Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:38:47 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Which is your favorite remake/reboot and why? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Which is your favorite remake/reboot and why?  (Read 14555 times)
beat_truck
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2020, 03:06:12 AM »

Night of the Living Dead (1990)
It's the first zombie movie I ever saw, so there's that.  It's also very good.

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
It's not very faithful to the original, but it is a pretty decent horror / action movie on it's own.

The Thing and Invasion of the Body Snatchers were both good from what I can remember, but it's been ages since I saw them.

Most of the other remakes / reboots I've watched have been utter garbage, and I hated myself for wasting time and money on them. Hatred  I refuse to watch any more unless I hear from multiple sources that they are worthy.
beat_truck
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2020, 03:10:49 AM »

The Crazies (2010) isn't perfect, but it was decent enough that I bought it.  The original wasn't a masterpiece either, but it is from George Romero, so I had to own it too. Smile
beat_truck
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2020, 03:20:31 AM »

They keep coming to me.

Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) is a great moody, atmospheric, and beautifully filmed remake with a haunting soundtrack.  It is probably more enjoyable than the original.

The Fly (1986) was good too.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2020, 03:57:29 AM »

I dug the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and it's sequel from the mid 2000's

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2020, 01:02:24 PM »

I too love THE THING (1982) and
THE MALTESE FALCON (1941)

I'm sure a few of  you know that Hollywood attempted several times to make WIZARD OF OZ.  Including L Frank Balm himself to make his own cinematic adaptation of his own work... they failed miserably.  The oddest attempt was Larry Sieman's version.. which he paied a s**t ton of $$$ for the rights only to have a film that has very little to do with the actual story.

Oh...and I love the Cohen brothers remake of TRUE GRIT.
pacman000
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2020, 02:19:26 PM »

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) or Swiss Family Robinson (1960)

Both movies had been made before 20,000 Leagues as a silent film, Swiss Family in the 40's.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2020, 09:10:37 PM »

Probably and unpopular opinion to a lot of people.  But I actually liked Peter Jackson's version of King Kong.   You can tell he loved the original and wanted to tell a bigger version.  I've heard the complaints, and while I can admit to many being valid, I think the movie does enough right to counter balance them. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2020, 02:30:00 AM »

Probably and unpopular opinion to a lot of people.  But I actually liked Peter Jackson's version of King Kong.   You can tell he loved the original and wanted to tell a bigger version.  I've heard the complaints, and while I can admit to many being valid, I think the movie does enough right to counter balance them. 

I really enjoyed the first hour of story that Jackson tacked on to the movie and how they (finally) got to Skull Island. Jackson did a really good job of immersing us in the 1930s city life, and one thing that I thought was an improvement over the original involved this very thing, in that the film starts and ends in the big city, so we get a better sense of Kong being literally ripped out of his world and thrust into ours. Plus, Andy Serkis made us feel more sympathy for the beast than even the 1976 version; my little 5-year-old nephew cried big tears for Kong at the end when he first saw it. Whereas in the original and 1976 versions, I just wanted to see Kong knock the biplanes and helicopters out of the sky at the end. The 3+ hour Ultimate Edition on 4K blu ray is the only way to truly enjoy this one.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2020, 07:22:47 PM »

I think Trevor mentioned it, but I too enjoyed Walking Tall with The Rock.  I actually saw that first, before seeing the original.

Does Spider-Man: Homecoming with Tom Holland count? I know that studio was attempting a third attempt at a series after the Spider-Man films with Garfield kinda bombed and Marvel cut a deal to bring him in the MCU.  If that counts, that's a remake/reboot I dug.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
pacman000
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2021, 09:44:43 PM »

Spider-Man (2002) was good, & technically, was a reboot. The comic had been made into a movie in 1977: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_(1977_film)
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2021, 04:07:15 AM »

The Cape Fear film from the 1990's, for Robert DeNiro's performance as Max Cady. I like that Gregory Peck has a cameo in that one. It's a film I can watch over and over again, and find something new each time. Juliette Lewis, Nick Nolte and even Ileana Douglas all did a great job too in my opinion.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Which is your favorite remake/reboot and why? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.