Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:22:17 PM
714313 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies everyone should avoid « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Movies everyone should avoid  (Read 25105 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2020, 02:28:03 AM »

there's quite a lot of John Carradine movies that just as bad as that one sounds, i have never even heard of that one before. for me No Country for Old Men (2007) belongs in movies you should avoid but for some reason most people seem to like it. for me it's one of the worst movies i have ever seen in my life,

there's one called Necromancy (1972) with Orson Wells and Pamela Franklin, and it's also got Michael Ontkean in it as well. on you tube there's an extended version with the longer ending and the cut one has the white just being locked in a grave and that's it.

honestly i have a feeling that one is even worse so i'm glad i didn't watch that one. Wells appears here and there in the film and he is good in it but i wish i knew why he took the role that film is just painfully bad

there's another one that is one to avoid it's called "It's not the size that counts' (1974) and if you think the film is about that yes it is & it's terrible!
why did i watch it well  buy it as i bought the VHS in the early 2000's. and the only reason i watched it at all was 2 reasons. 1. Vincent Price & 2. Denholm Elliot
is in it as well and he's a favorite of mine as well. Barry Humphries also is in it as well and i like him too.

that one i give 0/10.  it's actually a sequel to one called Percy's Progress (1971) which also has Denholm Elliot in it as well. that one i haven't seen yet but i'm not rushing to see it either.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 02:31:16 AM by pennywise37 » Logged
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2020, 01:20:33 PM »

there's one called Necromancy (1972) with Orson Wells and Pamela Franklin, and it's also got Michael Ontkean in it as well. on you tube there's an extended version with the longer ending and the cut one has the white just being locked in a grave and that's it.

honestly i have a feeling that one is even worse so i'm glad i didn't watch that one. Wells appears here and there in the film and he is good in it but i wish i knew why he took the role that film is just painfully bad

Welles was quite often broke during mid production of many of his own personal projects and had to take any and all acting gigs that were offered him.
pennywise37

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2020, 07:52:12 AM »

i'm prolly gonnna get some flack for this but i don't care, i think Wells is honestly overrated now don't get me wrong he was a talented guy and he was a great director and actor. but i never considered him a Genius now Hitchcock was a Genius i think Hitch is my favorite director of all time.

i just can't seem to get into any of Wells movies that he directs. for example years ago i watched The Trial (1963) and i watched it cause of Anthony Perkins i'll watch him in anything. and WOW was that film simply awful i was bored, not as bad as that one with Charlten Heston that i forget the name of

that one i tried watching a few years back and i never was able to actually finish it cause i just got bored and lost interest. now if you want a good Wells Film check out (1970)'s Start the Revolution without me it's a brilliant film he only acts in it and his role was more so a cameo at the start and the finish that's about it i think. so he prolly filmed all his stuff in one day.

now the one i would love to see is (1955)'s  Moby Dick Rehearsed with Christopher Lee, Lee himself went on record that is one film he had never even saw it.
i think that's one that was caught in a fire i think it was in (1967) the workprint of it i mean, but i do hope and pray i'm wrong cause i'd love to see it.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2020, 09:33:53 AM »

s**tIZEN KANE is the definition of overrated and boredom. I'm sure that if you look those words in the dictionary you get a picture of that movie.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2020, 11:38:03 AM »

Art is 10000000% subjective.  There is some spark of interest in a work of art that offers one a bit of personal refection.  If there is no spark, that body of work will never engage you.  So I can see how Welles films can not engage you.   You at least recognize his skills/talent.   

The Trial is honestly not his best film I would have to say as well.    What gets me is that the casting is amazing yet the movie never seems to fully engage into the story fully.  Mr K is on trial for ...mediocrity. (that's the "story" I kid you not)  However, I saw a live stage production of "The Trial" about 15 years ago.   I have to say I was totally engaged with the staged version.

PS, do yourself a favor and watch "F is For Fake".  It's on youtube and I honestly love this movie more than Citizen Kane..and I'm an unapologetic Welles Fanboy.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2020, 12:26:27 PM »

not as bad as that one with Charlten Heston that i forget the name of

A TOUCH OF EVIL (1958) which I thought was a classic.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2020, 12:44:35 PM »

Art is 10000000% subjective.  There is some spark of interest in a work of art that offers one a bit of personal refection.  If there is no spark, that body of work will never engage you.  So I can see how Welles films can not engage you.   You at least recognize his skills/talent.   

