Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:06:55 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies everyone should avoid « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Movies everyone should avoid  (Read 24852 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2020, 12:16:31 PM »

^ I never liked Chaplin. I love Laurel and Hardy, and Harold Llyod. Not so much Keaton. I think his stone face act gets monotonous. But Chaplin...I dunno. Too self important. And his early years were just Keystone cops stuff. Like Cecil B. DeMille...he broke new ground in film making...but most of his stuff is blah. Like most  blockbusters. They broke records. So what? So did TITANIC.
(It's odd that I don't like Keaton so much- but I love Droopy cartoons!  Buggedout)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 12:20:55 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2020, 12:47:43 PM »

Pathos in a horror film is essential. Karloff's Frankenstein is the best example. No other version by any other actor in the same role every captured that. The first film is my favorite.He don't say a word.

Karloff turned a monster into a man. Without a word of dialogue! No easy trick.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 12:54:27 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2020, 03:13:46 PM »

i've tried to get into Chaplin as well and he's i agree hard to get into cause his humor is just so different i also love Stan and Ollie as well.
i do like Keaton but i haven't seen that much of his his stuff mostly stuff he did in the 60's to be honest. The Twilight zone for example not a great episode but a decent one. and nobody said that Citizen Kane wasn't a well made movie but watching it wise..... is another matter altogether.

as for Karloff i just love him honestly i think Bride is a far better film than the (1931) version of Frankenstein. as for Titanic it's a good not a great movie,
it's highly overrated as well. i think i  already said that i saw it when it first came out and i went with my  aunt and laughed my ass off when Leo died i think cause of his cheesy that scene was. i still dunno why people went and saw it 30 or 40 times if anyone remembers that? the last film i saw in the theater more than any other is Rocky Horror i went to get out of the house growing up.  Pulp Fiction i saw 4 times when that first came out

but  other than that... anyways but i do love the (1992) film Chaplin with Robert Downey Jr. that film is such a good film i wish i had it on blu-ray but i do i think have it on VHS.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2020, 02:31:00 PM »

Just a friendly reminder;  do not watch Godfry Ho's: "Robo Vampire"   

Heck, if you see "Directed by Godfrey Ho" on any DVD, burn it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2020, 02:35:49 PM »

I love NINJA TERMINATOR!

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2020, 02:37:33 PM »

I love NINJA TERMINATOR!

http://youtu.be/ThpdB-W89gg

Why??? can you explain what is going on in that .. or ANY Godfrey Ho movie please!????
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2020, 09:58:30 PM »

^  No...no I can't explain. But that's why I like them!  Wink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2020, 10:57:22 PM »

i have no interest in watching those myself as they all look  terrible, some are no doubt better than others but there are better movies out there but to each their own i suppose
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2020, 12:22:55 AM »

Fair enough. 

Oddly, that's the similar response I get from my roommate who swears he honestly loves TAKING TIGER MOUNTAIN (1983)   This movie is a little more cohesive a story than any Godfrey Ho movie.. only by a hairs breath tho.
pennywise37

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2020, 12:25:39 AM »

i'm like that with some movies too, i see lists of Leonard Part 6 (1987) and yeah it's a bad film but it's one i just love i dunno why the film still makes me laugh

and yeah it's a bad film but it's fun bad & i even bought on VHS some years back. there are far far worse movies out there than that but that's one i always did get a kick out of.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2020, 06:10:18 PM »

PS, I cannot recall, but were there any actual Ninja's in the movie?  More than half his movies with "Ninja" in the title do not have actual Ninja's.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »

i'm like that with some movies too, i see lists of Leonard Part 6 (1987) and yeah it's a bad film but it's one i just love i dunno why the film still makes me laugh

and yeah it's a bad film but it's fun bad & i even bought on VHS some years back. there are far far worse movies out there than that but that's one i always did get a kick out of.

For 25 years, I've avoided Cosby movies..like Ghost Dad and Leonard Part 6.   One year ago, I broke down and watched Ghost dad. Should I break down and watch Leonard Part 6?
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2020, 12:23:49 AM »

Grease 2 worst than the first one Mamma Mia and Shock Treatment.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2020, 01:31:47 AM »

For 25 years, I've avoided Cosby movies..like Ghost Dad and Leonard Part 6.   One year ago, I broke down and watched Ghost dad. Should I break down and watch Leonard Part 6?

I found Leonard part 6 to be dull and stupid, can't give it a recommend.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2020, 03:03:51 AM »

that's not among his best films i will give you that but i love it,  Ghost Dad i like but if there are other Cosby films out there you could watch i haven't seen that many of them,  Jack (1996) is a good drama with Robin Williams Cosby isn't in that one that much if i recall but it's a good movie.

a good one is Mother, Jugs & Speed from (1976) on IMDB it says he only did 15 films WOW i thought it was more! 

here's one to avoid like the freaking plague and that's (2019)'s Pet Semetary  WOW was it bad i bought on 4K when it 1st came out on a lark and i bought that and the Original as well on 4K as i love that film. i love the (1989) film anyways, all the cut scenes in it SHOULD have been in the damn film cause they would have made a far better film.  reading the trivia of it the test audience loved the ending to what they did end up using as several of them where shot apparently.

another reason why they should STOP USING THEM! sorry about the all caps but it's so true.  test audience aren't always right they a lot of the time can be full of major sh*t.  the ending they used is just plain terrible,  i have a fan edit of it that i found online and downloaded and i think i will have to watch that one at some point. but some of the stuff that was cut was character development and they must have been smoking some of the good stuff when they edited it.

my only question is why didn't they share?  has anyone seen this one? and if so what did you think of it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies everyone should avoid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.