatra has big boobs?

Anyway, I thought it was going to be a bit lame..but damn, the people who animated this either love or hate Americans.  I'm not sure which. 

pacman000
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 07:02:39 AM »

Are you sure we should avoid that one? What you wrote sounds like a reccomendation.  TeddyR
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2020, 08:43:37 AM »

Well, of course we should mention AFTER LAST SEASON. A fierce candidate for the worst movie ever made.

But that's why everyone here should seek it out.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pacman000
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »

Saw a bit of After Last Season. Its badness is hypnotic. Probably worth a watch, if you have time.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2020, 11:44:37 PM »

Is AFTER LAST SEASON a new movie directed by Tommy Wisseau?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2020, 01:22:32 AM »

Some guy called Mark Region, apparently a pseudonym.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2020, 10:42:28 AM »

Some guy called Mark Region, apparently a pseudonym.

Region is a real guy, and very dull, just like his movie. https://filmmakermagazine.com/4211-interview-after-last-seasons-mark-region/#.Xrlx5cB7lhH

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »

I've been trying for 4 nights to get through Like Normal People so I guess that. Its not bad just not what I want to see at the end of a long day in any way shape or form. If they got taken out by zombies that would be another story....hmmmm
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2020, 03:31:51 AM »

My roommate would put on "L.A. Zombie if he wanted guests to leave.   
Trollificus
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2020, 09:13:18 AM »

Quote from: bob

it's one of the worst movies from the 2010s

the story is terrible

Adam Sandler isn't convincing in his lead role as Jill

there is intentional and very blatant product placement throughout -- which honestly seems like that's the only reason this movie was made

there is nothing of value here, not even on a  it's so bad it's good level

Have you seen the Red Letter Media review of this? They started out just to roast it, but upon learning that it's budget was SEVENTY MILLION DOLLARS ($70,000,000!), made the review a two-parter wherein they dissect and pretty much confirm that this, among other Sandler joints, is a freaking SCAM. They pointed out ways where the production cheaped out when more effort/expense would have clearly made it a "better" (as in "slightly less awful") movie. And they guessed it could not possibly have generated more than a couple mill in production costs.

The rest of the $70 mill was presumably pocketed in the form of hyper-inflated salaries for the "talent". All of whom happen to be friends of Sandler and Happy Madison regulars.

Just adds a level of sleazy to what is a truly awful movie. And that doesn't even take into account whatever was paid for the extensive and intrusive product placement.

So it's a movie that's bad on levels most bad movies could never hope to achieve.  Thumbdown

"...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"
-Charles Darwin
Trollificus
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2020, 09:18:41 AM »

Quote from: kornula
Update on Dollar DVD Hell;

We dove into the pile about 2 months ago and pulled out "DC Cleopatra"  an Anime where the Japanese show what they think Americans are like.. Of course, there is a big boobied blonde good natured billionaire who can call the President of the USA for an air strike on her own oil field in the mid east to save it from terrorists bombing it first. (it does make sense.. I swear)

Did I mention DC Cleopatra has big boobs?

Anyway, I thought it was going to be a bit lame..but damn, the people who animated this either love or hate Americans.  I'm not sure which. 

Lol. I think, whether it's love or hate, it's probably kinky, being Japan.

-Charles Darwin
Trollificus
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2020, 09:31:16 AM »

My candidate, leaving out barber-made, film student-made and insane person-made films, would be "Old Dogs"...with ROBIN freaking WILLIAMS and JOHN TRAVOLTA, both in shameless check-cashing mode.

My wife made me go see it in a theater, and I thought "Well, how bad can it be, both those guys are pros, might even be good."

How wrong I was. How very, very, very, very, extremely wrong I was. From the "dog p**ses on stuff" jokes to the "guy smacked in the nuts" jokes (plural on both of those I kid you not), to the stupid, stupid plot, to the least likeable child characters I've ever seen in a movie (seriously, the films' "climax" is a birthday party for one of the little s**ts, and I was praying for the napalm strike that would have redeemed the movie), it is a truly awful MAJOR STUDIO THEATRICAL RELEASE.

My wife says she looked over and I was slumped sideways in my seat, kind of curled up like I was suffering severe GI distress and a horrified expression.

Made all the worse by having two decent "stars" whose presence in this was actually depressing.

Give it a watch and see if you can figure out who the villains are? Okay, no mystery, it's the kids. Those awful, homely, overweight, unpleasant, selfish, inconsiderate little s**ts. Obviously written by someone who has never spent more than 10 minutes in the presence of an actual child.

It is to shudder...

-Charles Darwin
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2020, 12:58:37 AM »

i saw it once years ago thought it was alright and  i don't think i've seen it since. it's not the best movie out there but i kinda liked it but not enough to want to watch it again or even buy it for that matter.

Here's one you Should Avoid at all cost "Killjoy 2' (2002) that movie WOW is it bad i watched it a few years back and it's painfully bad in fact the actor apparently reading the trivia tonight about it who played Killjoy regrets even doing it what's that tell you? he said the only good thing about it is the makeup and well he's right actually
claws
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2020, 01:15:10 AM »

I expected a very low rating but Old Dogs IMDb rating is 5,4. I guess there are some people who enjoyed it. Still, not a film I'd be interested to watch.
claws
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2020, 01:28:12 AM »

One of the worst movies I've seen is Hip Hop Locos (2001). It is a no-budget nightmare. Whatever movie you think was the worst, after watching Hip Hop Locos you will find a new appreciation for whatever you thought was bad. To me, Hip Hop Locos sets the bar when it comes the bad movies, and I've seen quite a few in my life.

Should this be avoided? Technically yes but if you ever watch it you will re-think your definition of what is bad.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 02:50:26 AM by claws » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies everyone should avoid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.