The Trial is honestly not his best film I would have to say as well.    What gets me is that the casting is amazing yet the movie never seems to fully engage into the story fully.  Mr K is on trial for ...mediocrity. (that's the "story" I kid you not)  However, I saw a live stage production of "The Trial" about 15 years ago.   I have to say I was totally engaged with the staged version.

PS, do yourself a favor and watch "F is For Fake".  It's on youtube and I honestly love this movie more than Citizen Kane..and I'm an unapologetic Welles Fanboy.

It is a shame many people instead of thinking "I don't like this, it just isn't for me", think instead "I don't like this ergo this person has no talent" (and I include myself in the former catagory sometimes. I still can't understand how anyone could enjoy the Solaris remake for example).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2020, 12:49:10 PM »

I actually think THE TRIAL may be Welles' best movie, with only TOUCH OF EVIL to challenge it. Different strokes, eh?

(Anyone who thinks they don't like Welles should see TOUCH OF EVIL before coming to that decision. If you're still not convinced after that, have at it.)

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2020, 01:28:17 PM »

s**tIZEN KANE is the definition of overrated and boredom. I'm sure that if you look those words in the dictionary you get a picture of that movie.

You do not know a BORING movie if CITIZEN KANE bored you.   Thumbup TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pennywise37

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2020, 12:05:30 AM »

yes i admit the man was Talented and a pretty smart guy i was watching old interviews of him recently as in the past few days, one was on Dick Cavett in (1970) and i forget the name of that Gentlemen from the UK from (1974)  on Cavett he actually did talk about Citizen Kane and it's not something he normally talked about so i was surprised he even spoke about it at all.

i will say on Wells he tried different things and didn't want to copy things he's done i can respect that where Woody Allen has played the same character for over 50 years and people still love him, only nice thing i can say about him is that he's a good director.

both guys though often get the best cast for their films regardless of Quality. and yes thank you Touch of Evil i think i watched about half if it and i lost track of what was going on cause i got bored and i shut it off. TCM had it on one day i prolly will watch it again one day but who knows when?

the the funniest things and the best thing he ever did is easily easily Peas commerical he did in what (1973) and he was drunk off his a**  when i first heard that tape i could not stop laughing. as for F is for Fake actually that's been on my list to watch for years i just have never gotten around to see it.

i'm not opposed to trying to watch his films cause i at some point will try and watch more of them. F is for Fake is on you tube? on that i had no idea thank you
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2020, 07:14:06 AM »

^ If it makes you feel any better, CITIZEN KANE bored me to tears as well.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »

^ If it makes you feel any better, CITIZEN KANE bored me to tears as well.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2020, 10:29:14 AM »

Yeh, you want action, murder, violence, busty babes and stupid dialogue, CITIZEN KANE is not for you! 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2020, 11:33:44 AM »

violence,

I generally have to have at least violence. Even in comedy- which may be why the 3 Stooges are my favorite comedians.
I can understand why in the 40's this was the "Greatest Movie of ALL TIME"- kind of. The cinematography is excellent and broke new ground at the time. But that in itself does not a great movie make. I have never been able to sit through the whole thing. And I tried a couple of times.
Kinda like GONE WITH THE WIND (1939). That movie is about as worthless as a $3 bill (in my humble opinion.)
Chaplin too. Why was he so great? Oh yeah- he introduced pathos into slapstick.
If I'm watching a slapstick- I don't care about pathos or romantic subplots. I just want to see someone acting like an idiot.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:54:28 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »

violence,
I generally have to have at least violence. Even in comedy- which may be why the 3 Stooges are my favorite comedians.
I can understand why in the 40's this was the "Greatest Movie of ALL TIME"- kind of. The cinematography is excellent and broke new ground at the time. But that in itself does not a great movie make.

CITIZEN KANE
is a great movie for several reasons; even the BERNARD HERRMANN score is superb.  The film's reputation goes up and down like a balloon.  Personally, I think BUSTER KEATON's THE GENERAL might be the "greatest movie of all time". 

Kinda like GONE WITH THE WIND (1939). That movie is about as worthless as a $3 bill (in my humble opinion.)
Chaplin too. Why was he so great? Oh yeah- he introduced pathos into slapstick.
If I'm watching a slapstick- I don't care about pathos or romantic subplots. I just want to see someone acting like an idiot.
Though there are things to like in GONE WITH THE WIND - I ain't a fan either! 
As far as CHAPLIN goes, THE GOLD RUSH  CITY LIGHTS  MODERN TIMES  THE GREAT DICTATOR  MONSIEUR VERDOUX... are all favorites of mine.  I think those films are filled with humor AND pathos. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies everyone should avoid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.